CMBO CM:BN Equipment comparrison chart

I'm sure FJ are the only ones with the recoilless in our timeframe. GJ aren't relevant. And since we don't have FJ in the initial release of CM:BN, then we shouldn't have their weapons sitting around in fields unmanned :D

I am sure WH Panzer units facing the Germans had some Wespe and Hummel available. These were supposed to be standard equipment. Whether they actually had what they were supposed to I don't know, but I'd be surprised if they didn't. These vehicles had a fairly low mortality rate because they weren't often put into direct ground combat very often. Which is why they were a low priority to add to the game, as fun as they might be.

Steve

NOTE: Because I think I was too vague in my first post...I also made these lists so that we could get an idea of what might be left to add into other modules after the first release. As was pointed out, some of the "missing" vehicles weren't seen until Sept or only in the Brit's/Canadian's areas of conflict.

A little refresher to get you day dreaming while we wait.

Commonwealth Module; will of course have Brits...Canadians? + more German Equipment.

Market Garden; Extra Brit Vehicles/Paratroopers? American Vehicles? Polish Airborne? + more German Equipment.

Mish Mash Module; Rare stuff, kitchen sink...American Vehicles? Brit Vehicles? French and Vehicles? + German Vehicles.

Mord.

Ah well, as a 'trackhead' I just wont 'moar, MOAR!' in the inital CM:BO release, like a little kid I want a million toys instead!

But then again, what they are putting in is looking so fantastically good and detailled (Priest anyone?), and the most important stuff for the time-frame is in.

We'll live. :)

Btw, I am waiting for a Stug pic. I wonder how my favourite toy is going to look in CM:BO. Particullary whether it is going to look like a shrubbery on tracks or not :D

Stug+III+Normandy

Pz III/N - it was usually found as a support company within the various Tiger Battalions. The stubby 75 was useful to lob HE at targets in support of the Tigers. Obviously there's a LOT more information of a groggy nature about the III/N and its role in the TO&E.

Ken

Pretty sure the Brits faced Jagdpanthers and I would very disappointed to find this very lovely TD missing from the Brit module.

I could almost swear that I've seen at least one photo of GIs walking past a dead Jagdpanther in bocage country plus other photos of Jagdpanthers in bocage country. But I won't try to build an argument on that basis. One photo of a lone Jagdpanther does not an argument make in this case, and the Brits also spent some time fighting in bocage country too.

Be interested to hear if there is any solid evidence of Amis going up against Jagdpanthers though.

Michael

I am sure WH Panzer units facing the Germans had some Wespe and Hummel available. These were supposed to be standard equipment. Whether they actually had what they were supposed to I don't know, but I'd be surprised if they didn't. These vehicles had a fairly low mortality rate because they weren't often put into direct ground combat very often. Which is why they were a low priority to add to the game, as fun as they might be.

You would still have 105 mm and 150 mm artillery modules available to account for them as well as their towed cousins though, right?

Michael

Btw, I am waiting for a Stug pic. I wonder how my favourite toy is going to look in CM:BO. Particullary whether it is going to look like a shrubbery on tracks or not :D

Well no different to how it currently looks in CMBO. :)

But if you mean "I wonder how my favourite toy is going to look in CM:BN?" that's a totally different question. :D

Hi, I'm lurkering this forum for a lonnnnnnnnnnnnnnng time. This new opus of CM seems very interesting.

I don't know if it is in the scope of the game but during the Seine river crossing (Aug 1944) there was some battle between US td and King tigers in the Vexin area. I can post more informative sources if it helps.

:)

Correct, no PzIII in CMBO.

IIRC the total number of PzIIIs in Normandy for ALL Panzer Divisions was less than a dozen. Which units still had them I don't know off the top of my head. Regardless, they would be rarer than French R-35 tanks!

Steve

Sgt Joch posted this in an old thread:

"It might be of interest to post this again, pulled it out of Panzertruppen, vol.2:

Quote:

division---------------PzIII----PzIV----PzV----Stugs---------

2nd Panzer-----------------------96------79-----------------

9th Panzer-----------------------78------40-------5----------

11th Panzer-------------26-------89---------------8----------

21st Panzer---------------------112--------------------------

116th Panzer------------13-------86---------------6----------

Panzer Lehr-----------------------98------88-----------------

1st SS Panzer--------------------45-------54-----45--------

2nd SS Panzer--------------------54------78------42--------

12th SS Panzer-------------------98------66----------------

17th SS Panzer-Grenadier--------------------------42------

List of tanks available to Panzer divisions in the West, june 10, 1944. Does not include independent units, like Tiger battalions. It also does not necessarily matchup to their TO&E when they went into combat, since some were still rebuilding."

Yeah, those numbers are "in theater" which doesn't include stuff in shops, rear units in training, etc. And IIRC there was some dispute about 11th Panzer having so many PzIIIs in actual combat units. But I haven't done any research on that for a long time.

US forces going up against KTs within CM:BN's timeframe? I think that's a new one for me. But I wouldn't be at all surprised. As the remains of the forces in Normandy streamed over the Seine all kinds of things happened thanks to the chaos. IIRC most of the surviving Tigers and King Tigers had to be abandoned in the retreat because they didn't happen to wind up finding a bridge that could hold their weight.

Steve

So while you are around Steve, what is the dealio with the PSW 234/3? Did it not see action against American forces? Or was there just no room for it? And is there a chance I will get my grubby hands on it at some point down the line...in Normandy?

Mord.

I could almost swear that I've seen at least one photo of GIs walking past a dead Jagdpanther in bocage country plus other photos of Jagdpanthers in bocage country.

Quite plausible. The s.Pzjag.-Abtl. 654 faced off against the British during Op BLUECOAT, which was right on the boundary between the British and the US armies. Given that the British subsequently hooked off to the left, it wouldn't surprise me at all to find that US units later moved through the BLUECOAT area.

Be interested to hear if there is any solid evidence of Amis going up against Jagdpanthers though.

Yes. Me too.

FWIW, Zetterling gives a total of 30 Pz III (all variants) in seven units in Normandy, incl a reasonable number that would only ever have faced the British.

US forces going up against KTs within CM:BN's timeframe? I think that's a new one for me. But I wouldn't be at all surprised. As the remains of the forces in Normandy streamed over the Seine all kinds of things happened thanks to the chaos. IIRC most of the surviving Tigers and King Tigers had to be abandoned in the retreat because they didn't happen to wind up finding a bridge that could hold their weight.

Steve

I tried to find a citation for this. So far, all I have come up with is a picture of a King Tiger with a hole in its front turrent with an unreferenced note saying:

"It seems this tank was killed by an American 76 mm armed M10 from the 813 TD Bn on 28 August 1944 in front of Sailly near Mantes on the Seine just west of Paris."

This would just sneak into the CMBN timeframe at least until the Market Garden module.

So while you are around Steve, what is the dealio with the PSW 234/3? Did it not see action against American forces? Or was there just no room for it? And is there a chance I will get my grubby hands on it at some point down the line...in Normandy?

help me...please help me....

Mord.