Group Army Center

Now will someone please post the latest version of the puzzle

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does a WW2 version of the T-72 simulator qualify for:

“BIG, I mean unbelievable freaking huge news”

I really don't think so. Interesting, maybe. Exciting for those who like simulators, probably.

But not “BIG, I mean unbelievable freaking huge news”

Perhaps the unfolding puzzle picture is a banner for "CMX2 WW2" which will, as the modules are produced, include both East and West fronts.

The predominant Sherman, if such it is, may point to the first game being ETO?

This would more closely accord with Moons' recent reply to Michael Dorosh on another related thread, wherein he said that the new game would tread middle ground between the scope of CMBO/CMBB and the intense detail suggested by Michael.

Or not.

For the sake of sanity, BFC, hurry up and spill!

Hi,

Andreas is right that we must all try not to get too over excited ;) .

However smile.gif , it did also cross my mind that Moon would not hype a WWII game quite so much if it truly were not "big" news, maybe a WWII version of CMX2 as Jim suggested.

We should know soon.

In terms of games to really get my teeth into there here has been a very long drought. But once CMX2 is launched I realise there is hope of a welcome flood of great games.

Very much looking forward to CMX2,

All the best,

Kip.

PS. CMX2 really is the one that matters. Others produce fine games too… but CMX2 is “the” big one.

As long as we're fantasizing, the truly beautiful WW2 tank simulation would be based on the Steel Beasts Pro PE engine. It's better looking than T72 BoF, it has a better ballistics model, and it handles battalion+ sized actions with great ease!

Maybe BFC could license it.

Originally posted by kipanderson:

However smile.gif , it did also cross my mind that Moon would not hype a WWII game quite so much if it truly were not "big" news, maybe a WWII version of CMX2 as Jim suggested.

But the WWII version of CMx2 was announced ages ago: ETO '44-45. I don't think a confirmation announcement of the same thing would qualify as huge news. Besides, I seem to recall BFC saying that they wouldn't begin talking about the WWII game until CMSF is released. Not to mention that they're already working on CMSF so I don't know where they'd find the time to do a WWII CMx2 game on the side, ready for release by the end of this year.

Originally posted by gibsonm:

So why put a late model M3, M4 or perhaps M10 [don’t think they’d put a M7 there] on the front of the box (based on the so far revealed lower front hull section)?

Lend-lease Sherman.

You cannot market a tank game in America if it doesn't have American tanks in it, very simple.

Also, box art (if it is box art and not a screenshot) is not known for being particularly true to the looks and contents of the game.

Originally posted by Redwolf:

You cannot market a tank game in America if it doesn't have American tanks in it, very simple.

I'd respectfully challenge that assumption. I think you'll find that most American gamers grew up with a German tank fetish like everyone else. Suspect the reasons for this are:

a. As we know, Tigers, Panthers and Jagd---s made a pretty strong impression on the GIs (Tommies and Ivans too), and those who cared to tell war stories passed that on to their kids postwar

b. Also, don't underestimate the influence of Tamiya, whose distinct preference for German AFV model kits (aircraft are another matter) shaped a whole generation of US kids.

[Conspiracy theory] And by exposing geeky Boomer kids to the heady fumes of Testor's model cement, turned them into crazed peacenik acid-heads instead of future Skunk Works engineers, thereby paving the way for Japanese technical dominance in the 1980s. Banzai!!!! [/End Conspiracy theory] tongue.gif

Originally posted by J Ruddy:

Panzerblitz didn't have any US tanks in it, did it?

I say a desert tank sim: Kasserine all the way baby! Lees and Grants vs PzIVs and Tigers what more could you ask for?

(Besides Shermans, Hellcats, Fireflys, Panthers, T34/85s, IS1s etc...)

;)

Maybe it is a dice-rolling sim. I mean, a computer version of TOBRUK in which all the dice rolls are the focus of the gameplay. With the ability to mod the 3D dice, of course, both graphically and with sound mods - dice cup, palms, felt table, tile floor, etc.

Originally posted by Michael Dorosh:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by J Ruddy:

Panzerblitz didn't have any US tanks in it, did it?

I say a desert tank sim: Kasserine all the way baby! Lees and Grants vs PzIVs and Tigers what more could you ask for?

(Besides Shermans, Hellcats, Fireflys, Panthers, T34/85s, IS1s etc...)

;)

Maybe it is a dice-rolling sim. I mean, a computer version of TOBRUK in which all the dice rolls are the focus of the gameplay. With the ability to mod the 3D dice, of course, both graphically and with sound mods - dice cup, palms, felt table, tile floor, etc. </font>