Need blood.

Never...ever...EVEEEEEEER mention blood on this forum, man! Jeez, now I am gonna have to read twenty pages of flying spleens and exploding butt pustule posts...Just be happy the guys actually fall down. It's good enough.

LMAO @ Prvt Ryan...that was good.

Mord.

If you've seen the damage modern small arms do to the human body I'd advise against any in game representation. I'd post the link to those sites that show casualties from current wars but it's not in the best taste to see that sort of stuff. The game is about how you can manage a tactical military situation, not seeing empty head cavities.

t34577685,

The no blood rule has been a fixture in the CM games from the beginning and probably will be as long as they're made. These combat sims aren't intended to be gore fests and thus, are deliberately designed not to appeal to that crowd. I believe, too, that it helps with the violence ratings, thus overall marketability, and with holding down the processing load, already formidable, on the

user's graphics processor unit (GPU)when playing the games.

I've been playing a rented copy of Ghost Recon: Las Vegas 2 in co-op mode on his X-Box 360, and even though the stuff sprays when someone's hit, you a) don't see bodies long at all, and B) small arms damage isn't modeled. Have popped plenty of "melons" in that game, but never found brains decorating a wall while a corpse with half a head lay against it. I don't know how a fatality's handled in CMSF, but in the CMx1 series, all you got was a man marker where the last member of a squad or team fell, and the game decided at the end how many serious wounds wound up as KIAs. Light wounds weren't counted. No blood trails, dangling internals, decapitations, etc. Don't expect that to ever change.

Regards,

John Kettler

I'd like to see blood in CMSF but there is so much more important actions/aspects without visiual representation that blood wouldnt be first on my list.

As I can tell after few days with CMSF, it is game which represents consequences of your actions by tactical changes on battlefield not the detailed visiual effect of actions You perform. I would like have both but if I have to chose one, Ill take realistic tactical simulation instead of great graphics.

I remember this one time, I was playing CM, and I kept thinking 'There should be blood. Blood! Spraying everywhere! Rivers of blood! Fields of blood!', and then, in the next turn, I saw there was blood all over the screen!

Turns out I'd slashed a finger with the opener in my haste to get another beer, and return to my fantasies of 'blood, blood everywhere!'

So I had blood pouring out, and I was pouring beer in, in this incredible race to balance gore with fluid intake, and only my lust for more realism, more immersion, more blood, BLOOD! kept me strong enough to keep turning that beer into red corpuscles.

Eventually, of course, I passed out. I blame the beer.

But it probably saved my life. If I'd kept bleeding enough to make the game more realistic, I probably would have died.

It's refreshing to find that this question still comes up.

If you want blood, don't be a pussy. Open a vein, and spray it all over the screen. That's what men do, dammit!