WW2 game?

I am trying to figure out what this other way of creating own scenarios could be. IL2 has also Quick Mission Builder... we'll wait and see.

Anyway, the game with Full Mission Builder would be worth a lot more than one without it. IMO IL2 has stayed popular for so long largely because users can make so many kinds of new missions with FMB. Those keep online gaming interesting. So I really hope it will be possible to include a FMB at some point if not in the initial release.

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Moon:

Also, ToW is scheduled for this year. It will probably be out before CMSF even.

Martin

Since TOW is described as coming out at the "end of 2006," does the above quote mean that CMSF is not coming out until 2007?

Congratulations to Battlefront, for that deal. With that strike, they have become a much bigger player in the business. And the marketing effect for the later published CMx2 is hardly to overestimate.

What i'd be interested in, how did it come, that the IL-makers were ready to go with Battlefront? Were they tired of the marketing-pressure of the other publishers, where the quick money comes before quality?

Steiner14, feel free to post this question in the ToW forum where Nikolay or some of the other guys from 1C might respond. They already said something about it in the press release which I believe is posted on our news page as well, and I don't really want to speak for them even though I probably know their motivation. It's not too far away from why we do what we do.

It is, however, also a sign of the state of the industry as a whole. Those consoles you guys keep buying are going to come back and bite you in the rear...

Martin

Guys well done on this effort - it will be good for the FPS crowd.

However at this early stage (maybe things will change) my credit card faces no threat from this due to:

The apparent lack of a map or force editor.

The limited engagement ranges (the Jagdtiger looks very nice but if it can only fire to 500m or so what is the point?).

PC only

I'm beginning to see how CMX2 WW2 and ToW can be complimentary, but I'm very curious about this quote from Moon:

You should check out Dropteam though - it runs on OSX as well as the new Intel Macs, and we'll be announcing a WW2 mod for it soon, too.
How is this going to work in with the other two games?

I'd say its going to compete more with ToW than CMX2 esp since buildings are also not enterable (as yet). The key differences at the moment are that dropteam does not limit the range to 500m as it is in ToW, and it is playable on Macs. There is word that the 500m limit could be adjusted, so is the dropteam mod kit a succour to keep mac gamers happy???

"...nothing more than a Bullsh*t marketing ploy."

Gee, promoting the company's upcoming products on the company's website? How dare they! :D;)

This is big news.

Rumors of a groundwar game from the people who made IL-2 have been around so long its almost become an urban legend! Steiner14 makes an interesting observation, that the IL-2 guys seem to be shifting from the high volume/low return world of store shelf retail to the BFC way of doing business.

On the minus side, this makes you wonder about CMSF work perhaps being pushed back down the BFC 'to do' list again. Theater of War has already got its own dedicated website. We should be so lucky.

[ July 31, 2006, 01:52 PM: Message edited by: MikeyD ]

Sivodsi,

How is this going to work in with the other two games?
DT is a multi-multi player game that encourages team cooperation. Neither CM:SF nor ToW have that sort of feature, not to mention focus. When CMx2 gets CoPlay (it's form of MMP) there will still be a big difference because CMx2 will put players in command of large numbers of units, while DT puts the focus on a single unit per player.

Short of it is... we see the THREE games as being very complimentary to each other.

Steve

we see the THREE games as being very complimentary to each other.
Thanks Steve, that makes it clearer.

Okay, so ToW is the fun one of the group with multiplayer capability for up to 4 people to shoot things out, DT WW2 is the FPS with co-op play for dozens of players at a time, while in CMX2 there will be multiple players controlling platoons/companies.

You guys are really covering the bases.

Originally posted by Moon:

Those consoles you guys keep buying are going to come back and bite you in the rear...

Martin

That's like saying - there are terrorists in your city so we are going to bomb the whole city. And don't be surprised if you get killed in the process :D