What u want to see in CMX2

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The ability to use paratroops, pick a drop zone before the battle and have the game engine randomly drop them to the spot marked or not,

That way you could have a good drop like in Holland, where the majority landed where they were supposed to, and you could have the randomness that was the case during Overlord, when airborne units were scattered every where. actually seeing the troopers coming out of the sky would be totally cool, ;)

Guest Sgt. Emren

* More resources.

* Hero units, maybe like a RPG.

* A campaign, where your Heroes can gain levels and access secret weapons.

* Rocket packs.

* An 'Easy' mode, where your side is more invulnerable.

WHEN IS IT COMING OUT, HUH?!?!?!?!?

1-To save my "battlegroup" that survive the scenario for another scenario.

I could play a few scenarios in Tunissia and later with the same "battlegroup" I could play other scenarios in Sicily, and after that in Italy.

It only need a file for save the units ,

that you can re-take and add to another scenario (with the limit of the points of the next scenario). It could be fantastic for the QUICK BATTLES or other scenarios.

I think this can not to be difficult for programmers.

2-A pre-made HTLM-web for add turns, scenarios ,battles or campaigns:

I do not know anything about programming ,but if the developers can add an easy way to up an interactive web, I think people (as me) can make scenarios or campaigns or done turns to download and play from internet: with photos , MAPS , historical context,time-line interactive, Forum, etc.

In other words , not only a form to present your work in an attractive form. I say a new form of interactive communication and play with the people from internet but different from PBEM.

3-Improve the graphics of infantry please.

[ July 19, 2004, 01:44 PM: Message edited by: Halberdiers ]

Originally posted by willbell:

If I see one more fricking complaint about the 3D resolution in CMAK, where there are hundreds of infantry and dozens of vehicles and tanks in a battle, compared to the models and resolution of those stupid WWII FPSs with a couple of dozen and men maybe ten tanks, I'm going to scream. I am going to throw Europa's fireballs into all your games, I'm going to write hundreds of posts about eating oily sardines and sour ham on Saturday and Sunday morning so all you sots blow chuncks on your keyboards. I'm going to meet your wives and girlfriends at supermarket fruit sections, seduce them, then on my way out tell them that you are doing their grandfathers. I'm going send you all Pokeman for Christmas. I'm going to start posting rumors that Hitler is still alive, the Italians really won WWII, Elvis was a spy for the Serbs. And, I will answer ten times to each technical question about WWII equipment with long, boring, detailed, yet ultimately pointless diatribes so that you get lost and start weeping every time you just want to find out what caliber of shell you are getting your butt whipped with.

So Be Warned!!!!

Or I might just complain to BF.

Perhaps you don't understand. I want to see ALL of my 500+ soldiers in my batallion!

I want to see the runners of my battalion HQ recieve their orders and then actually run to the company HQ's etc. etc.

Originally posted by junk2drive:

i want to see i before e except after c

and too with two o's when appropriate.

I'd like to see lose spelled properly, and not spelled as loose. It would also be nice to see you're used instead of your, when the person means you are.

dunno looks like Panzergrenadiers to me...

I realize that some of the necks look odd, that's a limitation of the Operation Flashpoint engine.

BTW Operation Flashpoint has small islands of 12x12km as the 'maps', it's definetly not a shoebox game smile.gif Infact there are some community modifications that allow you to control a company with a modified radio interface, but it's really clunky.

Operation Flashpoint isn't a run and gun game like MOHAA, if you try to be rambo in OFP you'll get shot really fast smile.gif Unfortunately it's an infantry simulator first, armor takes a big backseat, they're horribly difficult to control easily and they have a hitpoint model :/

[ July 20, 2004, 01:03 AM: Message edited by: Denwad ]

Operation Flashpoint. THE BEST GAME EVER. no if`s but`s or anything else for that matter. They need to release a new 1 as its old now, but its by far the best game ive ever played. And armour learn to use them TOW`s on bmp`s or M2, easy when you can do that. (tip for you who still play it). Get high in bmp/M2 point weapon high into air, go to commaners seat, lock onto targets and fire or scroll ur mouse across the horizon, it picks up things 1000`s meters off and lock fire smile.gif make sure weapon is high to clear trees` building etc and it comes down onto the weaker turett armour)

Sorry you hardcore CM fans for this outburst but i felt the need smile.gif

[ July 20, 2004, 05:23 AM: Message edited by: Spears ]

1. 3D trenches, fox holes and improved positions, please, please! The grunts should be graphically hidden, like the tank commanders emerging from their turrets.

