Bring back old forum colors? Yes/No

<table bgcolor="#afc0da"><tr><td><font color=#000000><big>(easy reading post provided by html...)

Yes.

the new battlefront website is cool looking. even the splash page, something i normally hate, is worth the download.

however, as mentioned before, the color contrast on the forums are too harsh. and i think the font is smaller, which is bad in my opinion.

please return the old colors and sizes, thank you.

</big></td></tr></table>

[ May 30, 2002, 11:37 PM: Message edited by: russellmz ]

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

While the new splash page loads quick (good thing) and items are arranged in an easy to find manner (good thing), it is far harder on the eyesight to use a small font (bad thing) and a light on dark colour scheme (bad thing).

Normally, I like change, but I would have to agree that the older colour scheme is a bit better than this one.

Thought it was a bit too much contrast first. When leaving the forum and the text was still flickering before my eyes I'm sure. It puts too much strain on my eyes, it's not very comfortable at all. I will spend a lot less time here if it's not changed.

I'm with Matt on this one.. guys live up a little you sound as bad as bunch of old guy complaining that the youth today ain't like the youth youse had when you was a youth!! they were younger and much more shorter!!

live with change it happens, much like taxes.

Sorry to disagree Matt but the dark green is too dark. Leave the light green alone and change the dark green to a nice Kahki like <font size=4 color="#999966">999966</font> or even <font size=4 color="#CCCC99">#CCCC99</font>

The light text against the dark green is just too much

Disagree all you want, it's still not going to change. What I can change though is the font size (although thats actually a browser setting that you can change yourselves). If you guys think its too small I can revert back to the older size (one notch larger).

Which colors here are the hardest to see for those that are Red/green colorblind?

Madmatt

[ May 30, 2002, 06:08 PM: Message edited by: Madmatt ]

Originally posted by Madmatt:

Disagree all you want, it's still not going to change. What I can change though is the font size (although thats actually a browser setting that you can change yourselves). If you guys think its too small I can revert back to the older size (one notch larger).

Which colors here are the hardest to see for those that are Red/green colorblind?

Madmatt

From a design/user interface point of view white type on any darker background is always harder to look at and harder on the eyes.

-tom w

Actually, went back and looked at my original design template and I did have it to be black text originally so I may make that change after all.

If you have a wheel mouse you can adjust the font size by holding control and rolling the wheel.

Madmatt