CMBO CM:BN Equipment comparrison chart

US forces going up against KTs within CM:BN's timeframe? I think that's a new one for me. But I wouldn't be at all surprised. As the remains of the forces in Normandy streamed over the Seine all kinds of things happened thanks to the chaos. IIRC most of the surviving Tigers and King Tigers had to be abandoned in the retreat because they didn't happen to wind up finding a bridge that could hold their weight.

Steve

11 Kts from schw. PanzerAbteilung 503 were engaged in Mantes area from august 21st to the end of the month.

I have an interesting book of a local historian(Bruno Renoult - La tête de pont de Mantes) with several accounts of fighting between KTs, Luftwaffe land units and US units (813 th TD and 313/314 inf regt from the 79th inf Div).

These german units were not disorganised retreating units. They have the mission to brake the US bridgehead over the Seine river... After heavy loss during "Goodwood", pzAbt 503 was reformed at Mailly-le-camp with 14 Kts before reaching Mantes area.

Sorry for my rotten english:)

"Hello, my name is Mord and I am a PSW 234/3 addict."

:D

Michael

LOL yeah, that's about right...especially seeing it only showed up in CMBO...so I am worried!

I love all the weird looking stuff (mostly non tanks)...like the KV2, SiG IB, the Panzer Jager I, Greyhound, White Scout Car, M20, M8HMC, Priest, Archer, Nashorn, PSW 231 etc...The Puma in CM:BN is just a real beauty...probably my favorite pic that they've shown!

It's gonna be really sweet seeing CMX2 vehicles and AT Guns with full crews...I can't wait to wail a Marder and watch the guys scrambling out.

Mord.

We would like to get more Armored Car variants into the game eventually, but no additional ones planed for the initial CM:BN release.

Xavierisback, thanks for the info! Makes sense to me. Although the 503 wasn't in retreat itself, it seems to be consistent with what I was talking about. This was a period of great desperation for the Germans. Rushing the 503rd back to the front, when it was at about 25% establishes strength, is an indication of that.

Steve

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

And just for fun here's a comparison on vehicle numbers between the CMBN and CMSF base games.

US CMSF

4 tank variants

14 APC/AFV types

2 light vehicles.

Total 20

US CMBN

26 Tank/Tank Destoyer variants

12 APC/AFV types

3 light vehicles/trucks

Total 41

Syrians CMAK

13 tank types

6 APC/AFV types

6 light vehicles including technicals and taxi

Total 25

Germans CMBN

27 Tank/Tank destroyer/Assualy gun variants

13 APC/AFV types

2 light vehicles/trucks

Total 42

That's almost twice as many in CMBN. Makes me wonder if it will be more than $45.

Hi all, I'm very new to the CM world (trying the CM:SF demo 1.30 at the moment) and I did not find something similar to a penetration table for cannon/guns etc...

What will be available for the player "in game" ?

Let's say I have a PzK IV ver H with the typical 75mm L40 as main gun and LOS to the front of a Sherman M4

comparing the penetration of the 75 mm KwK 40 L/48 and the armour thickness of the M4 front turret, I know that a hit will penetrate at a maximum range of 1350-1500 meters

(info taken from www.wwiivehicles.com)

Will we have similar in game infos ???

I really don't agree with the CM:SF info panels for tanks and guns as it's really "gamey"

Actually, we have more soldier models, animations, and texture variations in CM:BN than CM:SF by a large margin. Off the top of my head:

CM:SF American (Soldier + AFV Crew)

CM:SF Syrian (Soldier + AFV Crew + Special Forces, with camo and OD variations)

CM:SF Uncon (Hmmm... I think there are 4 or 5 unique models)

CM:BN American (Soldier + AFV Crew + Airborne and some texture variations)

CM:BN German (2 Soldiers + Black AFV Crew, Grey AFV Crew, Grey AFV Infantry, and officer versions of each and some texture variations)

Now, this might look more even, but with CM:BN we have highly varied equipment loadouts which are specific to the soldier's duties and weapon being carried. And let me tell you, that was a LOT of work to get coded, modeled, textured, and working correctly.

Steve