Bring back old forum colors? Yes/No

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm one of the mighty 10% RG colourblind. This hurts; my eyes hurt and I feel anxious. Never had this stong a reaction to a colour combination before.

The white on the light background isn't too bad, but the white on dark, and the general gloominess really is unpleasant.

Of course, YMMV.

Originally posted by Hiram Sedai:

I already mentioned this, but you can change your own colors if you happen to be using Internet Explorer. No more pain.

I don't know if IE lets you change the colors of a specific site, but every browser I've ever used lets you override the colors globally.

Wow. I'm really surprised by the responses. I fine reversed text easier to read on a computer screen. Harder on paper, but I like it on computers. I wonder if it is not an age specific thing.

I don't really know the age of anyone here and I'm curious if the I LIKE crowd is the <35 crowd and the DON"T LIKE crowd is older. Could just be aging of the eyes, or younger crowds are used to different type styles.

hmmmmm

Arrrggg! This is painful. I would rather stare at the sun. Me thinks BTS has cornered the market in seeing eye-dogs and canes!

White print on dark is bad. Tone down the colors and goto black print please. If you can bring the font size up a notch that would be helpful.

Please fix or do sumfink!

[ May 30, 2002, 11:02 PM: Message edited by: Watson & Crick ]

I logged on and practically blew a gasket. I think that a bigger font would indeed improve the sites feel. Also, even if Matt refuses to change it up, I agree that the brighter colors might make this less of an eyesore.

Otherwise, I'm content.

Guest SnarkerII

You can change your colors in Netscape also. Click 'edit' 'preferences' 'appearance' 'color'. Pick your colors, then put a check in 'always use my colors'.

I'm fine with scheme, but can certainly understand the problems with some.

Oh, and as to changing the site again, did you notice it said "TWO YEARS in the making" on the home page? Do you want Battlefront to change the site, or finish CMBB?

I know, BTS is making CMBB, just wanted to shock you back to the important thing.

buzzer.gif