"Well guys, it's tricky but we've decided to put feature X in."

10 "Yay! Great idea BFC."

20 "What are you freeking kidding me? That sucks!"

30 "What are you freeking kidding me? That's awesome!"

40 "I thought you said we'd never get X! Are you just yanking us around?"

50 "This shows how out of touch you are with your customer base."

60 "Well if you've got X you need to to have Y. Otherwise what's the point?"

70 GOTO 10 for 50 pages.

"Hey you know what guys - sorry, X didn't really work in the context of the game so we've yanked it."

80 "Yay! Great idea BFC."

90 "What are you freeking kidding me? That sucks!"

100 "What are you freeking kidding me? That's awesome!"

110 "I thought you said we were getting X! Are you just yanking us around?"

120 "This shows how out of touch you are with your customer base."

130 "Well if you haven't got X you need to to have Y. Otherwise what's the point?"

140 GOTO 80 for 5000 pages.

In essence then by not telling us whats in the patch all that happens is that the above gets delayed until the patch arrives. So whats the difference, now or later doesnt matter really.

In essence then by not telling us whats in the patch all that happens is that the above gets delayed until the patch arrives. So whats the difference, now or later doesnt matter really.

No because the patch - believe it or not - is tested before it's released so stage two shouldn't (not won't, or will never) happen.

TBH arguing this isn't my job - I'm an insignificant volunteer who's just trying to add something to the community. I'm just trying to explain what I understand of BFCs thinking.

I tried to do it lighthearted. Maybe I shouldn't have tried at all.

Howdy folks:

For those of you who may not be aware, the Northeast region of the United States was hit by a substantial ice storm last Thursday (12.11.08). The storm knocked out power for an estimated 800,000 customers from up-state New York to Maine. Power has yet to be restored as of today (12.15.08) to numerous areas.

It is my understanding both Steve and Charles reside in Maine or thereabouts, so they very well could be effected. As such, their priorities may be in a very different place at the moment.

One need look no further than the v.1.10 delay due to high winds in Ohio cutting Matt's power to surmise that we may be waiting for v.1.11 longer than anyone had originally suspected.

Of course, I could be wrong.

In terms of v.1.11 tidbits, I would love to know if "small" items like these have been resolved. It is a testament to BFC's efforts that many of us are so eagerly anticipating this latest update!

I have a mental image of Steve furiously pedaling on an exercise bike set up to power a small electric generator, whilst the ice-laden trees lay on the ground outside, enmeshed in fallen power lines. Sweating profusely, sparks flying from the ad hoc nature of his wiring, some wires dip into the jar to keep Charles powered, while the rest powers his mainframe so we can get our patch!

Keep pedaling!

:)

Regards,

Ken

The waiting would be so much easier if that damn pathfinding for vehicles wasn't broken by 1.10 ..... again

What broken? I've had a Stryker sit in the middle of a traffic jam [that I'd created through my my own incompetence] for two minutes, then spin its tyres out and smash its way through a wall and a couple of buildings to get to where I'd told it to go.

This is pathfinding at it's zenith!:D

(save game available)

I have a mental image of Steve furiously pedaling on an exercise bike set up to power a small electric generator, whilst the ice-laden trees lay on the ground outside, enmeshed in fallen power lines. Sweating profusely, sparks flying from the ad hoc nature of his wiring, some wires dip into the jar to keep Charles powered, while the rest powers his mainframe so we can get our patch!

Keep pedaling!

:)

Regards,

Ken

Believe it or not that is exactly what is happening. Honest.

What broken? I've had a Stryker sit in the middle of a traffic jam [that I'd created through my my own incompetence] for two minutes, then spin its tyres out and smash its way through a wall and a couple of buildings to get to where I'd told it to go.

This is pathfinding at it's zenith!:D

(save game available)

Are you being sarcastic? I've never seen any AFV's smash their way through any fixed object.

Are you being sarcastic? I've never seen any AFV's smash their way through any fixed object.

No, for real.

the vehicle didn't so much smash its way through as disregard the physical objects of the buildings and walls to get to where it was wanted. Not exactly realistic, I grant you, but the half circle of dust kicked up looked dramatic. Nay, cool.:D

Yep, me too. I had an AAV drive right through a building. I thought it had disappeared, then lo and behold it drove out of a building. Not saying anything we don't already know but the path finding is garbage and hopefully will be fixed. Let's hope 1.11 doesn't bring a whole new set of problems.

Yep, me too. I had an AAV drive right through a building. I thought it had disappeared, then lo and behold it drove out of a building. Not saying anything we don't already know but the path finding is garbage and hopefully will be fixed. Let's hope 1.11 doesn't bring a whole new set of problems.

Hopefully the reason it is taking so long is to really test the &^&*$*$$#$ before release.

If it has drones, Excalibur, and the Light infantry TO&E that would be okay too. :)

I posted something about the vehicles moving through buildings bug a couple of months ago and Steve asked for a save game which I duly sent. So there's a very good chance that this problem has been fixed in v1.11.

When Hurricane Ike (?) hit the US back in September and delayed the release of the Marines module BFC posted a blog to inform us of the delay. There's been no such posting about an ice storm though so one can only assume that work is still going on to finalise this baby. It would be nice to get an update though (hint hint) as the weekend is rapidly approaching again and the Xmas holidays start next week.