1.11 eta

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Brit work is ongoing. With v1.11 out the door we should be able to finish up adding models, units, sound effects, etc. fairly quickly. But that's only gets us to about 2/3rds done point. We had hoped to squeak it out before Christmas, even though we knew that was a bit optimistic. We're now hoping late January, but we'll have to see how much work we can get done in December. For some reason people expect to have time off from work, especially those blasted and ungrateful volunteers :D

Steve

Would you rather have it now or would you rather have it right?

Id like to start the Marines campaign again. Cant do that without 1.11. Id like to take on some new opponents in PBEM as well and I cant do that until 1.11, so yeso Id like it now please. Lets face it, its NEVER going to be right. And I dont mean that in a bad way, I mean it in a matter of fact PC gaming software way as there will always be something wrong with it.

Cheers

Id like to start the Marines campaign again. Cant do that without 1.11. Id like to take on some new opponents in PBEM as well and I cant do that until 1.11, so yeso Id like it now please. Lets face it, its NEVER going to be right. And I dont mean that in a bad way, I mean it in a matter of fact PC gaming software way as there will always be something wrong with it.

Cheers

When you get it, I think you'll think it's worth the wait.

The sad part is that I am more excited over waiting for this patch than whatever I will be getting for Christmas.

Well ND, to pass some time in the wait I thought I'd share this little story which was jogged from the dim annals of memory by your post;

Some years ago a Vancouver radio station phoned up some of the countries' foreign ambassadors to ask what they hoped for for Christmas.Later, on air, they shared some of the responses with their listeners; "the Russian ambassador hoped for an end to world conflict, the Chinese ambassador hoped for improved relations with the West and the British ambassador, he asked for a small box of crystallized fruits." :)

the Russian ambassador hoped for an end to world conflict, the Chinese ambassador hoped for improved relations with the West and the British ambassador, he asked for a small box of crystallized fruits."

Ha! Scoff if you will but HE probably got what he wanted.

Seriously guys, I am more than happy to wait for the patch as I find the game very playable as it stands. Yes, even with the less than optimal vehicle pathfinding routines. If a delay means that we get some cool new feature then by all means, hang on to it until you make it as good as you can. What I hate is having no information about what the patch is going to fix/change. I really don't understand why this has to be such a BIG secret here. Fine, I can understand why BFC don't want to say WHEN something will be available, but what's in it? Knowing what's coming makes the anticipation even sweeter. But NO info until after some patch arrives? That really sucks.

"Well guys, it's tricky but we've decided to put feature X in."

10 "Yay! Great idea BFC."

20 "What are you freeking kidding me? That sucks!"

30 "What are you freeking kidding me? That's awesome!"

40 "I thought you said we'd never get X! Are you just yanking us around?"

50 "This shows how out of touch you are with your customer base."

60 "Well if you've got X you need to to have Y. Otherwise what's the point?"

70 GOTO 10 for 50 pages.

"Hey you know what guys - sorry, X didn't really work in the context of the game so we've yanked it."

80 "Yay! Great idea BFC."

90 "What are you freeking kidding me? That sucks!"

100 "What are you freeking kidding me? That's awesome!"

110 "I thought you said we were getting X! Are you just yanking us around?"

120 "This shows how out of touch you are with your customer base."

130 "Well if you haven't got X you need to to have Y. Otherwise what's the point?"

140 GOTO 80 for 5000 pages.