CMBN demo won't start, help

The demo is pretty amazing for a boardgame, isn't it? So now you guys are seeing just how detailed the game can be. Sharks operate mostly on their sense of smell. The key to taking them out is to drop shark chaff (chum) and then hit their flanks with the on-map-harpoon-mortars. Once you take them out, you're clear to assault the farmhouse.

Can someone explain why my dolphins have the dreaded CM1 'cower' reaction to those sharks? Sure they have 1,200rpm machine guns versus the crappy 450 RPM BARS, toted by my elite delphinidean troops but the dolphins also have higher brain functions, sonar targetting and hunting pack III skills. Zebulon I found a different path to the lobster problem, charm on the druid (my Greyhounds sighting was spot on, god bless the elf recce crew) and get him to cast boil water, then the cleric conjures dill sauce IV and your troops tuck in. You will find that a belly full of monster lobster, give or take a few mutations, is just the ticket to improve stamina allowing the unfeasible feats trait for half your assault units. It so much fun to watch your troops repeatedly being shot by the SFMG's and see the hit details come up

Hit: partial penetration of breast pocket bible

Hit: Deflected by conveniently placed cigarette case, no effect

Hit: Lucky charm caused ricochet

Hit: Partial penetration, family heirloom, grandfather's Great War pipe stem

Ali-Baba, I suspect a bit of Nazi uber-sharkness has crept in, me thinks the designers were once again seduced by a fancy mottled camo scheme and multiple razored teeth, sigh! Other means, that cut scene is not safe for work! Battlefront should put out a warning, I'll go to bed now and have an image of bouncing and heaving, though I did find the creaking brassiere sound file a bit flat and why is the Colonel speaking in reverse iambic pentameter? I have a feeling I've missed yet another rumour at the Black Boar inn (I always rush the scenario briefings).

Jeez guys read the manual. :rolleyes: First you need to put the flux capacitor into 2nd gear, then let back on the throttle a bit. After the rattling stops you can add the egg (a single block of spam will work as a substitute) to power the demo. Now open the manual to page 163 and hold it in front of you, approximately three feet from the screen, and utter these precise words:

Junt Servimtus Telveborus

I cannot stress enough how important it is that you say these words precisely if you value the integrity of your sanity and sock drawer.

Though I didn't say anything at the time, printing the manual in Latin probably wasn't a good move. The idea was to save on translation costs by using a 'universal' language.

Latin? I must have the first version then because mine's in Klingon. No wonder I'm having trouble, Latin would've been much easier. I find myself now "A fronte praecipitium a tergo lupi."

Lt Belenko, I take it we are still talking about the infamous cut-scene? Looked like late war zepplins to me not saggy barrage ballons, but perhaps my crappy video card does not have the resolution.

MikeyD, but Panthera Tigris latus sounds so much cooler though I agree polybolum sounds silly.

Typical teutonic deference to reality! What I need is a CM:OC (Combat mission:Operation Citadel) module, but will make do with the planned ones, until that great day. Anyway, Bodkin help me out, how did you got your link to the orbiting ship, I still am getting a "not available" message in the command screen.

FFS RTFM!!!! It's on page 184 under 'uncommonly asked questions', you need to get your FO into the command Greyhound, it's the one with the dish array instead of a turret. If that dosen't work go to the barn on top of the eastern hill, when the milkmaid say's "ave you seen my cows"? reply "Tropical fish are hard to keep". She'll take you up to the hay loft and rig up a comlink using milk pales and fencing wire.

That was a coms dish, damn, my graphics card made it look like the mobile paella unit and I wasted it on a failed counter recon mission around the gothic castle, (bloody vampire was a pest until we found the box of blessed oaken 50 cal ball ammo) he kept on shouting, "Straaahd will return" in some ghastly mock Transylvanian accent.

Memo to Battlefront, if the Germans talk German why do all the hirelings and monsters talk in cod yokeleese, or sound like cheap imitations of the Scooby Doo, Behind the Iron Curtain episodes ("yif it whoz nyot for u pezky kapitalists I wud haf gyhot awey weeth ehyt")? As for the Lich, why make him so camp!! " Oh is that an 75 or an 88mm? If you get what I mean! Fantastic graphics and then spoiled by an endless stream of tawdry double-entendres John Inman would have been ashamed to have uttered in "Are you being Servoed" (the bio-mechanical spin-off stopped due to "crass and offensive language").

Hmm, thinking about it that barn was hit by my TOT barrage of proximity fused 155's at the start (I used the time travel device to add the weapons not deployed/developed yet to the TOE). I could only leap ahead months because the dropship and orbital platform cost so much and my mage went insane, chased into the wishing well by a pair of animated rugby socks (thanks Normal Dude, you could have been more specific with your warning, you failed to mention the virtual sock draw of insane foorwear appearing, doh!!) So, after all this rambling I'm still metaphorically facing the Alien queen with zero rounds and one Chicom rip- off grenade, any help guys I need to see the fey Panthers the reviews raved about!

We did research. That's what the residents of Normandy really sound like.

Wait, there will be civilians in the release built?

On a side note, there is still no official word on the Uber Allied Goldfish. Here is what ate my crack Pzgrenadier platoon in the demo mission "By The River".

Raphael-Biagini-with-Giant-Goldfish2-439x300.jpg

This thing is obviously out of scale and seems immune to rifle rounds and hand grenades. I find this a tad disturbing..

Hope that melon was'nt one of the rot grub infested ones that helped kill my 60mm mortar crews! Euch! Those screams of the pixeltruppen being eaten alive were as hard on the stomach as seeing the decor in the Lich's lair! "Ooh, you all have your weapons cocked, goody goody the fuhn can begin" Again Battlefront, why the Yorkshire accent for the campest unit? The British module is not even released and UK dialects abound! What is in store for the next module, Geordie spotting reports? Hadaway n' ****e man that's not ah Tigah! Cockney squad commands? " Fahkin hell mate! Jerries, fasunds uv em, I'm orf! How long before Command Decision: regional accents mod, with sound files lifted from The Likely lads/Aufweidersehn Pet, Minder and Monty Python, especially good for Household Cavalry and Guards units!