2. a prone firing position for infantry not in foxholes, etc.

3. better infantry modeling in general

4. faster crunch times for larger scenarios

Originally posted by EarlofWarwick:

1. 3D trenches, fox holes and improved positions, please, please! The grunts should be graphically hidden, like the tank commanders emerging from their turrets.

2. a prone firing position for infantry not in foxholes, etc.

Wouldn't that make it a tad difficult to actually PLAY the game if you couldn't see your men in trenches and foxholes unless you peeked in?

Would it suffice if we just had poetry by Seanachai?

I want an intermediate stage in QB for purchasing troops, between Human only and Random (AI) only. I want to be able to spend some of my points and let the AI buy randomly with the remaining points, for both sides.

Quite often when playing against the AI, I would like to fight against some specific equipments whithout having to purchase everything for AI side, which prevents any type of surprise.

That's for AI units. Now with respect to buying units for myself, well, I usually enjoy playing with random ones but sometimes I would like to be able to say "okay, I will fight this battle with any possible configuration but please give me at least one PaK 40 - and not only Inf Coy and Armored Cars as usual." :rolleyes:

Representation of ready rounds would be nice - not all of a T34s stack-o'-shells are immediately available.

Capacity of weapons to fire at different rates - i.e. sustained and intense rates.

Weapon over-heat, featuring things such as barrel change or change in firing rate when necessary. Naturally, some weapons (Vickers, Maxim) will accumulate heat much slower than others (MG34/42)

Originally posted by Denwad:

oh yeah

[Ãœber pic]

push it BFC, you know you want to. ;)

* photo courtesy of Jojimbo at www.inv44.com

NOOOOOOO!!!

Think for us humble low-enders! The ones whom can only afford a 500 mHz computer that we got back in 2000! Those who must despair whenever the newest game comes out- and the "minimum requirements" require a processor that runs 700 mHz-1+ gHz. Do not leave us behind! True, we may not be able to afford a $2,000 brand-new computer, but we can afford a $30 game. Please, please, I humbly beg and entreat you, Battlefront.com, for the love of God, man and World War II, DO NOT ABANDON US 500MHZ COMPUTER USERS!!!

You can see I have an opinion on this subject. smile.gif

God bless,

"Publius Cornelius Patton"

THE ABILITY TO CHOOSE WHICH PLATOON/CO UNIT YOUR SUPPORT WEAPONS ARE ATTACHED TO.

ie when your silly platoon moves past your mortars, they stop firing because hes in command of them now, not that section hq who can see mutipule targets on green fields. .. grrrrrr very frustrating

Originally posted by Denwad:

^ dude BFC can't support ancient technology anymore!

seriously dude, upgrade! www.Ibuypower.com

you don't have to spend 2000 dollars!!! you can get a decent comp for ~700

BFC does support ancient technology. TacOps (which BFC still makes and supports) is still able to run on a PowerMac with MacOs 8.5. Not to mention you only need at least 300 mHz or so to run it. smile.gif

Sure, I'd upgrade to a newer, more powerful Mac in a heartbeat, it's just that I...can't...afford...it.

So, I humbly ask Battlefront to keep us (relatively) low-enders in mind. smile.gif

God bless,

"Publius Cornelius Patton"

A more realisic rate of fire and hit accuracy. I have noticed that the rate of fire doesnt change even if the firer or target is stationary or moving. Example: A stationary M5 stuart will fire every five seconds or so against a stationary or moving target. A moving M5 will also fire every 5 seconds at a stationary or moving target. I think the rate of fire should be reduced alittle giving the above circumstances.