Missing Steel boxes -UK members please read.

In my box the registration key was on a sticker inside the box, under the game disc.

My box doesn't have such a sticker.

Was it a download and physical delivery, or only physical delivery?

Because with double delivery you need your key already with your download, while with physical delivery only, there is a point in putting the key in the box.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mine arrived today complete and undamaged but with a sticker claiming £17.90 on the packaging saying "this package cannot be delivered until the charges are paid".

Eh, what? They did deliver it and I have got the package now so they ain't getting a penny of my money, sticker or no sticker. It just gives a phone number for "queries" about the fee. You couldn't make this up.

From the country that has a Ministry for Silly Walks (I know about this, I saw a documentary!) this isn't surprising.

:D

Steve

Yes just got mine from the parcel office and had to pay the £17.90 ransom. Asked the guy why some are paying and some not. He said 'it's pot luck which parcels customs decide to pull'

I heard exactly the same thing from my postie when I went to pay up this morning.

I left the depot with visions of a crowd of men in suits excitedly taking turns controlling a giant mechanical crane like kids round a fairground lucky dip.

Except of course, that's giving them too much credit - they probably have 2 holes in the floor marked 'VAT' and 'No VAT' and take turns kicking the parcels until they fall down one or the other.

The delay, unfortunately, explains why pretty much everybody reporting in now is getting hit by the blackmail demand. What most likely happened is the bins were pulled out of the delivery stream and it took Customs a while to go through the contents, then get the stuff back out for delivery.

So the sad irony here is that the delay is being caused by getting racked over the coals for Duties. Poorer service and more cost... not a good combo on any day of the week.

Well, the lesson is learned for us as well. We've never had such problems with the UK in the past. This must be a part of the government's attempts to get revenue wherever it can to offset the austerity cuts in services. In the future when we do preorders we will have a very prominent warning to UK customers (in particular) that they stand a very good chance of getting whacked. Anecdotally I'd say the chance of getting hit is probably 20% or perhaps slightly higher.

Steve

The delay, unfortunately, explains why pretty much everybody reporting in now is getting hit by the blackmail demand. What most likely happened is the bins were pulled out of the delivery stream and it took Customs a while to go through the contents, then get the stuff back out for delivery.

So the sad irony here is that the delay is being caused by getting racked over the coals for Duties. Poorer service and more cost... not a good combo on any day of the week.

Well, the lesson is learned for us as well. We've never had such problems with the UK in the past. This must be a part of the government's attempts to get revenue wherever it can to offset the austerity cuts in services. In the future when we do preorders we will have a very prominent warning to UK customers (in particular) that they stand a very good chance of getting whacked. Anecdotally I'd say the chance of getting hit is probably 20% or perhaps slightly higher.

Steve

I think averages are your enemy. In London I suspect it is well over 50%

Congratulations and envy "Underfire"--no delivery or news into the Outback city of Brighton as yet..........

Seems as if the May 18th Shipped were the ones pulled by customs. Hopefully your ongoing delay is nothing more serious than customs slowly handing them over to the posties.

I heard exactly the same thing from my postie when I went to pay up this morning.

I left the depot with visions of a crowd of men in suits excitedly taking turns controlling a giant mechanical crane like kids round a fairground lucky dip.

Except of course, that's giving them too much credit - they probably have 2 holes in the floor marked 'VAT' and 'No VAT' and take turns kicking the parcels until they fall down one or the other.

That is probably spot on :-)

After waiting a month for the game, I picked mine up today after paying £17.90 tax and handling. No-one likes to pay tax, handling fees, offshore trouser tariffs or anything else for that matter. But......

The post guy at the local depot said to me "you know if they hadn't put a value of $80 on the front of the package, you'd have had this sent directly to you".

So why don't you guys at Battlefront put a value of $5 on the front of the package? Or even "$0 - sample". Who's going to know otherwise?

I can't be bothered to play the game now to be honest. Deflated, defeated and with a hard-to-read manual, this just sums up the year's gaming for me so far. I've played the game a couple of times and given up in frustration. I'm an old fashioned person who likes to have the manual in hand when I play, take it to bed to read and even peruse it whilst on the throne. CM:BN is a complex, unforgiving beast and it just isn't a game you can dive into and RTFM later. Not for me anyway.

Oh and one more thing, mid-brown print is hard on the human eye. Couple it with a light brown paper and you're asking for trouble. Whats wrong with black and white for heaven's sake?

I wish I hadn't bothered to pay the 17.90 and then the Royal Mail would have had to ship the package back to the good ol' US of A, instead of gouging me for £8 handling charge.

What have I got for my money? A difficult-to-open box, a disc and a manual that is difficult to read without getting serious eyestrain. And a game that I can't sell, I suspect.

What have I got for my money? A difficult-to-open box, a disc and a manual that is difficult to read without getting serious eyestrain. And a game that I can't sell, I suspect.

I am sure you can sell the manual for a good price. Several people on this board already requested a manual.

But there is also nothing that I know of that prevents you from selling the complete game, although the buyer has to trust you that you didn't spend all the activations.

And you have to transfer your account info on the website to the buyer.

The post guy at the local depot said to me "you know if they hadn't put a value of $80 on the front of the package, you'd have had this sent directly to you".

So why don't you guys at Battlefront put a value of $5 on the front of the package? Or even "$0 - sample". Who's going to know otherwise?

Battlefront covered this before. The answer is, IIRC, that it is fraud and they can well do without any possible legal hassle.

What I was wondering, though, is does that $80 include shipping?