SNEAK PREVIEW

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Man oh man is this tempting. It's about 2 1/2 hours from Grand Rapids depending on the tail wind, I've got nothing to do, the wife doesn't mind, and there's nearly a full tank of gas in the new Saab.

I'd be the envy of thousands.

Please send me the address and I'll see how the back feels in the morning.

A generous offer of hospitality regardless.

BDH

Hmm, lets see, the boys are both in the Independance Day parade and then theres the park afterwards that I could dump them off at with some cash. That would buy me a few hours, but not enough.

I like the idea of the traveling roadshow, lets see a forty city tour starting with Chicago, then Grand Rapids, Detroit. winding its way east, south, west and back to Chicago. I can assure you we would all chip in to pay for your hotel room. A night in each city, all night party and then on your way again. Of course a few of us could be roadies to set up the equipment and become the experts on the software so a high quality demo could be done.

So what do you say?

Sorry I will not be able to attend, but I sure would like to. Maybe Barold713 will be kind enough to come back and enlighten me. Is video allowed? :D Thanks for the magnanimous offer Rune and BFC.

Originally posted by Rommel22:

SOMEONE TAKE A CAMERA!!!

Take pictures and someone write an AAR if you guys play a TCP/IP game! Please do! You can document the whole thing. I think that would work out for the people who can't attend and still feel like they got to see something.

So anyone going to do this?

Again, make an AAR of a game you guys play and someone take a camera and take pictures!!!

Verbal AAR, yep, Screenshots nope. Remember, there are surprises, and they will not be spilled by those who visit. smile.gif

Remember, nothing may be said unless I approve. smile.gif Not censoring, but there are cool things that are to be a surprise. smile.gif

Rune

Originally posted by rune:

Verbal AAR, yep, Screenshots nope. Remember, there are surprises, and they will not be spilled by those who visit. smile.gif

Remember, nothing may be said unless I approve. smile.gif Not censoring, but there are cool things that are to be a surprise. smile.gif

Rune

Ooo, I like surprises!

Originally posted by Michael Dorosh

quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Originally posted by tabpub:

Rune, you are diabolical. The 4th of all days. Is this to make up for the fact that NO ONE brought a laptop to the meeting in Schaumburg? I know my wife and I are going out that day, but maybe it will be later in the day... I will try to move heaven and earth to be there, other wise it will be just you and Berli. I wish it could be Sat. as my beloved will be out of town and I am a free agent(so to speak). If I can't make it, say hi to Chuck and Berli and anyone else that makes it.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Why not just email him to say you will be there, get his address, and then show up when you damn well please?

Why yes, I too happen to live but blocks from you. Might I have your address as well? If I get there early don't worry...I will let myself in. :D

This is truly the most evil and wicked post I have ever seen on this forum....cuz I live in CA. :(

Ladies and Gentlemen,

The computer are fired up, the beer is int he refrigerator, I am cleaning the house so soon, very soon after they taek a look, will have them post their opinions so you may drool. [Not responsible for keyboards]

Rune

Originally posted by rune:

Ladies and Gentlemen,

The computer are fired up, the beer is int he refrigerator, I am cleaning the house so soon, very soon after they taek a look, will have them post their opinions so you may drool. [Not responsible for keyboards]

Rune

You Sir!

You are a Diabolical Sadistic Monster! :mad:

grr.....

I hope all those who participate can give us some DETAILS

Will you let them talk about Extreme FOW????

enquiring minds want to know

Maybe you/they could just shoot and post some digital pictures of the "gang" you know, the guys and the back of the moniter or laptop (you know, the computer set-up) that are playing, without giving away any screen shots???

-tom w

[ July 04, 2002, 09:41 AM: Message edited by: aka_tom_w ]

Guest Panzer Boxb

*sniff* I wanna see it too! Anyone in New Hampshire/Northern Mass willing to "demo" the game? smile.gif

Hi again. Would you please forward me your address? I wasn't kidding when I posted last night.

I live northside and would love to stop by for a little while today if it's not too out of the way. Would you please send me your address? I can get a map from mapquest.

Scott Karch

skarch@mac.com or

scott@karchfamily.com

[ July 04, 2002, 10:09 AM: Message edited by: karch ]

Originally posted by Halfdane:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Michael Dorosh

quote:

Originally posted by tabpub:

Rune, you are diabolical. The 4th of all days. Is this to make up for the fact that NO ONE brought a laptop to the meeting in Schaumburg? I know my wife and I are going out that day, but maybe it will be later in the day... I will try to move heaven and earth to be there, other wise it will be just you and Berli. I wish it could be Sat. as my beloved will be out of town and I am a free agent(so to speak). If I can't make it, say hi to Chuck and Berli and anyone else that makes it.

Why not just email him to say you will be there, get his address, and then show up when you damn well please?

Why yes, I too happen to live but blocks from you. Might I have your address as well? If I get there early don't worry...I will let myself in. :D

:( </font>

Originally posted by Pvt. Ryan:

For those of us who can't attend, look on the bright side - CMBB must be pretty damn close to completion if they are letting people have a look at it.

Um I'm sorry to say but your statement seems to be contradicted somewhat by MadMatt's last Proclamation:

Topic: CMBB release date

kmead

Member # 756

posted July 03, 2002 09:53 PM

Ok here is my take on a release date for CMBB:

July 17 at the Macworld Expo in NY.

I can see it now, Steve Jobs welcoming Steve, Charles and Matt to the stage (Matt will be there to hold

back the throngs of CM well wishers and groupies) to demo the just released CMBB a simultaneous

MacOS and MSW release; and of course its made on a Mac and ported to MSW....

OK so maybe not, but it seemed like a nice dream....

--------------------

Karl Mead

IP: Logged

Madmatt

Administrator

Member # 332

posted July 04, 2002 01:23 PM

I think I am going to just start locking these threads up whenever I see one.

Honestly, when the time is right you will all know what the release date will be.

The time aint right yet.

Madmatt

--------------------

If it's in Combat Mission, it's on Combat Mission HQ!

Combat Mission HQ

Host of the Combat Mission WebRing

Originally posted by Michael Dorosh:

Oh, and whoever does turn up be sure and write down the phone number so those of us who aren't able to make it can call up and ask CMBB questions.

How about a conference call during the playathon?

YEAH!

Who's there now?

Why aren't they posting here?

Whats that number for that conference call?

How about 2:30 EST for the conference call??

Where's the comments?

Who has a "First Impression" to share?

Speak-up you guys, there are a least a few of you at Rune's place by now! smile.gif

What did he do, Make you ALL sign Non Disclosure Agreements before you could see the CMBB work in Progress latest build?

-tom w

[ July 04, 2002, 01:57 PM: Message edited by: aka_tom_w ]