Is it really out ???

So, it's essentially still a preorder? Still no option to buy the Mac version? Can we safely assume that there are still plans to reserve X number of steel boxes and manuals for Mac users?

Yes and yes. Moon has specifically said that there have been steel box versions with manuals set aside for OSX players, when it becomes available for pre-order.

Once they get the DRM, e-commerce and digital distribution code all done and working on the OSX build, the OSX pre-order will see the light of day. Any day now (or so I keep getting told). :cool:

You can BUY it now . . . playing, on the other hand, will have to wait for the release date later this month.

Steve

whimper. :)

Yes and yes. Moon has specifically said that there have been steel box versions with manuals set aside for OSX players, when it becomes available for pre-order.

Once they get the DRM, e-commerce and digital distribution code all done and working on the OSX build, the OSX pre-order will see the light of day. Any day now (or so I keep getting told). :cool:

whimper. :)

That "Steve" is a lawyer and not the real "Steve". Mr. Spkr is a slight, minor functionary of the Peng thread. Think, older, retarded, pirate instead of cool, handsome computer programmer.

Ah, Mr. Spkr you have put on aires in your time in the Peng...nasty, smell like old socks aires, but nontheless. I remember when you were a SSN, thrashed you soundly I'm sure I did...even if i didn't CMBO was so long ago I can claim I did and Old Joe's website with all the information to the contrary is long gone.

You were my victim, then...now...and always.

What led you to believe that something has changed from the games pre-order status as of 03/10?

For a brief time it was displayed as "Buy Now" in the "New" section of the Battlefront home page where various games are displayed. I also thought that it may be available, checked my email, nothing, I then selected the buy now option and it took me to a new CMBN sales page where the only pulldown purchase option was preorder. The "Buy Now" ad has been pulled not too long after I first seen it. It may have been a test run of the new sales page, ad linkage.

Wont we see a Gone Gold announcement first?

That will be the ultimate tease!

Theoretically, in order to meet an 'end of 'April release target, it would have to be gold already, or the latest by tomorrow. Normally, it would be 4-6 weeks before release, but since this game will not be shipping to retail outlets they don't need as much lead up time and 2 weeks would be enough (assuming the boxes and manuals are already ready.)

Yeah the Title post had me freaking out.... cant pre-order till next Friday... Pay day... LOL anyways... I got all my Normandy maps out... watched D-day with John Wayne.. and a bunch of other Major stars... A Bridge too Far, and Battle of Britian.... This weekend I will probably watch Iron Cross, Battle of the Bulge, and the Sink the Bismarck... Or I may Marathon my die deutschen Panzer Colection.

Are we there yet!

That "Steve" is a lawyer and not the real "Steve". Mr. Spkr is a slight, minor functionary of the Peng thread. Think, older, retarded, pirate instead of cool, handsome computer programmer.

Crap, posted to fast in my excitement to notice. Mr. Spkr is now on my "must have an accident" list ... :cool:

Yeah the Title post had me freaking out.... cant pre-order till next Friday... Pay day... LOL anyways... I got all my Normandy maps out... watched D-day with John Wayne.. and a bunch of other Major stars... A Bridge too Far, and Battle of Britian.... This weekend I will probably watch Iron Cross, Battle of the Bulge, and the Sink the Bismarck... Or I may Marathon my die deutschen Panzer Colection.

Are we there yet!

I've pulled out my Blu-Ray version of Band of Brothers to keep me busy until the OSX version hits ... "in the next weeks". :rolleyes:

@Daveyjj Yeah I Marathoned Band of Brothers and Saving Private Ryan Last weekend... I have the "Pacific" as well, but its not the same as Band of Brothers. Awesome series adn really well done. I heard there was a German film that came out that was similar.. cant bloody think of the name though. Stalingrad was good for that Italian feel and imersian into the Russian Steppes and house to house fighting.. but was rather depressing.