1.11 Feedback!

I am speechless!

This patch was a complete surprise because it resolves some issues I thought BFC was not interested to address (i.e. the blue bar and crappy graphics on some NVIDIA cards).

And this plus a host of fixes that improve playing experience a lot...

Thanks for the Christmas present!

If before 1.11 I was not sure I would have got future CMx2 modules and titles, now I am resolved to buy future releases (with the possible exception of CM:SLOD)... so hurry up with that British module! :D

Regards,

Amedeo

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow. Dudes actually panic now!

Looking good so far. If I could ever get the display driver crash thing resolved I might

be able to play a full game without it "white screening" on me when I least expect it. :(

Huh...that's weird. I must have done something wrong. The Marines are missing from my install now.

Well...I guess I can download it again and reinstall and it'll be ok?

When units are "buggering out", the crawl away from the target, which is good I guess, but at the end of the turn they do not change their facing. So they have their backed turned to where the danger is most likely to come from!

Yep, I experienced this right off. I had a squad of guys panic and take cover near a wall with their backs to the danger. Well, they really didn't take cover, just kneeled there.

Troops who are panicked will skedaddle and end up facing the direction in which they moved. And then they might do some more skedaddlin'. :) These guys are scared and thinking most about running away.

Troops who are not panicked, but make an evasive move, will turn to retain their original facing after the evasive move. These guys are still under control and prepared to fight.

I did some blue bar testing: Allah's Fist against the AI. Turn calculations took always less than 10 seconds, so time savings were huge. WEGO became *a lot* better with this one improvement. And the "End of turn..." dialog after watching the movie for the first time was also removed. Improvement almost as good as the blue bar :)

Hi all,

Like everyone here, I am very happy with the 1.11 patch - new features and bug-fixes make for a very solid game which is now even more fun to play. Congratulations to all involved :)

However, one thing that did catch my attention was that the AT3b sagger (?) - minimum range of 500 metres - fired and took out my Bradley AFV from under a 100 metres in a MOUT set-up.

I checked the Red fighter team at the end of the game and it was definitely a sagger team ...but...as I replayed the hit (over and over) in detail, it *looked* like an RPG-29 rocket. It came from the house where the sagger team was in, and they were the only ones in there. I am a little confused.

Unfortunately, this was the last turn and I have no save game file.

Any ideas guys?

Cheers

David

Fat Dave,

Sagger teams are also armed with RPG-18s, which are the equivalent of the M72 LAW. These things are issued to the team for exactly the type of situation you described... to cover dead zones. The practical deadzone for an AT-3 team is about 200-500m range since the RPG-18 can't reach out further than about 200m. Without RPG-18s the deadzone is, obviously, 500m.

Steve

Hi all,

Like everyone here, I am very happy with the 1.11 patch - new features and bug-fixes make for a very solid game which is now even more fun to play. Congratulations to all involved :)

However, one thing that did catch my attention was that the AT3b sagger (?) - minimum range of 500 metres - fired and took out my Bradley AFV from under a 100 metres in a MOUT set-up.

I checked the Red fighter team at the end of the game and it was definitely a sagger team ...but...as I replayed the hit (over and over) in detail, it *looked* like an RPG-29 rocket. It came from the house where the sagger team was in, and they were the only ones in there. I am a little confused.

Unfortunately, this was the last turn and I have no save game file.

Any ideas guys?

Cheers

David

I'll see if I can duplicate with my trusty Red ATGM tester...