Will The Peng Challenge Play Better If The SSN's Read The Manual?

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Seanachai:

No...no...I don't think so. Dorosh misquotes a Dire Straits song, and Lars has gotten several deviants to re-post a picture of himself after his recent round of hormone shots and a bikini wax.

And the Rules were a limp recycling of stale urine. It's bad enough we begin with Rules, without pissing them through again.

I will now exercise a seldom witnessed Power of the Olde Ones, and I will sack this incarnation of the Thread in favour of whatever the hell I decide to do next.

Yes, it's arrogant, and yes, it's an abuse of power. But I'm primarily abusing Lars, so it's the equivalent of a victimless crime.

Follow this link in order to realize your true potential:

To Serve in Hell

HA! And your well deserved and long delayed comeuppance has ... uh ... come ... up at last Seanachai.

For not only can there be only ONE Peng Challenge Thread but the HERESY you proclaimed on that mockery of a replacement thread has been exposed.

NO RULES? Without rules we would be RULELESS Senachai, but did you consider THAT? YOU DID NOT! Which is why we HAVE a Justicar for Life of the Peng Challenge Thread and not just that but a BELOVED Justicar for Life of the Peng Challenge Thread who is ALWAYS VIGILANT except when I'm not.

It is my SACRED duty and AWESOME responsibility to maintain the traditions of the Peng Challenge Thead and among those traditions are RULES and RANKS.

I say again ... HA!

Joe

Originally posted by Wisbech_lad:

Bah, that isn't a WW2 vintage aircraft at all. What is this damn board coming to? Two Peng threads, bad tempered discussion over reviews, and now inexactitude over WW2 aviation. The Last Times are upon us. The Black Flags have been sighted out of Khorasan.

Sorry. Went with best, er, empennage.

Here you go.

7280653LR.jpg

Originally posted by MrSpkr:

Not anymore. They stopped saying that twenty years ago.

No surprise that Boo thinks saying "Awesome" makes one sound child-like. Point of reference and all that.

Gods, what a depressing day.

Steve

Don't you owe me a turn? Maybe I should versify to remind you.

Ahem.

There once was a man from Minneapolis

His liver was so big it was ludicrous

His hair it was silver

His paunch held a river

And to not hate him a lot would be remiss

Thank you, good night!

Drifting dangerously near the bottom of the page with all the riff-raff posting to their "Whenamigonnagetthegame" threads.

Not that there's anything wrong with that.

But the priorities must be maintained and I'm just the lad to do it.

YOUR BELOVED JUSTICAR FOR LIFE OF THE PENG CHALLENGE THREAD IS EVER VIGILANT.

Joe

Originally posted by Joe Shaw:

Drifting dangerously near the bottom of the page with all the riff-raff posting to their "Whenamigonnagetthegame" threads.

Not that there's anything wrong with that.

But the priorities must be maintained and I'm just the lad to do it.

YOUR BELOVED JUSTICAR FOR LIFE OF THE PENG CHALLENGE THREAD IS EVER VIGILANT.

Joe

We are truly blessed to have one such as you...one who has absolutely no life outside of the ridiculous goings on in this thread and of the entire forum in general.

Thank you Joe .

Originally posted by Boo Radley:

Speaking of not having a life... don't you owe me a turn?

Quite the opposite....it is because I have a full, multi-faceted, rich life that I have not yet returned a file to you.

Please wallow in dispair as you await an email from me.

Originally posted by Nidan1:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Boo Radley:

Speaking of not having a life... don't you owe me a turn?

Quite the opposite....it is because I have a full, multi-faceted, rich life that I have not yet returned a file to you.

Please wallow in dispair as you await an email from me. </font>

Especially cutting it, knowing you.

Have I told you all how I completely devestated old Stuka-Nuka_Puka_Pants in our latest game? The game that took twice as long as a normal game would (Unless you were fighting Seanachai or Old Foul Joe, (which would never end, because he'd just stop sending turns in his usual Hiram-esque way))?

Yeah, he feinted up the middle with about a company of Rooskies and a couple of T-34's and drove his main force into my left flank in a brilliantly conceived maneuver... except that it took him about 40 turns to get there and it was a 45+ turn game.

If he'd had... oh... maybe another 40 turns he might have gotten about half the flags. But with that line of reasoning, if pigs had wings, Seanachai would be raising ostriches for a living (I have no idea what that means, but it just seemed to type itself... maybe it's a sign).

No, my DECISIVE victory was decreed right from the start, as well it should be.

Stoat, on the other hand, barely got a teensy-weensy victory over me, but that's just because he cheats.

And he smells bad, too.

I have lurked among you for quite a long time, though rarely do I chime in on minutia, and never have I dared to sail the dangerous waters of the Peng Challenge Thread.

I realize that any questions I may ask are subject to ridicule. I am also perfectly aware that any mere observations I make are also likely to meet with the same potential derision.

Therefore, other than the above commentary, I shall no more save this: I love a challenge and look forward to testing my mettle in the crucible that is the Peng Challenge..... er whatever that really is smile.gif

COH

Originally posted by CupOHemlock:

I have lurked among you for quite a long time, though rarely do I chime in on minutia, and never have I dared to sail the dangerous waters of the Peng Challenge Thread.

I realize that any questions I may ask are subject to ridicule. I am also perfectly aware that any mere observations I make are also likely to meet with the same potential derision.

Therefore, other than the above commentary, I shall no more save this: I love a challenge and look forward to testing my mettle in the crucible that is the Peng Challenge..... er whatever that really is smile.gif

COH

I gotta tell ya CupOSoup ... you take a lot of the fun out of it.

Still, the forms must be preserved, so let's be about it ... hmmmm ... email address in profile, CHECK ... general location ... CHECK (and in the location of a great Confederate victory so that's a plus) ... stupid name ... CHECK.

{SIGH} ... well lads there's nothing OBVIOUSLY amiss so I suppose ... let the games begin (assuming you all HAVE any time to post here instead of playing CMSF).

Joe

p.s. Oh my, where ARE my manners ... CupOSoup ... <big><big>SOD OFF!</big></big>

Originally posted by CupOHemlock:

COH

You should really just move along...we have no challenges or mettle around here.

Originally posted by J Ruddy:

Joe - did ya miss the little yellow feller smilin' at ya in clear violation of rule 736G-7 from section P of article H52 as outlined in The Idiot's Guide to the M.B.T.?

Geez - even an offworlder like myself knows that one...

The Idiots Guide has never been as reliable as the following:

site1003.jpg

For one thing they refuse to pay me a consulting fee and so they don't have access to the latest rules.

In the current rules we specify that since SSNs are officially untermenchen they are not expected to be able to understand the finer points of CessPudlian etiquette. It also gives us an excuse to bash them for it.

And it's not "off-worlder" it's outerboarder ... and a former Gawdawfuller if I'm not mistaken.

Joe