Ok. Next Module... When?

FOR i = 1 to 365 days

IF date_Module1_release > date_CMBN_release + i THEN "When it's ready"

IF date_Module1_release = date_CMBN_release + i - 1 THEN "Tomorrow"

IF date_Module1_release = date_CMBN_release + i THEN "Today"

IF date_Module1_release < date_CMBN_release + i THEN "When is the Bulge Module coming out?"

NEXT i

Judging from past module releases, it could be anything from 6+months up to a year+ after main game release.

It all depends on the availability of:

(1) return tickets to/from Hawaii and

(2) Pina Colada umbrellas. (with ~ on the n.)

Given the current state of the engine (pretty solid) a 2011 release of the next module should be guaranteed.

Best regards,

Thomm

I won't hold my breath...but that is promising. Would be really cool if things did pick up a little bit. I can wait, though...as long as it takes.

Mord.

Given the current state of the engine (pretty solid) a 2011 release of the next module should be guaranteed.

Best regards,

Thomm

Honestly a guaranteed 2011 release is extremely optimistic. Past history has a release every 12 months or so, given they have an additional programmer I would suggest a realistic release of maybe 9 months from CMBN release so Feb-Mar 2012 for the Commonwealth module.

I think Battlefront's approach for CM:SF was pretty solid. They spent a good while just patching and fixing the core game. After that point the releases seemed pretty regular.

Having said that, there isn't near as much to fix in CM:BN as there was in CM:SF. So perhaps we'll get some "feature" patches for the core game as the development on the next module happens to prep CM:BN prepares for CM:SB (Space Bunnies of course! Still waiting on it Steve...)

There's a ton of content in the game that belies the number of released scenarios and campaigns so that should hold ya over! :)

I believe Steve has already said that they'd like to release modules around every 6 months or so, but we all know how that can go. I think it was Moon who mentioned pretty confidently in a thread before CMBN was released that he felt we'd be at the Eastern Front in 2 1/2 to 3 years. It seems we'll get one or two modules and/or a new game each year, even if Moon's prediction turns out to be too optimistic.

• 2 weeks later...

6 months

9 months

1 year

Well, may be the correct question will be if those modules will include some mayor feature that justifies the extra development time.

Por example, TCP/IP WeGo, or four players in a battle.

If mayor features are included, the question is: Will it be backwards compatible with the main game release?.

If there aren't mayor features planed... 9 moths seems about right.

I know that it's imposible to give an exact date, but will be nice to know the development roadmap and the features that we should expect in the next modules.

A lot of software companies publish a development roadmap.

You should be looking out for patch(es) long before modules... and/or new titles. It might be more productive of your time to instead regularly visit Repository and grab new scenarios as they arrive, like plucking ripe fruit from the branch. You can either wait-and-wait for a new module or you can double the number of basegame scenarios one-by-one. Heck, you could even make a couple of your own and post to share!

FOR i = 1 to 365 days

IF date_Module1_release > date_CMBN_release + i THEN "When it's ready"

IF date_Module1_release = date_CMBN_release + i - 1 THEN "Tomorrow"

IF date_Module1_release = date_CMBN_release + i THEN "Today"

IF date_Module1_release < date_CMBN_release + i THEN "When is the Bulge Module coming out?"

NEXT i

Lol

Very good

I think Battlefront's approach for CM:SF was pretty solid. They spent a good while just patching and fixing the core game. After that point the releases seemed pretty regular.

Having said that, there isn't near as much to fix in CM:BN as there was in CM:SF. So perhaps we'll get some "feature" patches for the core game as the development on the next module happens to prep CM:BN prepares for CM:SB (Space Bunnies of course! Still waiting on it Steve...)

There's a ton of content in the game that belies the number of released scenarios and campaigns so that should hold ya over! :)

By CMSF standards CMBN doesn't HAVE any bugs, just upcoming feature enhancements and tweaking of unit stats. CMSF had BUGS. ;)

By CMSF standards CMBN doesn't HAVE any bugs, just upcoming feature enhancements and tweaking of unit stats. CMSF had BUGS. ;)

CMBN was a routine birth. CMSF was a preemie baby, the mother suffering from ruptured membranes and uncontrolled preterm bleeding requiring tertiary interventions.

But the baby eventually turned out OK. :)

You should be looking out for patch(es) long before modules... and/or new titles. It might be more productive of your time to instead regularly visit Repository and grab new scenarios as they arrive, like plucking ripe fruit from the branch. You can either wait-and-wait for a new module or you can double the number of basegame scenarios one-by-one. Heck, you could even make a couple of your own and post to share!

Well.. the probelm is that with the old CMBB we had so many units and countries, that we can do very different scenarios.

I love those Finish Vs Russian, or Rumanian vs Russian, battles.

The standard US and German units doesn't fill all my needs, and i want to see new units and countries as fast as i can, at least to get 50% of the diversity and rich options available in CMBB.

The only thing that can be even more nice that the addition of more countries an units, would be to include in a module, some cool features, like the Replay of the full battle.