WW2 game?

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is it the top hatch of a Matilda II? I've not seen one opened before, but it is flat like that and on top of a turret...?

MatIIHatch.jpgg3.gif

I'm still going with North Africa, possibly a mod of Drop Team.

[Edit: The cyrillic writing is a bit of a giveaway too, isn't it... dang!]

[ July 27, 2006, 07:56 AM: Message edited by: J Ruddy ]

Originally posted by Andreas:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by J Ruddy:

Is it the top hatch of a Matilda II? I've not seen one opened before, but it is flat like that and on top of a turret...?

Don't think so - the Matilda tracks look different.

All the best

Andreas </font>

If they're hinting about a tank sim game featuring a Lee that's gonna be crazy! (Crazy in a good way :D ) Lots of crew, lots of guns, and LOTS of difficulty learning to use it properly. If (a big 'if') this is along the lines of T72 the player would probably upgrade from the crappier vehicle to the more capable as the game progresses.

Still, we're still just guessing.

Thanks,Andreas.

Looking at the whole thing something non-grog about the picture dawned on me that I think may be the biggest clue yet.(Smeone correct me if what I am about to say is wrong) The picture in the puzzle appears to have been created by the artist for the Combat Mission series artwork. Unless I'm wrong CM is the ONLY artwork he has done for BFC. Which leads me to believe the announcement will be that a WW2 version of CMX2 will be released at the same time as Shock Force.

Opinions on this theory?

Originally posted by Elvis:

Thanks,Andreas.

Looking at the whole thing something non-grog about the picture dawned on me that I think may be the biggest clue yet.(Smeone correct me if what I am about to say is wrong) The picture in the puzzle appears to have been created by the artist for the Combat Mission series artwork. Unless I'm wrong CM is the ONLY artwork he has done for BFC. Which leads me to believe the announcement will be that a WW2 version of CMX2 will be released at the same time as Shock Force.

Opinions on this theory?

Doubtful. Nothing to prevent Pentland from being used for other projects.

I got your email btw. I think I got the disc in a batch of mail before I left for vacation but totally forgot to follow up with you. I'll double check and let you know - been trying to catch up for the last week.

Which leads me to believe the announcement will be that a WW2 version of CMX2 will be released at the same time as Shock Force.

Opinions on this theory?

I don't think there is any practical economic or business sense to doing so.

That recent events have pushed to close to the Shockforce plot line pushing it back and making WWII the first release, outside possibility.

Originally posted by MikeyD:

If we're talking lend-lease Lees wouldn't YOU buy a game dramatically entitled 'Coffin for Seven Brothers" (the Lee's unfortunate Russian nickname)?

When the tanks arrived in the USSR with the American serial numbers painted in place (prefaced by the letters USA), the Russians thought it was the initials of the Russian phrase "Kill That Son of a Bitch Adolf". That would be pretty dramatic for a title, too. smile.gif

They said a new WWII game... not a mod to an existing game or new version of a game in progress (SF) or is the lawyer side of me reading too much into it. They really don't give us much choice but to read inbetween the lines. Not that puzzle building isn't fun or... wait cutting and pasting ISN'T fun... WTF gimmi middle pieces not the edges and corners!