What games are you playing to pass the time?

A few nightly hours of fps'es Red Orchestra & the Red Orchestra mod Darkest Hour and some of the excellent op level Battles from the Bulge but mostly playing the game of relationships + setting up and optimizing my recently built Hackintosh in anticipation for for The Day of The Download :D

Messing around with IL2 CoD, abit of Dwarf Fortress and Aurora and finally some Battles from the Bulge.....

But I'm getting very, very bored.......unfortunately...and nothing out is worth buying as it will be no substitute

Oh and researching Tortoise as it will be my new pet at some stage....

And waiting for red orchestra 2....but I have a sneaky feeling it will be dumbed down to much for the CoD, MoH,BF crowd....sad

I was bored and started playing IL-2 1946 last week, since I recently upgraded my PC and can now run it maxed out. That was fun and then I saw MS Flight Simulator X at wal-mart for cheap and picked it up. It was much more fun than I imagined. Then I decided my 12 year old joystick (Logitech Wingman, which had seen me through dozens of various campaigns across all known gaming universes) couldn't cut it anymore, what with it's inability to turn left reliably. This all just got me worked up into a flight sim lather and...

I now have coming in the mail: Saitek x52 joystick+throttle, Falcon 4.0 Allied Force, DCS: A-10C, and the crown jewel: a Track IR 5

Thanks a lot Battlefront, due to your slowness in releasing CMBN I have dove right off the deep end into flight simulators and blown all my summer gaming funds in one fell swoop. Not that I'm complaining, soon I will be able to pilot an A-10C Warthog, or at least start the engine, maybe :D

I played Civ4 for about a year and a half before I got totally burned out on it. Then about a month ago picked up Battlestations Pacific and was instantly bored with it. Since then just reading, watching movies, and engaging in idle chit-chat with you lot of sorry buggers. My life is a constant round of exciting adventures.

:rolleyes:

Michael

Mostly I am studying for finals like a madman, but I have found that I can play a lot of Silent Hunter IV in time compression traveling to and from patrol areas while my nose is in a book.

I was hoping to play CM:SF in the run up to CM:BN - I still haven't had time to play more than the first few turns of LLF's Ramadi scenario - but clearly my professors have other ideas on how I should use my time.

Red Orchestra: Ostfront and its west front mod, Darkest Hour

CMSF: NATO

CMBB

IL-2 Sturmovik 1946

Left 4 Dead 2

Starcraft 2

Project Reality mod

Silent Hunter 3

Freespace 2

Battlezone

Thief 2: The Metal Age

Rainbow Six 3: Raven Shield

Mass Effect 2

Online version of axis and allies boardgame

Ya, I got plenty of games to keep me busy lol.

Only games I'm waiting on really are CMBN, Red Orchestra 2 and Mass Effect 3. And I'm waiting for IL2: CoD to get patched up to playability before I buy it (and get more planes!!). Also possibly Battlefield 3. Might be a fun unrealistic FPS. I really enjoyed BF2142 and still play it occasionally.

I was bored and started playing IL-2 1946 last week, since I recently upgraded my PC and can now run it maxed out. That was fun and then I saw MS Flight Simulator X at wal-mart for cheap and picked it up. It was much more fun than I imagined. Then I decided my 12 year old joystick (Logitech Wingman, which had seen me through dozens of various campaigns across all known gaming universes) couldn't cut it anymore, what with it's inability to turn left reliably. This all just got me worked up into a flight sim lather and...

I now have coming in the mail: Saitek x52 joystick+throttle, Falcon 4.0 Allied Force, DCS: A-10C, and the crown jewel: a Track IR 5

Thanks a lot Battlefront, due to your slowness in releasing CMBN I have dove right off the deep end into flight simulators and blown all my summer gaming funds in one fell swoop. Not that I'm complaining, soon I will be able to pilot an A-10C Warthog, or at least start the engine, maybe :D

How long before Track IR is replaced with a Kinnect hack? A year maybe? Now that'll be fun.