Throw Us a Bone!!

Zemke

From the looks of the rapidly expanding number of BFC forums ("Down in Flames", "Dangerous Waters", etc.) it appears that the company's small staff hasn't exactly made the release of the final CMAK patch their #1 priority. Lets hope they find an opening in their busy schedules to at last put the final finishing touches to CMAK before moving on to bigger and better things.

The Australian DoD version of CMAK is long finished. The new forums here draw no resources away from CMAK or CMX2, because the games are not programmed by BFC staff.

The CMAK patch is not delayed due to other priorities, but is in fact fully on schedule. We never meant to release it quickly (but instead wanted to make sure that it's the last patch, and addresses all major outstanding issues), and despite numerous calls to do so we have not changed our schedule one bit.

And in case you're interested, that schedule calls for Charles to finish a first few milestones for the new CMX2 engine before putting the final touches on the patch. Then some more testing, then finally release. As far as I'm aware, we're in that final testing stage currently.

Martin

Oh! I had asked that question on another forum, but BFC is NOT now feverishly drawing PC Orion skins for 'Dangerous Waters"? I was looking at your expanding product list and was imagining the poor overworked BFC lackys laboring 20 hrs a day and sleeping under their desks. I was becoming concerned for your health!

Originally posted by Flammenwerfer:

This qualifies as a bone.

http://diygames.com/index.php?p=657&more=1

At first I couldn't tell if it was an April fools joke. "Charles will be construcing a celestial model to accurately position the stars.".

I guess he has to have some eye-candy fun, but I hope borg spotting, command mechanics and TaCAI are getting as much attention!

GaJ.

I would be content to know if the coding and planning of the game has reached a point where our genius suggestions are a complete waste of typing energy.

Is BFC still constructing the graphical world with gameplay and interface yet to come, or has the game plan been laid out in (semi-permanent) stone?

My guess is that work is currently proceeding on the graphics engine. A lot of the AI and internal game-play mechanics (spotting, etc.) probably have yet to be coded up or even started upon.

Revolutionary work takes quite a bit of time to do properly. For those of us who are severely jaded it may not be considered revolutionary, but it is definitely that in context of the CM series and computer wargaming in general.