Mord's Immersive American Voices Mod

Mord

I wonder if there are still copyright issues for Hogan's Heroes. The entire series is available on DVD, and it would be a labor of love to extract the proper voices for a hilarious mod.

All those episodes must have just about every voice .wav you would want.

:D

"Armor Spotted" becomes "Hello leibchen"

Broken troops running away scream "HOGAAANNN!"

----

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i downloaded the mod and put the "Mord's Immersive American Voices Mod" folder in Z (I have the Mac version), but when I fire the game, I can't hear any voice. If I remove the folder, I can hear the stock voices.

What's wrong?

Thanks

i downloaded the mod and put the "Mord's Immersive American Voices Mod" folder in Z (I have the Mac version), but when I fire the game, I can't hear any voice. If I remove the folder, I can hear the stock voices.

What's wrong?

Thanks

I have the same problem. Using the Mac version, too.

I just read the Readme where it indicates that its your voice in the mod. Great work. What equipment did you use to record your voice? I can imagine you would have to "get in the right zone" to be able to pull off those situational voices, like watch a few episodes of BoB lol. You say that it would be better if there was a few other voice actors to mix it up and that would be cool. I can imagine it wouldn't be easy finding volunteers with voice acting skills like your own.

Thanks for all the nice praise about the acting and such. I just used plain old Windows XP sound recorder, mostly because I noticed I didn't get much difference in the quality between that and Audacity.

The acting part, well LOL that trail was blazed back when I did a voice mod for CMSF...the first was really weak and didn't have many files...I revisited it and attacked it with more gusto and umph and I got a decent response so it taught me a lot. The big part was thinking about what guys would be doing in the situation I was recording...you know, how would I or they feel when bullets were coming in...what would be said that would sound real. You add that to things you've seen in movies and the tons of combat footage I'd watched on Youtube and it gives you a good feel for what sounds authentic. I figured things like moving fast, targeting orders, spotting enemies and the like would be very adrenaline fueled...things like the hunt command would be tense but without all the shouting and chaos.

Mord.

Guys, I have UPDATED the file on both the Repository (may take a while for it to update there) and GAJ'S to a cleaner version. Vein was nice enough to remove all the distortion from the voices and it gives them a much smoother sound. So big thanks to him! You'll be able to tell this version from the first easy enough, I updated the names of the folder, the splash pic, and the readme to V1.0A...shouldn't be any confusion.

Thanks to everyone for all the nice praise. I am glad you are digging it. It's nice to get all the feedback after the week of work I put in.

As far as why it's not working on the Macs...Sorry, guys I have no idea what could be wrong.

Mord.

Guys, I have UPDATED the file on both the Repository (may take a while for it to update there) and GAJ'S to a cleaner version. Vein was nice enough to remove all the distortion from the voices and it gives them a much smoother sound. So big thanks to him! You'll be able to tell this version from the first easy enough, I updated the names of the folder, the splash pic, and the readme to V1.0A...shouldn't be any confusion.

Thanks to everyone for all the nice praise. I am glad you are digging it. It's nice to get all the feedback after the week of work I put in.

As far as why it's not working on the Macs...Sorry, guys I have no idea what could be wrong.

Mord.

Version 1.0A is working!

Thanks Mord, great mod!

Started the Road to Montebourg campaign today (thought it would be fun to follow along in real time), and I must say, your voice overs added a sense of urgency to the combat. Intense! You're right, they do sound even better when you hear them in context. I had a firefight at Beau Guillot, and it was a pretty immersive experience hearing the caucophony of shots and guys shouting under stress. Well done, and thanks!

Here's a little clip for anyone who wants to hear what it's like:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CcnX4viAHSI

Thanks George...that's an awesome compliment coming from a master voice guy. You are the dude that inspired me to remake my CMSF mod better than it was.

Mord.

You are welcome!

You could increase the volume on each file in sound recorder or Audacity but man, that would be a ton of work. There may be a way of doing them all at once but I am not sure how.

There were two reasons I didn't make them super loud, one was the distortion from my recording (which Vein fixed in the new version) and the other is that it seemed more realistic to not have the voices jumping right out crystal clear like the stock wavs.

They tend to play louder the closer you are to the guys, though.

@Wodin, hope you finally checked it out man and enjoy it.

Mord.

LOL. Actually I did come across that when I was looking for some slang terms...an online version. I read through for a ways but didn't come across much that I could use, then set it aside.

Good luck with the volume...hopefully it will be clearer for you...I tested it pretty heavily and it sounded decent on my comp. Little hard to hear when there were lots of explosions and stuff but I could catch pieces of phrases which seemed to make the situations even more chaotic.

Mord.