Marines Module update at Blogfront

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice, at the first glance at the first screenshot I thought I was looking at Armed Assault...

Ambush Alley scenario is knocking on the door smile.gif

I hope Redfor air support will come into the game soon.

[ May 03, 2008, 01:19 PM: Message edited by: zwobot ]

Originally posted by Battlefront.com:

zwobot,

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />I hope Redfor air support will come into the game soon.

Ambush Alley scenario is knocking on the door

Unfortunately, to do that scenario right you don't need Redfor Air... :(

Steve </font>

Is it only me - or do the images look a bit "sharper" in some way (if you know what I mean). Has the graphics engine been updated in some way?

Nice going anyway. I just don't get it how one dev can pull this off... You'll get my 25 dollars the day it's released as you have proven that CMSF is a game to build on in the > 1.07 patches...

/Mazex

Originally posted by Battlefront.com:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />I am now convinced that Battlefront exists solely to destroy my academic record.

No, that's already well covered by the booze makers :D

Steve </font>The booze I can handle. Unfortunately there is no "Combat Mission Anonymous" support group where I live.

Originally posted by mazex:

Is it only me - or do the images look a bit "sharper" in some way (if you know what I mean). Has the graphics engine been updated in some way?

It looks about what my screen looks like, with graphics on max.

Syrian Airborne;

what makes them worth to be included i ask myself...

dont get me wrong, its not like i dont want them to be here but there must be some significant difference to the syrian formations we already have, otherwhise they wouldnt get included i guess.

so, what "is" this difference!? we heared quiet some info about the marines now, but we have no clue what the syrian airborns are supposed to "do" or what they "can do"!?

i figure theyre loaded into the BMP3´s but other than that...

and yes, a T90 close up shot would be neet smile.gif

Wow, this is good news. And here was me thinking that we were still 3 months or so away from this. Put me down for one, I can't wait!!!

Pandur

You're right. They're equipped with the BMP3. I'm hoping that they are a hybrid of Repubican Guard and Special Forces units. ie they are fully mechanised and can split their squads up into different teams. I guess we won't have to wait much longer to find out

I'm hoping that they are a hybrid of Repubican Guard and Special Forces units. ie they are fully mechanised and can split their squads up into different teams.
that "would" be awsome, still hate to have a whole squad tingle behind a RPG i send to attack something.

Maybe a good idea here would be to give a free copy of the Marines module to everyone who pre-ordered CMSF? This would be an excellent gesture to all those guys and gals that essentially took part in a huge beta test, spent months of frustration trying to play and generally had a bad time with the broken game.

Secondly, I notice that BF will be selling the modules exclusively even if you bought a Paradox version. Does this mean that I wont be able to get a really cheap copy of the Marines module in a few months?

Third, I notice that CMSF is on sale new for £7.95 from Amazon. Maybe you could give CMSF away free with every guy who wants the Marine module but doesn't have the original. I fail to understand why anyone would buy it for $45 from BF when its NEW for about $16.

BTW nice screenshots there, as always, this game looks good graphically.

Cheers

I was waiting for this special news about the Marines Module quite long like everybody... I can only say, that this news are saying a lot and almost nothing at the same time... I really don't understand the way how you Battlefront are informing us... Only think which is (maybe) sure is the price. The rest was alreday discussed here a while ago and its just confirmation of "you were right boys"...

My opinion is, that for red side there is not enough new equipment...

Is this really all??? Syrian Airborne Battalion, T-90SA Tank, BMP-3, BRDM-2 (AT-5) ???

Questions:

- will be TShU-1-7 optronic jammer included for T-90 and BMP-3?

- will be DROZD ACTIVE PROTECTION SYSTEMS included for T-90 and BMP-3?

- why no BTR-70 or BTR-80 or BTR-90? BTR-60 is not enough!

- why absolutely NO TRUCKS??? (for both sides)

- why no red air? I will probably get answer, that red air will be smashed in first hours of conflict... Same argument you can use then for T-90 tanks - will be all destroyed with mighty air power... Excuse me, but these kind of arguments are used by 3 years old children...

More questions then answers smile.gif We will see...

Thanks for the update Steve. The Marine Module looks great!

I am amazed at what you guys have been able to accomplish with the CM:SF series, from a technical standpoint.

It is hard to believe that the Marines Module is only $25.00. I feel that is a very small price to pay for the many hours of entertainment received, and for the incredible amount of work you guys have put into the whole series.

Thanks again to the Battlefront Team!

Originally posted by Marwek77 aka Red Reporter:

- why no red air? I will probably get answer, that red air will be smashed in first hours of conflict... Excuse me, but these kind of arguments are used by 3 years old children...

Because even a 3 year old knows that if it flies, it dies.