What are you doing to pass the time until CMBN is released ?

Recently I have been playing RUSE on PS3 as I don't have a PC as yet, still got my old trusty Mac. I only wish BFC were able to make an offering on console one day, of course it won't happen but who knows.

RUSE is a fun game but not to be taken as seriously as CM of course, and it also has a number of things I don't like but it's a welcome game indeed on PS3. I look forward to more games similar to it in future hopefully and perhaps with more options and features.

Playing

- MoW Assault Squad,

- Arma 2 I44 WW2 Mod Campaign (with the guys of www.forgottenhonour.com ...come by and have a look if you are into Arma 2 WW2)

- trying to enjoy Il-2 CoD

- ToW 2 Kursk

aaaand of course lurking the forums and contribute mostly non-productive stuff... ;)

(and watching the TV-Series "Life"...why did they cancel it? I think it's quite good! oh and of course best series ever "Big Bang Theory")

Comedy option: vodka, Minecraft

Serious:

work

grinding career mode in Tiger Woods 12 on the 360

Mass Effect 2, Dragon Age Origins, Neverwinter Nights (and about five other old titles) on the PC

planting gardens, fixing gutters (if it ever stops raining)

Season 6 of Weeds via Netflix

Vodka

Minecraft

Once CMBN arrives, all else ceases...needless to say. Hope I get those gutters fixed soon!

(oh and... visiting out-of-town family 28th-1st, so guys, please don't release CMBN then. Thanks!)

Working. Playing Valor & Victory and/or CrossFire (WW2 minis in 10mm). Coding a couple of games for the iPad. Some art. Playing with my kids. Playing with the Mrs. Reading a bunch of books including Mark Zeuhlke's brilliant and highly recommended WW2 history On To Victory. Getting the yard ready for spring. Refreshing the CM:BN forums every 15 minutes for the past 3-1/2 weeks watching for the OSX pre-orders to go live. Reminding myself how devastatingly handsome I remain at 48 years of age. The usual.

Look in the mirror see my reflection, a good day!

Break out my kindle, reading Death Traps, If you survive, and The art of War.... will finish all by Sunday. Sunday will look and page turn Through Handbook German Military Forces. Monday start on If you Survive, Foot Soldier A combat Infantryman's War in Europe,Crack and Thump... and repeat next week with some reference material and waiting for game to break. Will fit in Easter Vigil, Wife's Birthday, got to work in those 4 hours for some Balance in life (after all my wife pre-ordered the game for me).

May I ask you how Rise of Flight is? It's been on my radar for quite some time, but I am fearful of making the plunge.

I'm a relative newbie to RoF, but i'm very impressed with it. I'm more familiar with with jets, Falcon, Lockon etc., but if your used to any WW2 flight sims, flying WWI planes shouldn't be a problem. The terrain and aircraft models and very nicely done as are the graphics in general. The flight models are based on known data and the planes are nice to fly.

I got the Iron Cross edition with a few extra aircraft thrown in, but new aircraft are being released for it that you can purchase seprately. Also, a new campaign system is being developed that will add alot to the game.

Been watching back to back episodes of the following series..

Gods of The Arena

Sparatcus Blood n Sand

Fringe

Forbrydelsen 1 & 2 (The Killing)

Engrages 1,2 & 3 (Spiral)

The Tudors 1-4

add in a few rounds of Napoloeon Total War Khartum/Zulu mod

reading the forum

constantly going back and looking at the media files

reading books on the subject

--> just finished After D Day by Carafano

--> now reading No Better place to die, yes I really hope we see a campaign developed for the La Fiere bridge

--> Eyeing my copy of Dying for St Lo as my next read

--> wondering how many books I have left to kill time...

Playing the St. Lo custom scenario for Battles from the Bulge, as US 1st Army. A real, and absorbing challenge. Plus, understanding the bigger picture of the bocage battle can't hurt when CMBN arrives.

OMG!!!!:D:D:D

I created that scenario! Imagine how am ecstatic I am, coming to a forum for a different simulation game, and reading about my creation as a way to pass time for CMBN!!

Let me know how its going.

Thank you for making St Lo, Crushingleek! It's just what I always wanted, and the thing that finally pushed me to buy that game.

(So as not to annoy Battlefront or the other folks on this thread, I'll PM you or post something on the Matrix BFTB Mod thread.)

As someone who's made custom maps for other games I've played (TOW2, Empire Total War), I know exactly what you mean about actually getting feedback from other players who have discovered and appreciated your creation. It takes many hours to make these things, and too often it feels like once you post it on a repository, you've dropped it into a void. I wish more people would post reviews or respond to user-created content more actively -- it's the only payoff we ever get! (other than getting to play them ourselves, of course).

I'll spend my time fretting that the game will be released between April 16-30 while I am in Barbados for vacation. Of course it will and then I'll spend 4 days downloading it over a wireless connection at some pathetically slow rate. Only to have the finished game run at a crawl on my anemic laptop with all the visual settings set to crap.

Hmm, guess I'll resort to the ole grog ploy and fabricate a family emergency which requires my immediate return home. Yeah thats the ticket. Maybe get my brother to stage a nervous breakdown with suicidal impulses. No wait, he'll prolly be too busy gloating over my predicament while playing CM:BN on his hot quad core dual video card gaming system....sigh