Bring back old forum colors? Yes/No

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

the white on dark green is really really very unpleasant.

I do not know if this design change was intentional or if it can or can not be changed anymore, but personally I find it horrible and will seriously have to consider leaving this board more or less (only dropping by once in a while to get a scoop on the most urgent news, reading that with squinting eyes), no hard feelings, but damn it hurts. Not trying to pressure you into changing it back, if you say it can't be done then it can't be done, but I find it very very unpleasant.

Battlefront.com looks 100% better. Not sure about the forum though, because this where i mainly spend my time and my eyes are killing me after just a few minutes of looking at it.

I'll get used to it.

Funny enough, back when we upgraded to UBB with new colors and all, the initial reactions were exactly the same. Almost four hundred thousand posts later, all is well smile.gif Having said that, Matt might be making some tweaks sometime later as he said. Best to move on...

Martin

PS. Anybody noticed the new CMBO FAQ yet? ;)

The white on dark is hurting my eyes and giving me a headache - the color clash is too much.

Trying not to be a whiner, but this is hard for us middle aged guys to read.

Maybe Matt has it easier to read from the glare off his head.

joke.

Steve

Originally posted by Moon:

Hmm,

"including the imminent release of Combat Mission: Barbarossa to Berlin"

"beta testing phase right now and is going to be released later this year"

"the dedicated CMBB FAQ (in the works)."

"Later this year....900 new vehicles and equipment. New graphical textures for all of the new models. New terrain. New sounds. Massive game engine upgrades and more."

"No OOB is included in CMBB either, though we might consider one for future installments."

"Can I watch all the movies together?... Not currently. We have this on our to-do list for future installments, but so far it’s proven too difficult to code within the existing game engine limitations."

Did I miss anything? smile.gif

Edit: great job with the website BTW!

Ron

[ May 30, 2002, 06:56 PM: Message edited by: Ron ]

I like it. I like everything about it. It looks great and is a needed change. Not that I disliked the old colors and layout I just think it looks more like a professional site now. As far as black print I am wondering that that may not be harder to see. I think white is easier to read but that's my eyes. Anyway, great job guys. I'm very pleased. smile.gif

The old colors were flat-out ugly. This is a huge improvement. Feel free to tweak it a bit, but I am happy the way it is. Just don't ever use blue text on white - that is truly annoying if you have to read a lot of it.

Looks much classier smile.gif

MSBoxer's idea about changing the dark green background might make the white text less harsh on the ol' mince pies..it'd also make black text easier to see if you decide to change it back.

Looks like CMBB may not be too far off after all.... smile.gif

I like the new colors better than the old ones, but I do agree that it might be better with a lighter background instead of the black.

I think it's easer to read for me, but if enough people want to go back to the old version, fine with me.

S

Originally posted by Madmatt:

Actually, went back and looked at my original design template and I did have it to be black text originally so I may make that change after all.

If you have a wheel mouse you can adjust the font size by holding control and rolling the wheel.

Madmatt

Learn something new every day. Thanks Madmatt.

The contrast is a bit much with the white text.

Just wait till the conspiracy theorist get here about the Allied color scheme.

Originally posted by M Hofbauer:

the white on dark green is really really very unpleasant.

I do not know if this design change was intentional or if it can or can not be changed anymore, but personally I find it horrible and will seriously have to consider leaving this board more or less (only dropping by once in a while to get a scoop on the most urgent news, reading that with squinting eyes), no hard feelings, but damn it hurts. Not trying to pressure you into changing it back, if you say it can't be done then it can't be done, but I find it very very unpleasant.

I am in COMPLETE agreement with this post smile.gif

Well put

the White text is the problem for sure.

I would really hate to avoid this forum just because it hurts to look at it :(

IMHO

-tom w

Let's pretend my opinion matters for a moment here. It hurts my eyes. But, if isn't going to change, then I guess I'll cope. I can look forward to hours of reading posts while my eyes water. Oh happy.

Let's see if IE 5.5 lets me provide my own colors for websites like this.

Edited to note that I can change the colors in my browzer, so no biggie.

[ May 30, 2002, 08:31 PM: Message edited by: Hiram Sedai ]

Originally posted by Moon:

Funny enough, back when we upgraded to UBB with new colors and all, the initial reactions were exactly the same. Almost four hundred thousand posts later, all is well smile.gif Having said that, Matt might be making some tweaks sometime later as he said. Best to move on...

Martin

you mean this part:

"Ultimately including or not including an OOB screen is a Design Philosophy issue. We didn’t

include an OOB screen because it doesn’t fit into the feel of the game. No OOB is included in

CMBB either, though we might consider one for future installments."

That is a CMBB clue and news to me I think.

So No OOB screen for CMBB.

-tom w