What u want to see in CMX2

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I suspect CMX2 is going to be OSX-friendly (and System 9 unfriendly?). I look at my ooooold system 9 G3 and think the ONLY thing it can't do is run the latest games. That's a thin reason to spend big bucks on a new PC, but what's a guy to do?.

[ July 14, 2004, 11:13 AM: Message edited by: MikeyD ]

MikeyD there are ways around it. You can do what I did and stick a lovely little 1.2Ghz G4 card in your machine as long as its a G3 tower that is. :D That should give the old beast a kick. Put a new Video card in there too and you spend maybe $800-900 Dollars (Cdn, and I don't know how much it would be in US funds) tops.

Hmmm. I think in CMX2 I would like to see more Yacinator, but possibly a 'Yacinator Lite' version, that is less filling. But we should also have an option for mock-Yacinator for those who are Yacinator intolerant or sensitive. Probably this mock-Yacinator can be made out of tofu and various herbs.

I think it would be a great immersion enhancer if scenario designers could invoke some sort of rename command for HQs, squad and team leaders. We've already seen the modders swap the pictures out, but my idea would potentially allow the production of scenarios with the names matching the historical accounts. You would have a platoon HQ called Audie Murphy or a 442 RCT (Nisei) unit with, say, a Sgt. Munemori running it instead of Sgt. Koslowski. As for the M-16 (quad 50) and M-17 (37mm + 2 50s) GMCs, they're in the game already.

Regards,

John Kettler

Originally posted by John Kettler:

I think it would be a great immersion enhancer if scenario designers could invoke some sort of rename command for HQs, squad and team leaders. We've already seen the modders swap the pictures out, but my idea would potentially allow the production of scenarios with the names matching the historical accounts.

John Kettler

Eh? What are you on about, John? So far as I know, scenario designers already have the ability to rename units.

Can't tell you how many times I've been emailed by someone gleefully telling me how they killed 'Sergeant' or 'Corporal' Seanachai in their last game...

Yes, that was the Gunfight 1881 (or sumfink) by Hans. Damn him, had to go all the way. Now my puny little scenario where you get to kill me, Andreas and ParaBellum, has no worth whatsoever.

Hmm, maybe if I added a certain Efreiter Seanachaikovsky to the Russian side... that might make it 33% more interesting!

1. When I click on an enemy unit, I want to see the words 'Taking Cover' on the unit screen if that unit is doing so. It can be very tedious to go to view one or two for every unit to see if they've gone to ground, especially in a large battle.

2. I would like to have the AI set up my units, with the option to change anything I want. This would be useful on defense, as the AI takes advantage of the true terrain, not the abstraction we see on the map. The AI can be quite adept at placing MGs and field artillery.

Originally posted by Sanok:

1. When I click on an enemy unit, I want to see the words 'Taking Cover' on the unit screen if that unit is doing so.

Like so many other 'suggestions' in this thread, that is already in the game.

I would love to see "trusted email" as an option.

I would like to have some sort of 3+ player option, especially TCP/IP, for playing at once, even on some less than historically correct options (Patton plus Germans vs. Russians smile.gif )

I still believe that operations could work better as far as the starting line on subsequent games.

But all in all kudos to battlefront!

* Individual soldiers modelled, each one with his own morale/intelligence (see:Close Combat series) with the option to toggle the regular 3 soldier graphic, as to spare the troglodites

I say intelligence because in CC i was very frustrated with idle soldiers. If the leader is still alive *all* the soldiers in the squad should attempt to fire on the enemy.

* After a battle/operation have the option to save it as a movie

such as the ability to render it in ultra-highres graphics

* Include kickass special effects for said movies

[ July 15, 2004, 05:54 PM: Message edited by: Denwad ]

The Yahoos on this thread have no idea what is actually realistic when it comes to programing. Here is what I would like to see.

Cows mooing on the sound track.

Dead cows and horses.

A mess hall where your troops can pick up extra energy points.

