New " BATTLE OF THE BULGE " mod ! ( large pics inside )

Guest Tom

Unless I miss my guess......This is post 200 for this thread!

Take your time Tom......no pressure.

My neck of the woods won't look like your mod until late March......Its all white up here.

Jonah

Northern Canada

(currently -35 C, -52 with the windchill!)

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've got the "Then and Now" book on the Bulge, and it is my absolute favorite Bulge book. These mods ABSOLUTELY look exactly like the pictures in that book. It's uncanny.

Here's a question for the Bulge fanatics like me: Was any snow on the ground on 16 Dec 1944? If so, did the German infantry and vehicles have snow camo on 16 Dec 1944?

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Der Kriegsherr:

I've got the "Then and Now" book on the Bulge, and it is my absolute favorite Bulge book. These mods ABSOLUTELY look exactly like the pictures in that book. It's uncanny.

Here's a question for the Bulge fanatics like me: Was any snow on the ground on 16 Dec 1944? If so, did the German infantry and vehicles have snow camo on 16 Dec 1944?<hr></blockquote>

nope no snow, that's why i did the Ardenne set go to

warfarehq and download

[ 01-28-2002: Message edited by: PEIPER#1 ]</p>

> Tom's BUMP me BUMP me WinterPack, which had sadly gone unnoticed in the Forum.

LOL ok we get the point. I'll keep watching your site. But it doesn't offer the update every 2 hours like this thread smile.gif

If that's the near-final look,

A) then what the heck is he waiting for? smile.gif

B) (please imagine the tiniest little voice imaginable) shouldn't the trees be snowier? Sort of a happy medium between the bare lowlands and the snow-covered highlands. I would think the trees would collect snow before the ground, the land stays warmer longer...

Tom looking good.

The only thing I ask is that when you Battle of the Bulge mod is ready you make a big I mean BIG a$$ thread saying its ready.

Just so I don't miss it. There are so many new threads per day. Sometimes I think I missed some of the good stuff.

trees.jpg

The last preview before the mod will be finished. Trees are still under construction , but so far I am pleased with the results.

Cheers

Tom

BTW: I have also exchanged the pics at the start of this thread with more actual shots.

[ January 30, 2002, 01:21 PM: Message edited by: Tom ]