Announcing CMBB Distribution Details

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sod all that for a game of tin soldiers!

As a 'Forum Regular' (no matter how annoying), with a member number below 1500, I demand that BFC call me up personally several days before the release and discreetly take my credit card info and ship me the disc before the general announcement and all the unseemly screaming and flailing around begins.

Originally posted by Jussi Köhler:

Soooo, does this mean that I should set up my tent in front of my favourite game-store allready???

---Filling backpack with spam and beer---

You better also pack mace and a nightstick so you can ward off all the Swedes and Russians who come to a day trip and expect to get preferential treatment because they are tourists. :D

Originally posted by redwolf:

Announce tomorrow...

... that the game comes out November 30 :eek:

What could be more appropriate than the anniversary of the start or Winter War ? The anniversary of the start of operation Barbarossa ?

redface.gif

Moon: Does this mean that European players will not be able to order CMBB from the web? My previous experiences with CDV leads me to think that it will take some time for the game to reach Norway through the regular retail channels...

Originally posted by History Buff:

If it is soooo close, can someone from BTS or Battlefront state the final computer requirements? Pref. for Macintosh. I'm sweating here, cause all the upgrades from CMBO sound so large that I'm getting edgy over the entire thing.

I hope I am not breaking the NDA by telling you that it runs very well and looks great on my machine.

AGP G4/400, stock 16MB ATI Rage 128, 384MB RAM

Originally posted by Seanachai:

As a 'Forum Regular' (no matter how annoying), with a member number below 1500, I demand that BFC call me up personally several days before the release and discreetly take my credit card info and ship me the disc before the general announcement and all the unseemly screaming and flailing around begins.

I think you will find, somewhere in the extremely very fine indeed print, that the above sentence should read "with a member number below 1511" rather than your obviously silly suggestion of "1500".

The rest is spot on though. Even if I've found that a bit of screaming and flailing about is a good thing. Especially when it happens to other people.

Johan

btw: CM:BO is 8th place in CDV's Top 20 Bestsellers this June and was in 5th last month.

Good old engine is still running... smile.gif

...and no, they don't have CM:BB on their release date list yet :(

[ July 09, 2002, 07:41 AM: Message edited by: Ozzy ]

Originally posted by Moon:

From the news page...

07/08/02

... something, something, something ...

Combat Mission: Barbarossa to Berlin's release date will be announced very soon!

This announcement reminded me of a scene in "The Princess Bride". At the top of the Cliffs of Insanity, Vizzini cuts the rope, but the masked man doesn't fall. Vizzini exclaims, "He didn't fall? Inconceivable!" Inigo replies, "You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means."

I do not think "very soon" means what we think it means. :D

Guest Panzer Boxb

The term "very soon" could be construed as within the next 10,000 years in a geological context. :D

Hi MOON!

First of all - many greetings from Germany, Stuttgart.

It has been a long time, that i didn´t post anything here, but, as you all can see - a CMBO-Player will find back to the place where everything starts. (i remember the days, when CMBO was discussed in this great forum, when i was waiting like a little child to get he full version via Mail from USA.)

Well, CMBO didn´t vanish from my HD for all this time...and as i can see, CMBB will be released very soon - great news!

My question is - for further patches - will we, as european users, have to wait for localised patches, or will there be universal patches independet by localisation??

(Sorry, my english is not the best)

I don´t wanna wait every time, a knew patch comes out, for a localised version. If this is the case, i will order CMBB direct via Internet.

Dear Moon, it would be very kind to answer me - i´m looking forward to hear from you!;)))

Greatings to all here!

C'mon everybody, all together now !

Sojuz nerushimyi respublik svobodnyh splotila naveki Velikaja Rus./ Da zdravstvujet sozdannyi volei narodov, jedinyi, mogutsi, Sovetski Sojuz./ Slavsja, Otetsestvo nase svobodnoje, druzby narodov nadjoznyi oplot!/ Znamja covetskoje, znamja narodnoje pust ot pobedy k pobede vedjot !

Who guesses what this little piece of music is ?

To my fellow countrymen a little clue:

Suomenkielinen versio alkaa sanoilla:

Oi suuri ja mahtava Neuvostoliitto, sun synnytti valtava Venäjänmaa...

You should guess it, considering the latest piece of news !

(Sorry folks, but I'm a BIT excited about this, therefore I cannot be held responsible for my actions, such is the mental state I'm in...)

:D:D:D:D:D:D

I'm guessing 4-8 weeks for release. At least four because BFC will be kind enough not to overshadow the release of Strategic Command. It may slip a week or three past 8, but from all the heavy handed hints given by the CM luminaries I really doubt.

I'm off to the backcountry for hiking and fly fishing for a week, so I'm eagerly anticipating a release date when I return.

Originally posted by Geier:

I think you will find, somewhere in the extremely very fine indeed print, that the above sentence should read "with a member number below 1511" rather than your obviously silly suggestion of "1500".

Ahem. I believe you were both intending to use the number 1517 but there was an unfortunate coincidental slip of your digits on the keyboard. Correct?

On the shelves? ON THE SHELVES? In Sweden too? So we're going to have to go digging thru all the FPS games and other crud to find the last drooled over boxed copy of CMBB which everyone else and his uncle will be trying to get to first? Perkele!

I'd guess that there will have to be different patches for the different language versions of CMBB. But the biggest problem will probably actually be the issue of different copy protection schemes that CDV may require for their release. This will necessitate a different patch for the CDV release.

I'm not sure what the details of the patch releases will be. That is something that Moon may know about. The different language patches probably wouldn't be a big deal since there would probably be few text changes in most patches. But the copy protection differences may pose a problem - however all of the non-English language versions are going to be release by CDV as far as I can tell.