What u want to see in CMX2

1. Being able to see the map in a QB before purchasing units.

2. Make CMX2 cover all WW2 theaters and put it on 1 huge DVD.

3. Horses!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. Fortified infantry fighting positions (whatever) that infantry can go into. It's basicaly like a "pillbox" only infantry can "embark" it and fight from there. There they are protected from enemy fire. They also pick up ammunition and grenades or AT weapons.

5. Allow player to controll airplanes.

6. Make trenches 3D so they are an actual hole in the ground. Same for foxholes.

yeah...

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A little "Winston Chruchill" unit. (Regular, With a +4 command and morale bonus!!!)

Stockpiles of cheeses. (with automatic 300pt flags)

Little radios and grammaphones.

Individual footprints of all units, so you can track the enemy into the woods.

Originally posted by Lucho:

guard dogs!

Been playing a bit of Wolfenstein, have we? smile.gif

Well, I'd like to see the entire Western Theater (France/Germany and Italy... just let me play as the Americans and I'll be fine smile.gif )

I'd like to see an option to make you own infantry units, using the known WW2 weapons. For example, you could make an infantry squad with Garands, Thompsons and Bren LMGs. Or an all-BAR squad (that could be possible). Of course, the historical infantry units would be hard-wired so you could not temper with those.

Another thing I'd like to see it the ability to make a multi-square building. Yes, I know you can "simulate" such a thing by making many "large buildings" together but instead of going through one building to another, a squad will go out (making him exposed to outside fire) of the building, walk a little, and then go into the bulding, where it may be promply slaughted by an enemy unit in said building.

If they do the Western/N.Afirca/Italian Front, I hope that Pershings, and King Tigers are included.

I'd also love to see the Tetrarch and the M22 Locust tanks in there. (Go Airborne Armor! smile.gif )

Oh, and one last thing. I know that a lot of people want Battlefront to "push the envelope," and I have to say, DON'T! I've got a 500 mHz iMac from 2000, and given my financial conditions I probably won't be buying another one soon, so please let us "low-enders" play CMX2 in a good and reasonable manner.

My $0.02 for now.

God bless,

"Publius Cornelius Patton"

Originally posted by Publius Cornelius Patton:

Another thing I'd like to see it the ability to make a multi-square building. Yes, I know you can "simulate" such a thing by making many "large buildings" together but instead of going through one building to another, a squad will go out (making him exposed to outside fire) of the building, walk a little, and then go into the bulding, where it may be promply slaughted by an enemy unit in said building.

Why would a unit go outside the building and then go back into it in another place when it would be safer to just use internal hallways? :confused:

Maybe but it sounds more like he wants factory like buildings, but where you still have to go outside between them. What he said is little confussing. He does say he wants them to go outside rather than just through the two of them which led to my first reply.

1. cows

2. horses (for the germans)

3. telephone poles

4. more building types

5. corn fields

6. civilians

7. cheaper artillery

8. internal building movement

9. units that don't run toward the enemy when they freak out

10. parachute flares (for night fighting)

and one of those four .50 AA thingees for the allies (the chopper!)
The US had the M16 HalfTrack with four 50 calibur guns on it. It was basically an Anti Aircraft version of the M3 Troop Carrier. Some versions had an additional 50 cal mounted on the front of the vehicle for protection from the ground units. Is this what you are talking about?

(YAY! MY First post on Military History!!!)

I would like to see the following:-

1) Mechanical problems with vehicles - could make things very interesting for both players.

2) Optional rulesets.

3) Built-in mod editor similar to the scenario editor maybe?

4) Follow vehicle command.

5) Infantry and vehicle formation commands.

6) Full movie play-back.

7) Distinction between commonwealth accents - at present in CMAK, they all have English accents.

8) A little more humour.

9) Winter textures - please!

10) Booby-traps - oh the possibilities!

I could probably mention more with a little extra thought, but this will suffice for now.

The Krummlauf attachment for the Sturmgewehr 44 so my troopies can shoot around corners.

Medical Research Council body armour for Commonwealth infantry.

More types of cheese than have ever been modelled before.

JonS' head on a pike in front of my 25 pounder battery.

Poetry. Lots and lots of poetry. By Seanachai.

An all-Kitty all-the-time screensaver.