"Would be nice" feature list

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I second the idea of a pulldown menu for units.

AAA - 20mm for jerry. ability to target aircraft.

scenario builder objects ( list below)

STATIC GLIDERS- nice to place around for cinematics. Good for historical scenerios

USED PARACHUTES+- - would be lovely to have units fight from the landing zone chutes.

SUPPLY CANISTERS - troops could find these and get ammo much like vehicles. This would be ace for para troops - the more i think about this the more i want to see it. - should be easy to code in just like a vehicle that doesn't move)

MORE RUBBLE. -

BOATS/Landing craft - small craft for river crossing and or for cinematics

NEW FEATURE - UNIT MARKINGS

vehicles and troop 3d models have areas marked for images

New control panel area for creating unit markings. Just load up .jpgs for vehicle patches and troop patches/markings.

Later when creating your forces in the scenario editor you select the unit markings to attach to the unit you buy.

You end up with units individually marked - would be good for historical but users could also make up fun/personal unit markings

Fix some bugs or wrong modeled features, first!.

Open Toped vehicles like the Marder III are modeled Wrong... a Open vehicle must see his enemies before than a closed tank... and this game doesn't model that fact.

Take a look into the Open vehicles and his view capability of contacts... something is wrong with this game in that area.

Fix some bugs or wrong modeled features, first!.

Open Toped vehicles like the Marder III are modeled Wrong... a Open vehicle must see his enemies before than a closed tank... and this game doesn't model that fact.

Take a look into the Open vehicles and his view capability of contacts... something is wrong with this game in that area.

Must? Is this a board game? More information is going to be needed on what you think is an issue before people potentially waste their time looking into this.

It would be awesome to be able to detail tweak ammo and equipment being carried by units atleast in the scenario editor. I remember being able to do this in CMx1 games. Like being able to adjust the number of AP, HE, HC... round types carried by all platforms or being able to add a couple of Panzerfaust 30s to a otherwise useless truck in a motorized platoon. For example, you could simulate an undersupplied Panther platoon who are nearly all out of AP ammo but who have plenty of HE or simulate a US tank destroyer that just got a large shipment of Tungsten AP rounds in, or maybe a US infantry platoon that just swapped out their garandes for a couple extra Thompson or grease guns for a close quarters urban engagement. I would love so much for this deep tweaking to return in the editor.

The British & Italians - Early France, Africa, & Med.

The Russians & East Europeans - East Front

The Marines & Japanese - Asia & Pacific

This would be AWESOME

Along with LOS tool, movable waypoints, breakdown/join squad ability mounted/unmonted.

It would be awesome to be able to detail tweak ammo and equipment being carried by units atleast in the scenario editor. I remember being able to do this in CMx1 games. Like being able to adjust the number of AP, HE, HC... round types carried by all platforms or being able to add a couple of Panzerfaust 30s to a otherwise useless truck in a motorized platoon. For example, you could simulate an undersupplied Panther platoon who are nearly all out of AP ammo but who have plenty of HE or simulate a US tank destroyer that just got a large shipment of Tungsten AP rounds in, or maybe a US infantry platoon that just swapped out their garandes for a couple extra Thompson or grease guns for a close quarters urban engagement. I would love so much for this deep tweaking to return in the editor.

Right now, I'd settle for being able to see the default composition of units in the QM purchase screen. Just who is in that German "Breach Team", anyway?

According to several sources in the website GvA "A few rounds of HVAP M93 APCR were rushed to France in August 1944. Subsequently limited numbers were issued to troops as only 10,000 rounds were produced each month." Many went to the M10 units then to the 76 gunned units. So for this game in June-July-August very little should be on hand and only in August.

Generally I really like the appearances of the buildings, farms and churches. The cites are very nice.

I lived in France, Austria and Germany in the 60's and 70's and my recollections are that in villages, even small ones, the buildings in town where the village church always is were wall to wall against each other nearly always. In fact this is often the way in small or older American small towns except for wood and brick rather than stone.

This is not always the case in the various maps I see in QB for villages.

About the "detailed armor hits" feature: would be nice, if hits from small arms were shown in white text, and hits from AT weapons shown with red text - or something like that.

Sometimes a tank takes multiple hits from many weapons firing at it, every one is shown (for example hits from MG) and it's somewhat difficult to notice the more dangerous hits from heavier weapons.

What I would like to see:

1.) QB for Campaigns like in the original CM. Would be nice to create a random generated campaign.

2.) Ability to edit campaigns.

3.) Ability to generate QB's and save them as scenarios for editing.

4.) For the user created scenarios / campaigns add the ability of increase or decrease either sides force. Such as allow a 20% increase for the enemy or a 10% decrease in yours.

Also thanks to battlefront for creating a great game. So far I have enjoyed the campaign, and all the user created scenarios. The CM community has some people who do a great job with creating additional scenarios and Mods.