"Would be nice" feature list

No stress. No whining. Just would be nice:D

Here's mine

Battle Summary.

Going one step further than the addition of kill stats, would be having the ability to click on a unit and seeing all the units highlighted that, that unit killed. Seeing the wake they left. Also it would be nice to see your mortars crew kills in the same way. At the higher levels, visibility isn't the best. So it would be great to see the bodies, and exactly where your mortars did it's most damage once the map is revealed.

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It would be nice but I think it would be pretty hard because of the 1:1 body count and WIAs and KIAs being removed after buddy aid.

Mine; KIAs/WIAs staying in or near vehicles when hit...leaving the little red dots in vehicles after it is destroyed/abandoned so you know how many were killed inside...LOL see a theme here?

Armor Only Arc.

Fire. Fire. And surprise...Fire!

Mord.

* Flip up menu - only appears when you have a unit selected.

* Expanded menu for large/wide screens.

* 2nd monitor configured for a top-down situational map or manual.

* "Clutter" (flavour objects) auto-generate tool - places clutter around houses, maybe some beside roads, that kind of thing.

* Ability to lock onto and take control of individual vehicles :D Yeah yeah I know, but it would be amusing.

I'd like to see infantry be able to pitch a grenade or demo charge in isolated bunkers. The sitting in front of them, blazing away for several turns with little effect is silly.

Besides, it's an iconic WWII infantry action. Steve McQueen as Private Reese would want to put the demo charge in the bunker. Now, James Coburn as Henshaw would want to have flame in the game, but Mord already covered that one.

I'd like to see infantry be able to pitch a grenade or demo charge in isolated bunkers. The sitting in front of them, blazing away for several turns with little effect is silly.

They do chuck grenades when they have them (or do you mean something different?)...I've seen it a bunch of times. Though I do like the idea of grenade bundles and demo charges being chucked (extra carnage) ala CMX1.

Mord.

They will chuck demo charges as well.

Best tried in the Silence the Guns: Brecourt Manor scenario.

REALLY? That's great news...how do you get them to do it? And what did they throw them at?

I waited to see if they'd assault a bunker but didn't get any love...and tried to blow a gun by using the breach command.

Mord.

REALLY? That's great news...how do you get them to do it? And what did they throw them at?

Move the satchel-equipped team right next (same or adjacent action spot) to the bunker and let them do their thing. If the bunker is not KO'd they should attack with grenades and satchels.

I've done this several times, (Brecourt Manor) and they'll knock out the bunker (bazooka or demo charge) but the occupants are unharmed, and further attempts against the bunker occupants are futile.

What I'd like to see is that if there is an isolated bunker that is knocked out, and there are still occupants inside, you can have your infantry attack until they are eliminated.

Nice to have stuff:

Scroll bars in the pre-battle GUI instead of the 'Next' button. Especially useful in the unit purchase screen where sometimes you have to minimise each previously purchased selection before you can see the units you've just purchased.

The ability to delete old saves within the game itself, rather than via Explorer.

Oh there's plenty more (moveable waypoints, ability to select units by clicking on their movement lines, Armour only target arcs, ability to set area fire in an arc/linear plot rather than just selecting a specific action spot, AI triggers based on events rather than time, fire, damage decals on vehicles, bren tripods...) but I thought I'd stick with 'something simple that would only take a few minutes to code'. TM :D

A "Cancel" button when you click the red button to finish your PBEM turn. It's way too easy to click that button when you meant to click something else in the UI. If you do, you get the dialog box to name your turn file and NO OTHER OPTION. If you clicked it on accident, you're stuck saving your turn prematurely, reopening the last PBEM file you received, and doing your moves all over again.

I'd also really love to see a "show all cover arcs" button, since the only way to view cover arcs now is to select each and every unit individually.