The Greatest Community on Earth!!!

I have been using the net for well over a decade now, and have been through the rise and fall of a great many sites. But in all that time, I have never seen such generosity between individuals.

Yesterday I was whining (as usual) in the pre-order thread about being $23 short for the uber cool metal case and being a general pain in the rear. I was surprised when a fellow forum member (who will remain unknown) offered to send the money to my paypal since he felt generous this day. That is amazing, I am still in a bit of shock.

I have twin girls, Faith Hope and Kyleigh Meadow, who were born on August 23rd of last year. Since then, things have been tight financially to say the least. Coming up with $50 for a new game is almost enough to cause a fight in this house, but $73 would be a meltdown of sorts. Plates would fly, drinks would too, a general mess. Due to this mans kindness, I will be able to enjoy printed CM manual goodness while bouncing Faith on one knee and using the force to play CM :D I really don't know what to say, besides a thousand times THANK YOU!!! You folks are great, and this community is closer knit then many I have seen in the world. I would also like to thank Steve, Moon, and the rest of the Battlefront folks for making all this possible.

I am hard pressed to find similar examples of kindness to strangers outside of children's bed time stories in the world as we know it today. Things like this give me hope that all is not lost, and humans being human still exists, and there is fact hope for us all.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've witnessed THIS EXACT THING on two other occasions in the last two years here. One of which was my friend Meach offering to buy me a copy of the British Forces module for CMSF. I declined, but Meach earned a friend that day. I knew he was a nice guy to begin with, but that act meant more than $25 to me, not to mention he's got plenty of things he and Mishga could be spending the money on other than me. Since then, he has been as kind as anyone, listening to my ranting after my Father's passing. Many/most of the regulars here on this forum are indeed good people. You won't find another forum like this! :)

Sakai, glad you are getting the game. Your plight sounds like mine (maybe our wives are related . . . . )

Hoping there will still be some preorders left at the end of the month when I'll hopefully have saved enough lunch and gas money to get the game . . .

Steve

Sakai, glad you are getting the game. Your plight sounds like mine (maybe our wives are related . . . . )

Hoping there will still be some preorders left at the end of the month when I'll hopefully have saved enough lunch and gas money to get the game . . .

Steve

All you have to do is chase a few more ambulances.

Heartwarming indeed :D And not all that out of the ordinary for this group here! Despite the occasional cranks and trouble makers, you guys are a great bunch. If you weren't, we'd hire some 3rd world people with 1/2 the language skills of a US 6th grader (which is scary on its own!) to answer your questions. But you're not, so you're stuck with me ;)

Steve

Heartwarming indeed :D And not all that out of the ordinary for this group here! Despite the occasional cranks and trouble makers, you guys are a great bunch. If you weren't, we'd hire some 3rd world people with 1/2 the language skills of a US 6th grader (which is scary on its own!) to answer your questions. But you're not, so you're stuck with me ;)

Steve

Because it's so easy to tell the difference...

Not meaning to hijack the thread but I would like to share my own introduction to CMBO and the world of Battlefront. Many many years ago when Panzer Elite was out I was part of a multiplayer squad US 4th Armored as well as being part of a modding team who worked on Brit44 pack and was gifted via a fellow net modder of Panzer Elite who bought 6 copies and gave 5 of them to fellow members of PEDG. It got me hooked and was a superb gesture of giving. The net has certainly made the world a much smaller world indeed.

so_sad.gif

Oh fer crissake, Steve! You're an effing attorney already! You probably have a cool quarter mill stashed somewhere on your 100 foot yacht. Talk about lunch money, you probably spend more on drinks every day than the cost of a gold plated box of CM. And as for gas money, you forgot to mention that is a fill up for your Lear Jet.

Sheesh!

Michael

Yep, leave it to Emrys to ruin the feel good thread of the year. You should be ashamed of yourself and your conduct in this thread. Now apologize to him, do it, we're all waiting with great anticipation. :D

Ok seriously, been coming here for a decade now. From my experience with other various sites/forums, this ranks easily right at the top. :)

This thread makes me feel so warm, I can almost hug Emrys!

Almost...

Ok fine, not even close. But I had you for a second, didn't I!

STILL, I'd like to pitch in my 2 cents about the forum... I've been a-lurking since my pre-teens (CMBO-era) so unlike many of you, I actually have a childhood-nostalgia thing going on with Battlefront, but unfortunately I can't spare $70 for awesome collectors CMBN. That said, simply being able to read and interact on the forum, to me, is priceless.

NOTE: this is not an invitation to give me your money, I'm a spoiled suburban kid as it is :)