Will Bagpipes make it into Cw module ?

I think bagpipes are worth of a patch of their own, if not included in CW. I'm no Scot, but I love them.

Ugh. They keep piping all of my relatives out at the cemetery ... uncle, grandpa, shudder. Eventually the uncle who plays will kick off and that'll end that tradition. I guess it's replaced having to hire professional mourners who wailed at Roman funerals ... sound's about the same, however.

Millin is best remembered for playing the pipes whilst under fire during the D-Day landing in Normandy. Pipers had traditionally been used in battle by Scottish and Irish soldiers however the use of bagpipes was restricted to rear areas by the time of the Second World War by the British Army. Lovat, however, ignored these orders and ordered Millin, aged 21, to play. When Private Millin demurred, citing the regulations, he recalled later, Lord Lovat replied: “Ah, but that’s the English War Office. You and I are both Scottish, and that doesn’t apply.” He played "Hielan' Laddie" and "The Road to the Isles" as his comrades fell around him on Sword Beach. Millin states that he later talked to captured German snipers who claimed they did not shoot him because they thought he was crazy.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bill_Millin

:D :D :D :D

And yes, I am Scottish as well. A Wallace, in fact! ;)

Will bleeding ears also be modelled then?

And will it be possible to equip german troops with cotton balls to counter the bagpipe warfare?

If they have cotton balls then the English can't use the 'funniest joke in the world' weapon, which was so devastating.

As a matter of fact, money is still being collected to build Bill Millin a statue :

http://www.ddaypiperbillmillin.com/

Paypal accepted guys, so open your wallet and contribute to the cause ;-)

I also read that stunning piece of news :

"We have recieved very few donations in April. Not enough to make the statue’s picto more red. Neitherless, one of them is remarkable. A young Piper from USA won a prize with his piping. He sent it to us. We expect such an attitude since the begining. That pipers, as individuals, in pipe-bands, bagadous or bandas de gaïtas propose some music to the public and send the recieved money to the Memorial Bill Millin."

A young piper from the USA... This world is full of suprises :-)

So come on, CM grognards fellows, let's start another flood of donations for Bill Millin !

Bagpipes? good god NO!

As a Northen Englishman who has often to listen to that noise pollution that some call 'stirring music' I must cast my vote in for the Nay! party.

Before you colonials step up to the plate to defend the cat stranglers, please note that I often have to put up with these 'objects' in the main street of my home town (often drowning out the sweet notes of the Northumbrian smallpipes), and to really add insult to injury, one of the batteries of the Territorial Army Arty Regt. I was a member for for 20 years was '204 bty - The Tyneside Scottish'.

And yes, they had a flaming pipe band.

So no thanks.