Wehrmacht uniforms @1944

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, we don't even want to start down the road of adjusting spotting/targeting based on uniforms. Camouflage in motion, BTW, is much worse than solid color uniforms in motion. The opposite is not necessarily true when the soldier is stationary. Completely depends on terrain, lighting conditions, and what the soldier is doing (posture, how still he's keeping), etc.

Steve

Question is if got the time for it - from what I have seen he's a professional graphics artist. And if you're doing that for a living it's rather unlikely you have either the time or the inclination to do even more graphics stuff in your free time. But I'm sure there'll be many others to step in...

• 3 months later...
Ryujin,

heh... I stand corrected! Sometimes my brain remembers things that were true in 2007 but not true after. The funny thing is if I remember correctly I was the one that pushed hard to have this behavior added for the Syrian UNCONs so they didn't look all the same. And yes, this was used extensively in CM:A as well. Duh!

Well, then it is just a matter of making a new model and texture set, then having Charles make some code to swap things around reasonably. We have ruled this out for CM:BN's initial release already because we don't have a model and adding one is quite a bit of work. But we will be putting it in eventually since the Waffen SS guys require the same type of smock.

Steve

Apologies for resurrecting an old thread, but with the initial release out of the way and the work on the Commonwealth probably well underway...is this still on? Will we get the camouflage uniforms for the Wehrmacht guys when the SS is added?

Thanks in advance for the information.

Zwolo

We have put far more effort into the Germans in CM:BN than the Americans...

Steve

I noticed this right away. To my eye, the Germans have been given quite a lot of TLC, with lots of noticeable variation. While all the inf models look very good, the Amis do have noticeably less variation in comparison.

So, my vote for first work on mod enhancements would be to add variation to the Amis.

(And Gawd aren't the vehicle models exquisite! -Best in any game I've ever seen.)

Macisle