WW2 game?

Originally posted by J Ruddy:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Michael Dorosh:

Another M3...

http://www.battlefront.com/discuss/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=9;t=020080;p=1

Y'all better read this h'yar thread...

Thanks.

It's amazing how adjustiung the brightness & contrast helps out - I guess my neighbour's wife's sister's kid's dog's reputation is shot.

:D </font>

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Michael Dorosh:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by J Ruddy:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Michael Dorosh:

Another M3...

http://www.battlefront.com/discuss/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=9;t=020080;p=1

Y'all better read this h'yar thread...

Thanks.

It's amazing how adjustiung the brightness & contrast helps out - I guess my neighbour's wife's sister's kid's dog's reputation is shot.

:D </font>

Wow, what a fuss, some people sure get their knickers in a knot. ;)

Flamm, the puzzle does contain the title and developer of the game I believe, which is what most people will be interested I think. Im not too sure what the concern is about it not being the box art, its more of a desktop wallpaper as I understand it which Im sure will be released as a complete image shortly.

This is all playing out exactly as I expected it, I don't understand the fuss either.

Waiting to see if one of my three guesses is right.

1. The WWII CMx2 going to be released at almost the same time as CMSF

2. A platoon level game with many of the CM mechanics, huge scenariois possible

3. A game coming over from another publisher, don't think I should mention the title.

Question is, doesn't this supercede the WW2 version of CMSF? Looks like the scale of this and ToW will be different, but I would have thought that comparing a game where you get numerous theatres of action vs a game where you only get one limited one, most prospective customers will go for the former...

It's too early to say for sure, but probably no editor for the initial release, at least not to the extent that CM has an editor. But the game is based on an extensively improved IL-2 engine, and anybody knowing that will also remember how open it was for modding and scripting. It is very simple to add units on existing maps for example. Making maps is more difficult, but I believe that there are tools out for it for IL-2, which would indicate that it should be possible here, too.

But like I said, it's not decided yet.

Martin

Max, with or without editor, you will be able to create your own scenarios with units etc.

The only tough point might be making entirely new maps, but the game will ship with 40+ historical maps already, so it should be easy to find a suiting environment.

And we will definitely push hard to release an editor if not with the first release, then with an add-on. The point of replayability is certainly not lost on us (hey, we made CM, right?), so keep the faith smile.gif

Martin