Mord's Immersive American Voices Mod

Mord

That's right guys! It's what some of you have been waiting for...a TOTAL revamp of all the US voices in CMBN! More intense, more action, more emotion! 449 NEW, never before recorded voices to give your battles that much needed atmosphere.

Took me a week, I hope you guys really like this one. Pay close attention when the s*** hits the fan...sounds really cool!

mordsimmersiveamericanv.jpg

Coming soon to a Repository near you. Up at GAJ's now!

http://cmmods.greenasjade.net/mods

Mord.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So far, I'm lovin' it. Has a good dramatic feel to it, without being too over the top.

Makes you cringe a bit more when your men get hit....yikes!

Thanks...that's exactly what I was aiming for. The files can play at some excellent moments making some of the situations your infantry find themselves in extra cool.

And yes, I was definitely trying to up the visceral nature of getting hit or killed.

Oh hell yeah! Been waiting for this. Sampled a few and they sound great so far. I'll try them out in-game tomorrow to get the full effect. Awesome job dude; insane amount of work for sure!

Glad you liked what you heard, though I always warn of listening to them out of context (out of the game). Sometimes I'd record something and think it was kinda anemic, or even stupid sounding but it'd take on a whole new feeling within the context of a battle.

And yes, it was a daunting task...waaaaay more files than CMSF...I probably did 1000 takes easy. LMAO. I am glad it's over!

Mord.

You're welcome para.

Thanks Fizou...and yes there is cussing of the 40's era flavor...a few SOBs, B*st*rds, Hell, and GD's thrown in. Just enough to add some realism and authentication.

Mord.

Mord! I just downloaded and previewed a few of the WAVs.

I am stunned at the quality of voice acting. Very convincing and believable. Thanks for making it available.

I highly recommend this mod to anyone (especially the vets of the CM series) looking to escape the rehashed CM US voices in CMBN.

What made me laugh was this line in the readme:

"no more "Did you see that?"!!!!!"..... :D LOL ahmen to that!

Muchas gracias!

I just read the Readme where it indicates that its your voice in the mod. Great work. What equipment did you use to record your voice? I can imagine you would have to "get in the right zone" to be able to pull off those situational voices, like watch a few episodes of BoB lol. You say that it would be better if there was a few other voice actors to mix it up and that would be cool. I can imagine it wouldn't be easy finding volunteers with voice acting skills like your own.

I listened to some of the files and they should really increase the dramatic/immersive effect. I can't wait to try them in game. You've done a great job but I may try and record some alternate voices to go along with this. Thanks for your hard work.

The best part about this mod for me is when I''m playing the US side I have a problem telling if its one of my guys that got hit or one of the Germans because the screams sound the same.