Check Out the Computer Games Ad!

Battlefront.com took out a full page ad on page 37 of July's Computer Games magazine. Looks pretty spiffy, especially the new "screenshot?" for CMBB.

At the top of the ad it simply says, "Online purchase only...Download demos now!"

So I'm like trying to find the CMBB demo download page. . . :( :confused: redface.gif

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi,

If BTS are starting to put out ads for CMBB, that they know will be seen in June, then completion must be very close. They have all of us on the forum very well trained with the “it’s done when it’s done” rule. However, they would not commit to the wider world unless they were confident launch is very close. In my view. May just be being over optimistic.

My guess is that I will be playing CMBB, not just ordering it, in July.

All the best,

Kip.

from what i've heard of magazine ads, they are place months in advance of the release of whatever issue they're going to be in. often the advertiser is giving it's best guess that the game will be ready by the time the issue gets published. and many times they're wrong. so don't get your hopes up based on this ad...

(This all reminds me of the preCM:OB speculation but lets have some fun anyway)

I agree with you Kip. I know the new site has been under development for a very long time and if I remember correctly one of the things Matt was hired for was to build it.....SSSSSOOOOO....The new site would not have been launched until Matt knew he would have free time to fix any kinks in it because CM:BB had been shipped off gold and is being pressed as we speak and Charles is slapping together the demo as I type.......It sounds good doesn't it?

Originally posted by Michael emrys:

Nineteen days and counting...

:D

Michael

I agree - June 22 will be the day. I will be out of state on vacation -- I MUST make sure to checj in periodically to get my order in.

Steve

Stopped by the book store today just to peek at the ad, but was dismayed to find all the computer gaming magazines to be wrapped in plastic. It is a sad commentary on my life that the magazines I cannot view because they are wrapped in plastic are computer game-related.

bfcad.jpg

Here ya go, ya whiners! :D

Direct link if the pic doesn't show:

http://www.geocities.com/traveling_circus17/index.htm

Text on CMBB section reads:

* 3D graphics

* 3D sound

* Play 1941-1945

* 900+ historical units

* Full featured editor

* Unparalleled realism

* Endless replayability

Experience combat in a full 3D battlefield as tracers arc overhead and exploding shells shake the earth! Feel the tremendous power of the feared Russian Katyusha rocket barrage! Order a tank hunter team to assault a heavy KV-1 with Panzerfausts and magnetic mines in the ruins of a shattered city! A modern hybrid turn-based/realtime system combines with 3D lines of sight, misidentification of targets, location by sound, advanced armor penetration systems, morale and leadership, fire and smoke, wind and weather - and much more to bring you unprecedented realism from the people who revolutionized the wargaming genre!

[ June 03, 2002, 07:32 PM: Message edited by: Offwhite ]

Hey, is that the new splash screen on the right of the photo?

Sorta like the US tanks going past the dead Panther - they used THAT one for a magazine ad, too....

For the record, the backward R's and N's in the title look dorky.

[ June 03, 2002, 07:55 PM: Message edited by: Michael Dorosh ]

Surprising nobody mentioned that since the ad also features small items for TacOps, SC, and AA, the little "Download Demos" (Notice the plural) most likely is referring to those games. Sorry to throw in a big downer here. :(

* 3D graphics

* 3D sound

* Play 1941-1945

* 900+ historical units

* Full featured editor

* Unparalleled realism

* Endless replayability

* Swaying individually modeled leaves/branches.

* Realistic infantry hair with accurately portrayed dandruff.

Duuuuuh... humana-humana-humanaaaa. :eek: