New " BATTLE OF THE BULGE " mod ! ( large pics inside )

Guest Tom

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

bfamily33,

what a pitty that I have no time to view the Olympics,cause I have to finish that " Ardennes " mod. :rolleyes: I am done with all files , except for some tweaking of the trees. Next things: 1.) waiting for new webspace, which should be ready to run next week and 2.) writing a huge readme file ( brrrr...) BTW: any takers to make a CMMOS version ???

Cheers

Tom

P.S.: 10 days was " a bit " too optimistic. I simply forgot that I have a wife , a daughter , three cats and - worst of all - A JOB :mad:

Originally posted by bfamily33:

Oh I get it now, he didn't mean 10 days, he meant 10 fortnights. I shall go watch the Olympics and check back in a fortnight. At least they have snow! :D

Originally posted by Tom:

BTW: any takers to make a CMMOS version ???

Tom,

Don't let these jackals (or is that jack-asses) smile.gif

get on your case. Release the mod when you are ready and not one moment sooner. No mod is worth losing your life/wife/job over. smile.gif

Philippe, "Mr Field & Stream", is the man to talk with about CMMOS terrain mods. I believe he's already working on a "Winter Wonderland" RuleSet and would love to feature this in it.

Drop me a line "gordonemolek@earthlink.net" and I'll hook the 2 of you up.

Gordon

(walks away from the terminal humming "Matchmaker, matchmaker, make me a match ...") :rolleyes:

[ February 10, 2002, 03:12 PM: Message edited by: Gordon ]

Originally posted by bfamily33:

Tom / Gordon:

I'm just being a wiseguy. Carry-on. Better yet, take a break a watch the games. Those UmberFinns just placed first and second in the Nordic Combine. I think that supports that other thread about them having two hearts not to mention two Olympic medals. :D

So am I. ;)

Gordon

bump

waiting for this mod has consumed my every thought and action. I spend my days wandering like a zombie yearning for the next moment that I have access to a PC so I can check "is it out yet?" Tonight at dinner I saw my peas on my white plate and I thought "ah ... green speckled snow." I come home from work, sit in my chair, and refresh Tom's page every 30 seconds until I fall asleep.

Or something. I'm actually playing DoD 2.0. Too many good games and mods coming out as of late - this is worse than Christmas! Rally Trophy, NASCAR 2000, just finished MoHAA, ARC Fatalis - when will the insanity end?!

[ February 15, 2002, 05:57 PM: Message edited by: murpes ]

Originally posted by PEIPER#1:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by murpes:

bump

waiting for this mod has consumed my every thought and action. I spend my days wandering like a zombie yearning for the next moment that I have access to a PC so I can check "is it out yet?" Tonight at dinner I saw my peas on my white plate and I thought "ah ... green speckled snow." I come home from work, sit in my chair, and refresh Tom's pafe every 30 seconds until I fall asleep.

Or something. I'm actually playing DoD 2.0. Too many good games and mods coming out as of late - this is worse than Christmas! Rally Trophy, NASCAR 2000, just finished MoHAA, ARC Fatalis - when will the insanity end?!

</font>

D.jpg

Ok , the LAST picture ( I promise smile.gif ) An alternative set of light winterized trees will be included in the files. That´s it...THE MOD is done !!! The beta test team will check the files ( around 8 MB ) and I will release the stuff on Monday or Thursday ( if the webspace is available in time ) Thanks for your great support.

Cheers

Tom

WOW

great

sometime this week?

you KNOW we will ALL be looking forward to it......

THANKS so much for all your hard work

with all the experience you have on making STUNNING winter scenary, MAYBE BTS will invite you to contribute to the beauty of CMBB ?????

I'm sure you must have some files, textures or at the VERY least modding experience on winter scenes that could come in handy.

Just a thought smile.gif

-tom w

Tom, hi,

I was fortunate enough to have been in the Ardennes between 16th-19th December this last year. The conditions were similar to those of the actual battle, -1C to -4C with light snow and mist. Your mod really does set new standards for realism. The above picture, with the mist, is “exactly” how is really looked. Short of being an actual photo, a mod could not be more realistic.

Congratulations.

All the best,

Kip.