Survey: What would you choose for CMx2?

You are not up to date Michael, the final list is:

1) 1920's Chaco war, between Bolivia and Chile, I believe;

2) 1939 Russo-Japanese border clashes (apparently Russia and Japan are huge gaming markets); and then

3) Spanish Civil War, 1936-39.

I remember 'back in the dim-time' this question was raised before we knew of CMSF. I said without hesitation that I'd be happy to see a modern Stryker Brigade game. so imagine how happy I am now! :D

A short while ago I even tried to search-down that original Stryker Brigade suggestion of mine to prove my eps powers but its simply been lost in the past.

Originally posted by ParaBellum:

For every serious wargamer there are only two possible scenarios for CMx2:

1.) WW2 Eastern Front '41-'45

2.) Ewoks against the Space Lobsters of Doom

I like number 2 and as for mine...

1) Spaceballs vs Oompaloompas

2) NATO vs Warsaw Pact(that would be really cool)

3) I think Russia and China going at it would be cool with some Korean action on the side(modern day of course).

4) And the American annexation of Canada so it can become our 80th state after we annex the rest of South America.

Originally posted by kawaiku:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by ParaBellum:

</font>I only want Spaceballs if Battlefront models combing the desert. spaceballslarge12xv0.jpg

That and cross-eyed gunner cousins.

Originally posted by Normal Dude:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by kawaiku:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by ParaBellum:

</font>

There can be only one:

* Cold War 1991

A friend of mine runs Massive Entertainment here in Sweden and me and others harrased him enough about the cold war setting (not that he dislikes it himself smile.gif ) to do "World in Conflict" (coming later this year)... They have received a lot of positive feedback for choosing an amazingly "forgotten" setting for their game. Now I'm harrasing him regularly about adding a WeGo "expert" mode as a WeGo cold war CMx2 game seems out of the question for BFC ;) That World in Conflict engine sure has the looks (DX10 support etc) and the alphas I've tried are simply awsome (and I really don't like RTS games)...

OK - I don't want to go advertising for another game, the pun is: Be among the first in a possible wave of cold war games as that setting has been "dead" for a long time! There are other games in the cold war pipe line coming!

/Mazex

Given that the game after CM:SF is going to be WWII Western Front 1944-45, for the next games my favourites are, in whatever order:

- WWII Eastern Front: as the whole shebang 1941-45 is beyond the scope of this game, I'll settle for Stalingrad or Kursk

- Cold War gone hot, say 1985: I know BF has stated they're not interested in this kind of counterfactual history, but as far as modern or close-to-modern settings go, this scenario has excercised the minds of wargamers for very long, and should be easy to sell