Comments on Marines Manual

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The_Red_Rage,

I don't have much in the way of references on this issue, but Google images showed what I took to be either Syrian SF or Airborne (guess latter from red berets), and as of the Lebanon withdrawal, they're carrying AKD 7.62mm. Thus, I would expect AKD 5.45mm as the main long arm, not the Krinkov. My Soviet/Russian references indicate the latter is used by only the driver, for example, in a VDV BMD squad. That said, it's possible that as a kind of military fashion statement, if you will, the Syrian Airborne is

decked out with Krinkovs. This might be the result of envy over the Uzi armed IDF paratroopers. Those worthies, though, didn't fare well at all in open ground desert warfare vs. AK-47 equipped Egyptian infantry, who shot them to pieces before they could close. Forget which war that was, but it was quite a shock to the Israeli paras.

Regards,

John Kettler

Thanks for posting the manual, but I was thinking if it was possible to make it use ones screen width and height a little more? I'm running 1920x1200 and the manual is pretty small, even when clicking the zoom button.

Not everyone is runing 1920x1200 though, and we have to accomodate all people out there. Since the manual pages are "static" images, it's impossible to have them scale with your browser resolution, so we have to go with (nearly) the lowest value.

The online manuals are not intended for cover-to-cover reading anyway, more for quick fact-checking and updates. The "real" thing are still the printed manuals that ship with the hardgoods when you purchase the game.

which should be arriving anytime now right Mr. Moon?

The release will be sometime next week (AFTER the weekend is over for your smart***es out there :)). The hardgoods will be shipped out within 1-2 weeks after the game is available for download. As soon as the download is available next week, we'll switch on the "Download Only", "Download & Hardgoods" and "Hardgoods Only" delivery methods as well (and the pre-order offer on "Download & Hardgoods" will expire).

Questions about the T-90SA:

1. So in Terms of Armour it can stand with the M1A2? Is it the Stadard Kontakt-5 Armour or the more Advanced "Kaktus" or "Relikt" ERA?

2. AT-11 "Refleks" is a Laser Guided Gunfired AT Rocket that needs to be Guided into the Target. How many RHA this Weapon can Penetrate? It got more Firepower then the Standard APFSDS Ammo in Modern Tanks?

3. Fire Control capabilities are now compared to the M1A2? Or do you still have 2 Minutes to Spot for an Abrahms to find him (and he have killed you 5 Times)?

Questions about the T-90SA:

1. So in Terms of Armour it can stand with the M1A2? Is it the Stadard Kontakt-5 Armour or the more Advanced "Kaktus" or "Relikt" ERA?

2. AT-11 "Refleks" is a Laser Guided Gunfired AT Rocket that needs to be Guided into the Target. How many RHA this Weapon can Penetrate? It got more Firepower then the Standard APFSDS Ammo in Modern Tanks?

3. Fire Control capabilities are now compared to the M1A2? Or do you still have 2 Minutes to Spot for an Abrahms to find him (and he have killed you 5 Times)?

1. http://www.battlefront.com/index.php?option=com_flippingbook&book_id=9&Itemid=310&firstPageNumber=26

2. That's too technical for me. Steve or Charles would need to chime in.

3. Yes, one of the most obivous things you will notice when you are facing T-90SA's is their ability to quickly acquire, target and HIT on the first shot. This doesn't make them invincible (much like the M1A2 isn't invincible) but a much more equal opponent.

You will find that the T90SA is a test for the M1A2 SEP and VERY challenging for older M1s. Trying to send a platoon of M1s to take on a company of T90s will give you a platoon of dead M1s, especially if the T90s are in defensive positions and the M1s have to try to acquire on the move.

Against a dug in armor company I wouldnt send anything less then an armor battalion