Monday 23rd, who got theirs?

hobo

Originally posted by Nidan1:

Of course you do have to pay a small price for that ability. I have spent the last few days remodelling the bathroom, not taking showers, and eating out.

Huh? Price to pay? Sounds like Man Heaven, LOL. Always do the remodeling while the wife's away. If SheWhoMustBeObeyed is not around, you don't hear, "What a mess!" every 15 minutes. That prompts 20 minutes of clean up about 30 times during the project instead of 1 45 minute clean up at the end!

Enjoy the game when it gets there. Expect mine today in PA. smile.gif

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I should get mine today but the arrival time seems to be contingent on which mail person does the route.

The fat bastige guy sometimes doesn't make the delivery until nearly 5 PM occasionally. So I am going to make a case for a corollary to Murphy's Law in regards to waiting for a much anticipated package.

To ensure the success of this corollary, I have added the constant of me having a class from 6-10PM. My theory anticipates the mail arriving closer to 5PM than the noonish time from which I would gain joy and/or happiness.

Results pending.

BDH

Originally posted by Boo_Radley:

I'm in Ohio, so I hope to get it today.

Isn't there something the Federal Government can do to keep it out of Ohio altogether? I thought you were recently declared to be 'Baja Kentucky', and until the official revocation of statehood and integration into Kentucky had taken place, you folks have no official identity...

[ September 23, 2002, 12:56 PM: Message edited by: Seanachai ]

HERR OBURST

Sure, sure. When your country is so small that a little furry rodent can run from end to end in a single day, I would expect the post to arrive quickly... Perhaps that's the difference between a petite little island and a big honkin' continent.

Or could it be a little thing like efficiency that comes into the equation? ;)

Originally posted by daveiw:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr /> HERR OBURST

Sure, sure. When your country is so small that a little furry rodent can run from end to end in a single day, I would expect the post to arrive quickly... Perhaps that's the difference between a petite little island and a big honkin' continent.

Or could it be a little thing like efficiency that comes into the equation? ;) </font>

Originally posted by Seanachai:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by daveiw:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr /> HERR OBURST

Or could it be a little thing like efficiency that comes into the equation? ;) </font>

Notes on avoiding the "in-law" visiting "thing".

Item 1:

Work.

Work is the Great Salvation from in-laws. Arrange for some 'event' to interfere with your wife's travel plans to the "in laws". Be sure to get the travel request early, so you can plan a work 'item' to interfere.

Item 2.

Humor:

My mother in law hates my humor. Thus, whenever I have contact with her, I use my humor constantly. I have fewer and fewer encounters with her.

Item 3.

Proximity:

My Mother In Law Know it all (MILK) lives right next door to me, through the tree line. I find I see her less the closer I live to her, than when we lived hundreds of miles away. I attribute this to not having to take those special trips and having to stay at the MILK house.

Item 4.

Competence. Act like the dolt you KNOW her daughter married. As your utility to the MILK goes down, so does your presence with her.

Finally:

Be careful with the Marital Unit known as WIFE. You cannot ignore her wishes completely. Sometimes evasion is not possible.

After all, you do NOT want to change from being an in-law to an out-law.

All of the above is based on MY 11 years of marriage. Your mileage may vary, and you might even LIKE your in-laws.

Originally posted by Seanachai:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Boo_Radley:

I'm in Ohio, so I hope to get it today.

Isn't there something the Federal Government can do to keep it out of Ohio altogether? I thought you were recently declared to be 'Baja Kentucky', and until the official revocation of statehood and integration into Kentucky had taken place, you folks have no official identity...</font>

Originally posted by Big Dog:

The Saints beat Chicago and CMBB arrives in New Orleans!!!

Hopefully that's the only thing that's arriving. Isadore looking nastier and nastier...read that article saying if Isadore hit New Orleans that the city would be covered in 30,000 feet of water. :(

*Shudder*

Originally posted by Danzig:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Big Dog:

Hopefully that's the only thing that's arriving. Isadore looking nastier and nastier...read that article saying if Isadore hit New Orleans that the city would be covered in 30,000 feet of water. :(

*Shudder*</font>

Originally posted by Danzig:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Big Dog:

*Shudder*</font>