What toy are you looking forward to play with?

Hi all,

as we all have to kill some time till the end of april comes around let's discus which AFV or weapon you are looking forward to play with in CM:BN the most.

For me it is the sdkfz.250-9. Why? Because I love the small stuff and my beloved Hetzer does not make an appearance yet. And as a gamey bastard I love cheap little armoured vehicles that can bolster an attack.

And that is why I picked the 250-9, it's small, mobile, and got a 20-mm to plink at infantry and light armour with. I can already imagine racing these boys around the map (and getting them killed by AT fast most likely :D).

Bundesarchiv_Bild_101I-711-0447-31%2C_Russland-S%C3%BCd%2C_Sch%C3%BCtzenpanzer_mit_2cm_Kanone.jpg

On the allied side I am looking forward to the M8 GMC. Got to play with some unskinned ones at the preview and they are just the furious little HE chuckers I hoped them to be :-P.

What toy are you looking forward to test out in CM:BN? And why?

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi all,

as we all have to kill some time till the end of april comes around let's discus which AFV or weapon you are looking forward to play with in CM:BN the most.

For me it is the sdkfz.250-9. Why? Because I love the small stuff and my beloved Hetzer does not make an appearance yet. And as a gamey bastard I love cheap little armoured vehicles that can bolster an attack.

And that is why I picked the 250-9, it's small, mobile, and got a 20-mm to plink at infantry and light armour with. I can already imagine racing these boys around the map (and getting them killed by AT fast most likely :D).

Bundesarchiv_Bild_101I-711-0447-31%2C_Russland-S%C3%BCd%2C_Sch%C3%BCtzenpanzer_mit_2cm_Kanone.jpg

On the allied side I am looking forward to the M8 GMC. Got to play with some unskinned ones at the preview and they are just the furious little HE chuckers I hoped them to be :-P.

What toy are you looking forward to test out in CM:BN? And why?

I'm in the process of designing a scenario that has several of these wee things running about, and M8GMCs :)

I'm in the process of designing a scenario that has several of these wee things running about, and M8GMCs :)

Jay! You just made a very happy man :D

What's it called so I can recognize it when I feverisly boot up CM:BN for the first time in that late april day?

Jay! You just made a very happy man :D

What's it called so I can recognize it when I feverisly boot up CM:BN for the first time in that late april day?

:) I don't think it'll make the game release - we'reall busy testing the existing game scenarios and campiagns, but'll be one of the first onto the repository as soon as the game goes live. It's name - at the moment, though may change - is "Huzzar!"

Oh yes, next module is going to be a blast. You gotta love the brits and all their nice light stuff.

I am looking forward to Humbers, brencarriers and maybe some hetzers for ze germans as well.

@Gryphonne, nice pic. Makes me think about Arnhem for some reason :)

The Cromwell - specifically the RM Centaur 95mm CS.

*sigh*

I know, I know, next module.

And if they're not in there I'm having a stroppy fit.

centaur2.jpg

This must be a Cromwell Type T.

T= Trigonometry. What's up with those degree markings.

Commander: "Excuse me gunner, but there happens to be Panther at 57.4 degrees."

Gunner: "Would that berring be true or relative, sir"

Personally I prefer the old "Panther at 2:00 o'clock" command.

Well...

The idea was for 80 Centaur CS tanks to be mounted on Landing Craft (sans engines) and provide close fire support for the D-Day landings. But Monty liked the idea so much he 'suggested' that engines were put back in so the tanks could be driven ashore as well. See, he could have good ideas you know!

The turret markings were there to aid fire control while they were sitting offshore in the Landing Craft by lining up the turret with the required bearing. I don't know exactly how this was achieved since I have no idea about how arty is directed. :-)

Anyway they did a damn fine job and after the support group was disbanded after the landings, the remaining Centaur CS tanks were passed over to various regiments and popped up occasionally thereafter. Nice story.

Hmmm. Let's see...

3 instead of 4 shock absorbers. No extra springs on the last two wheel stations. No additional air intake. No armoured rear cover. Different track tensioning system. And finally a completely different engine.

Nope. New model needed. :-)

(I fully admit to sitting here with an Osprey book on my lap, I'm not THAT sad.)

My favorite in the first module would be this guy

jpziv.jpg

Give me a narrow 500m bocage field :)

My alltime favorite german tank - the Jagdpanzer IV with the 75mm L/48 .

In Cmak its almost twice the price of your usual Hetzer, but its much more effective and better suited for longer fights with his larger ammunitionstorage. Also faster firing, then in the cramped Hetzer.