Chickens running around in case the troops can't get to the mess hall.

Little sailboats that are randomly scattered on bodies of water and can be use by troops lucky enough to run across them.

Prostitutes.

Some homes might still have a family in them where troops can get meals in case they cant' get to the mess hall.

An option to play a what if game with Napoleonic Cuirassiers, Civil War veterans etc.

A what if option where you can design your own tank for a battle. Maybe with laser canons?

Each building should have it's own unique layout and texture, and an option in the editor to design your own european stone building.

An option which will automatically build a city to match arial JPEGs. I'm pretty sure this shouldn't be to difficult.

An option in the editor where you can build a whole battle, or war, and 20 or 30 people can play at the same time.

A script that allows you to play on a wide screen.

A version with a lot higher resolution and a bunch of extras for people that have access to super computers.

The possibility that opposing units got into some booze and loose cohesion.

A button that lets you alter the AAR in case it is really embarrassing.

A larger variety of hats.

A little closet at the back of some of the rooms (in the houses with complete detailed interiors) where if you go through the back you come out in a different game published by Sierra.

I'd like to see the basic 20 meter terrain piece reduced to a 5m or even 1m terrain piece. To work along side the new terrain piece, many more elevation levels...perhaps out to 50 or so. Also a new elevation mode of 1 foot changes in elevation. (Super gentle? Realistic)

The ability for infantry to use small folds in the ground as actual cover. Ability for infantry to use stone walls\sandbags as actual cover.

Overhead cover for foxholes.

Free up the sandbags! Ability to place sandbags as fortifications and not terrain types.

MANY more terrain tiles\types...several types of the same tile. i.e. 3 or 4 different "Woods" tiles, building types, fences, etc...

Partisans\Collaborators\crazy bedouin tribes\etc...

Ability to script custom actions\events into battles and operations. (Can you imagine the possibilities of this? *Salivate*)

Actual airborne drops? Realtime lol...oh the fun you could have. haha

OSS\SaS\Whatever the Germans and Russians called their "Black ops" troops.

Ability to rearm or call for ammo in a battle.

GOD\Spectator mode to watch the Ai fight itself or watch 2 players as they fight.

I'm sure they've all been mentioned before but that's my .02

[ July 15, 2004, 06:58 PM: Message edited by: Iron_Duke ]

Originally posted by JonS:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Sanok:

1. When I click on an enemy unit, I want to see the words 'Taking Cover' on the unit screen if that unit is doing so.

Like so many other 'suggestions' in this thread, that is already in the game. </font>

Heroes that gain extra abilities over a scenario like casting fireballs, calling down thunder and walking on water. Cannon towers, suicide bombers and dogs. Briefcase nukes and trees falling on troops, breaking their legs but not killing them. And then maybe a medic comes running inside a power shield that the hero has put on him but the opponents hero uses a counter spell and then the medic gets killed by a burning tree.

The world simulator comes closer!

If I see one more fricking complaint about the 3D resolution in CMAK, where there are hundreds of infantry and dozens of vehicles and tanks in a battle, compared to the models and resolution of those stupid WWII FPSs with a couple of dozen and men maybe ten tanks, I'm going to scream. I am going to throw Europa's fireballs into all your games, I'm going to write hundreds of posts about eating oily sardines and sour ham on Saturday and Sunday morning so all you sots blow chuncks on your keyboards. I'm going to meet your wives and girlfriends at supermarket fruit sections, seduce them, then on my way out tell them that you are doing their grandfathers. I'm going send you all Pokeman for Christmas. I'm going to start posting rumors that Hitler is still alive, the Italians really won WWII, Elvis was a spy for the Serbs. And, I will answer ten times to each technical question about WWII equipment with long, boring, detailed, yet ultimately pointless diatribes so that you get lost and start weeping every time you just want to find out what caliber of shell you are getting your butt whipped with.

So Be Warned!!!!

Or I might just complain to BF.