Please FEED US

:rolleyes: we've been so good lately and patiently waited for release - can you feed us with a little tiny unsignificant 15 seconds long video of gameplay some action ... pleaaaze :( :confused:

is the only one i've found so far and its breathtaking - i cant believe this 21st century wargame will actually release less then 30 days from now... or is it... anyway - can devs come up with a teaser please and post it on utube or something - its time for heat up the ovens i think....

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

unsobill, agreed. For a game that should be out fairly soon, it's very weird not to have any gameplay vids other than trees swaying. Release date hopefully should be in 2-3 months max(?) when compared to some of the statements (3 months ago, the estimate from Steve on December 5, 2006, was that it "had better not be 6 months" ( http://www.battlefront.com/discuss/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=52;t=001146#000003 )

...so that makes us less than 3 months away, unless things have gone wrong and problems have crafted up.

It alarms me to hear that artwork is still being fleshed out for major vehicles like the Bradley, I hope that the gameplay issues have been settled then.

Let's get a game vid of the vehicles and shooting that is in there, I want to see a building reduced to rubble via a air strike or something.

Originally posted by CBR:

Arent you confusing CMFS with Theatre of War that will be released by April 19th?

CBR

ahem, actually i got my hands on TOW back in 2006- benefits of fluent russian... and even before the release we seen teaser videos on utube that we were so much in need. Although i'm a huge fan of TOW i think CMFS will blow away any wargame on the market for the next 3-5 years :cool: ... really weird that theres no teaser anywhere - i guess Battlefrontâ„¢ doesnt need PR campaign or things looking too raw to show them to us :rolleyes:

Guys, you (or at least the regulars here) should know by now that we're working a little differently than other publishers. Most games are developed under the whip of a publisher asking for cool marketing visuals right away. So the developer does that - first come up with nice textures and visual stuff and finished the actual game elements last (or sometimes not... smile.gif )

You end up with great looking shallow games.

We work differently, the way that development should be done - from the ground up. This means that the nice glitzy stuff goes in last. We don't need textures for the Bradly or soldiers or anything really to be able to test and finalize what counts - the gameplay, functionality, realism, physics engine and so forth.

Of course showing this to the unwashed masses (that would be you :D ) is a different thing entirely. It can and will be misunderstood by players running into a screenshot or video which isn't complete. So this means that we have a fairly limited selection of things to show until we're about 80-90% through the development process.

Another problem we're having is lack of time. We're a small team and if we spend preparing screens or movies, it takes time away from developing the game. This would be better if we were not having another release imminent (Theatre of War) which takes most of my attention obviously for the time being.

Having said all that - drumroll - we've prepared a couple of beta videos for you guys. They will be released wednesday (yes, we do actually have a marketing plan smile.gif ). Showing some early beta stuff from a version a few months ago, but still better than nothing I guess smile.gif

I will be also recording some more videos this week with the current beta for a release in a couple of weeks or so.

Martin

Considering the brewing backlash surrounding the Silent Hunter IV release which was rushed out the door not quite ready for prime time, a too common occurence these days, I wholeheartedly agree with BFC's approach, take your time and release it when it is ready, although hopefully that will be in 2007.

They measure their customer satisfaction "the old fashion way", by the bottom line and hard sales. Just buy the game, and keep buying their games until you are dissappointed in the level of service or gameplay, that's pretty much the sum of their customer satisfaction survey, sales.

Pre-order the game the first chance you get.

Offering Pre-orders is their idea of a customer satisfaction survey.

tom w

Wow, just seen them! Excellent footage.

I especially liked the infantry firing video. I like the way the soldiers don't magically revolve on the spot when they turn, as in CMx1. The reload and weapon cocking animations are also very impressive.

The M1 suspension looked a little odd at times, although still very impressive. At one point it looked like all its weight was on the front wheels for a considerable amount of time, like it was braking hard but for longer than I would have thought possible. Is this footage slowed down from normal game speed? I noticed also that the gun wasn't stabilised. Is this something that will be added? Sorry to carp - I am otherwise very pleased to see such great progress.

• 2 weeks later...
Originally posted by Moon:

We work differently, the way that development should be done - from the ground up.

You guys are weird.

Couldn't you just fake some explosions and add some fancy-looking lobster textures and bump-mapped exploding camels with lasers on their heads?

Just to keep in line with the industry standard?

You should be worried. In fact, you should be scared right down to your pinky toes! I think every year they should gather up a bunch of "game developer wannabies" and ship them off to one of the game development teams supposedly 3 months from shipping. 6 months later, when the game is shipped as a stinking pile of poo, let the "wannabies" decide right then and there if they want to stay in that world or go back to the one they came from. It's a "scared straight" tactic that would save a lot of people a lot of grief :D

True story... one of my close coworkers in my past developer life literally had a nervous breakdown. After being MIA from work for 2 weeks his mother had the landlord go into his appartment. He was found in a dark closet playing Ultima Online nearly 24 hours a day. The pressure and frustration finally got to him. Better than that "going postal", which I always worried about with him.

Other former employees left after years of being in business to do things like brew master's apprentice, pastery chef, Grand Priest of some satan worshiping cult (OK, that's just a guess, but a good one!), book store warehouse clerk, and who knows what else. Mind you, these people didn't leave the business and get these jobs because they couldn't get back in... they didn't want to get back in.

Hey... so why am I here? Better not think about it until after CM:SF ships, right? :D

Steve

• 2 weeks later...
Originally posted by Battlefront.com:

You should be worried. In fact, you should be scared right down to your pinky toes! I think every year they should gather up a bunch of "game developer wannabies" and ship them off to one of the game development teams supposedly 3 months from shipping. 6 months later, when the game is shipped as a stinking pile of poo, let the "wannabies" decide right then and there if they want to stay in that world or go back to the one they came from. It's a "scared straight" tactic that would save a lot of people a lot of grief :D

True story... one of my close coworkers in my past developer life literally had a nervous breakdown. After being MIA from work for 2 weeks his mother had the landlord go into his appartment. He was found in a dark closet playing Ultima Online nearly 24 hours a day. The pressure and frustration finally got to him. Better than that "going postal", which I always worried about with him.

Other former employees left after years of being in business to do things like brew master's apprentice, pastery chef, Grand Priest of some satan worshiping cult (OK, that's just a guess, but a good one!), book store warehouse clerk, and who knows what else. Mind you, these people didn't leave the business and get these jobs because they couldn't get back in... they didn't want to get back in.

Hey... so why am I here? Better not think about it until after CM:SF ships, right? :D

Steve

Dai Katana destroyed many peoples lives.

I am sad to see it reached so far ;p