SNEAK PREVIEW

OK Chicago area cmbbers. I don't expect much on such short notice, but have been given the green light by the guys of BFC.

So, tomorrow, July 4th, you have nothing to do, and the wife wants to get rid of you...if you are bored...you can come to the Casa de Rune to get a sneak preview of CMBB.

What this entails. A trip into the city, Spatan beer, Pilsner Beer, Fosters Beer, and a few games of CMBB.

What I expect. To agree to talk about the game in general terms to the users here. You cannot say things I specifically tell you no to, nor can you get specific on units and stage of completion on units. However, you can talk about gameplay, and two player play.

What to expect: Will be home with two dogs, so you better like dogs. Also since wife is working and kids are out of town, please excuse the mess from the bachelor.

Let me know who is interested here, and I will send you my address and driving instructions if need be. Time from say 11 AM til 4-5 PM. I have 2 computers on a network, so expect tcp/ip play.

Before anyone else asks, no, this is not a reoccuring thing, nor will it be done in another city.

Rune

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by rune:

OK Chicago area cmbbers. I don't expect much on such short notice, but have been given the green light by the guys of BFC.

So, tomorrow, July 4th, you have nothing to do, and the wife wants to get rid of you...if you are bored...you can come to the Casa de Rune to get a sneak preview of CMBB.

What this entails. A trip into the city, Spatan beer, Pilsner Beer, Fosters Beer, and a few games of CMBB.

What I expect. To agree to talk about the game in general terms to the users here. You cannot say things I specifically tell you no to, nor can you get specific on units and stage of completion on units. However, you can talk about gameplay, and two player play.

What to expect: Will be home with two dogs, so you better like dogs. Also since wife is working and kids are out of town, please excuse the mess from the bachelor.

Let me know who is interested here, and I will send you my address and driving instructions if need be. Time from say 11 AM til 4-5 PM. I have 2 computers on a network, so expect tcp/ip play.

Before anyone else asks, no, this is not a reoccuring thing, nor will it be done in another city.

Rune

WHAT??!!!

Holy ****, What kind of an evil, twisted drug induced CMBB pre-addiction trick is this.....?

Thats about a ten hour drive from Toronto ONE WAY

and Guess What! July 4 is NOT a holiday in Canada

wait...let me see, if I call in Sick, DRIVE all Day I can get there for Thurs evening, so can I spend the night, how about it?

Oh wait, then I have to call in sick on Thurs and drive all the way back! grrrr!

Hold on While I check Expedia.com for flights from Toronto to Chicago ;) !!

Damn this is a ugh! I don't know what (insert profanity HERE!) oh fer F#@& sakes!

-tom W

[ July 03, 2002, 04:05 PM: Message edited by: aka_tom_w ]

I second Holien's request.

Come on - a little even handedness here. And what about the "special relationship"?

PS Holien, if you're still up for a PBEM with a newby (to PBEM's not CM) perhaps you could email me, as I don,t have your email.

Woo hoo! Am definitely interested, Rune, although will have to clear it with the spouse this evening. Was planning on heading into the city anyway tomorrow, so should be able to figure out a way to get an hour or so at the Casa. Thanks and kudos for setting this one up.

Originally posted by rune:

Rune

I got a keg of Ice Cold Oberdorfer ready to go. Care to bring your little shindig down south a ways? You can even bring the dogs.

Spanish Bombs,

Will be sending ya the addy. An hour or so will help out.

Others...sorry, altho I can be bribed, it would take one heck of a bribe. smile.gif Hmm... I do like the airfare to Australia...hehehehehe

Rune

SOMEONE TAKE A CAMERA!!!

Take pictures and someone write an AAR if you guys play a TCP/IP game! Please do! You can document the whole thing. I think that would work out for the people who can't attend and still feel like they got to see something.

So anyone going to do this?

Rune, you are diabolical. The 4th of all days. Is this to make up for the fact that NO ONE brought a laptop to the meeting in Schaumburg? I know my wife and I are going out that day, but maybe it will be later in the day...<hope, plead, whimper, grovel, offer her more shopping money,etc> I will try to move heaven and earth to be there, other wise it will be just you and Berli. I wish it could be Sat. as my beloved will be out of town and I am a free agent(so to speak). If I can't make it, say hi to Chuck and Berli and anyone else that makes it.

Originally posted by aka_tom_w:

Thats about a ten hour drive from Toronto ONE WAY

and Guess What! July 4 is NOT a holiday in Canada

wait...let me see, if I call in Sick, DRIVE all Day I can get there for Thurs evening, so can I spend the night, how about it?

-tom W

Well, I'm only 30 minutes north of T.O. Let's split the gas and the driving. smile.gif

Jason

Originally posted by tabpub:

Rune, you are diabolical. The 4th of all days. Is this to make up for the fact that NO ONE brought a laptop to the meeting in Schaumburg? I know my wife and I are going out that day, but maybe it will be later in the day...<hope, plead, whimper, grovel, offer her more shopping money,etc> I will try to move heaven and earth to be there, other wise it will be just you and Berli. I wish it could be Sat. as my beloved will be out of town and I am a free agent(so to speak). If I can't make it, say hi to Chuck and Berli and anyone else that makes it.

Why not just email him to say you will be there, get his address, and then show up when you damn well please? :confused: :confused: :confused: