Missing Steel boxes -UK members please read.

There seems to be increasing evidence of a link between Missing Deliveries in UK and a shipping date of 18 May.

Would all UK preorderers whose order shipped on 18 May please just add a reply to this thread indicating whether you have or have not received your game.

This should clarify the situation

Thanks

I will start the list as someone with a shipping date 18 May and no game delivery.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Likewise, I've had things take 4-6 weeks to arrive from Germany. This sort of delay is not unusual, though obviously sub-optimal. And there's nothing that can be done about it either. In the past I've tried to get action on packages that were seemingly taking forever and they wouldn't even process paperwork until it was x weeks overdue (I can't remember what that timeframe was).

And I have a personal horror story with Royal Mail that is the stuff of legend. Cost a friend of mine $500 in stolen items. But that's a tale for some other day as it's not directly relevant ;)

Steve

It's entirely possible that a container full of stuff (not just ours) is sitting in a UK Customs warehouse somewhere, patiently waiting for some attention. As I said in the other thread, I sent a package to Germany using a 3-5 day tracked service and it took 3 weeks to be delivered. No explanation, no apology, no refund of the extra postage I paid for the quicker service. That's just the way things go sometimes :(

If we get to about 5 weeks... then I think there will be some justification for action. Currently we're at 3 weeks and that's not an excessive delivery time in our experience. Longer than it should be, definitely, but not unheard of.

Steve

Thanks to all of

you who responded with feedback.

This quick straw poll shows that of those who responded in this category (UK 18 May shipping)

Up to this date 3 weeks after shipping

Those who have recieved the game ----3

Those with no delivery or news so far---10

This does seem a very poor success rate after 3 weeks---But Steve has suggested in this thread that a 5 week wait should occur before any action is taken. In honesty I do not recall any such warning to customers at the time of purchase that a considerable number of us should possibly anticipate this sort of delay. But I suggest that in keeping with this judgment and advice we all wait until THURSDAY 23 JUNE (5 week point) ,take a new poll to reveal the current situation and then , if necessary discuss with Steve and BF what action can and should then definitely be launched.

Thanks for your cooperation and patience-under- duress.

The issue here is that 3 weeks is not unusual for international mail. I've had stuff go to Canada, a mere stone's throw away, take that long. So 3 weeks isn't surprising to me at all. 4 weeks would be considered "outlier" in my experience, 5 weeks definitely indicates some sort of problem based on experience.

Steve

Steve-thanks for your involvement--as suggested we will check the sitn again on Thurs 23 June (5 week point) and if there are still missing orders then we would expect some BF initiated investigation with the carriers and some resolution of this thorny issue.

Thanks and lets hope it wont be necessary.

London here and my order date (download+steel case) is 11/3/2011, (or 3/11/2011...): checked my account and order status says "shipped", but I haven't seen anything yet.

No other e-mails received since then, apart from one dated 3/11/2011 saying order status changed to "confirmed" and since the game has been officially released, I've checked my mail every single day: even the spam inbox.

Shall I submit a ticket too?

PS Great game: I absolutely love it and you've done a great job there at Battlefront, but I would like to get the case too: either steel, plastic, paper, cardboard, stone, Kevlar or chobham armour it doesn't really bother me, but I'd really like to get it.