The passion of the Peng Challenge

Mace

Originally posted by Lars:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by dalem:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Joe Shaw:

Tell you what, send me a setup and I may overlook it this time.

I am truly honored but with this ROW thing I have about 12 or 13 games going right now. I think I will have to pass with thanks. </font>

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by dalem:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Lars:

I am truly honored but with this ROW thing I have about 12 or 13 games going right now. I think I will have to pass with thanks. </font>

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Lars:

Joe, the last time we played a game it took you 8 months and 25 turns to surrender in a game that you'd lost on turn 5. On what could I possibly be missing out?

Tell you what, Sparky - tonight I'll trim a toenail REAL short - you know, that short where you're made aware of how overly-short you cut it every time you put on a sock, or worse yet, catch the corner on a snag or stub it or something - and over the time it takes to grow back I will imagine I'm playing a game of CM against you.

That should give me about the same a) feeling, and B) satisfaction.

Joe, the last time we played a game it took you 8 months and 25 turns to surrender in a game that you'd lost on turn 5. On what could I possibly be missing out?

Tell you what, Sparky - tonight I'll trim a toenail REAL short - you know, that short where you're made aware of how overly-short you cut it every time you put on a sock, or worse yet, catch the corner on a snag or stub it or something - and over the time it takes to grow back I will imagine I'm playing a game of CM against you.

That should give me about the same a) feeling, and B) satisfaction.

Works for me ... the important thing is that you're uncomfortable.

Joe

Originally posted by rune:

NG Cavscout ,

Oh ye of disappearing fame. I am in the midst of creating evil so horrible, that it could melt the prcessor of Joebob new XT computer.

It features Kiwis [without sheep], explody things, crunchie things, flamey things, more explody things, Pommies, Germans, Italy, and April of 1945. It has evolved greatly since seen by the likes of Lars , mnore then can be said of the wafflers .

However, since you are a part of House Rune , dedicated to get Joebob a personal visit from Bauhaus , you may approach him and I will send the scenario to melt his computer. Arise my Knigget, and smithe Joebob , and smithe his often. A speeding ticket for him would be nice too.

Rune

"serious"

I shall explain my disappearance later, I don't feel up to it right now.

"serious"

I love smiting people with two first names. Joebob has such a missing tooth, country friendly ring to it. What do you say to someone named Joebob? "Look half wit, some unsupervised pigs, lubed up and ready for some lovin'!!!" That should bring him running. I will let him slide on the speeding ticket though, there are some big words on the form, and we don't want to over strain his mental faculties now do we?

Where is sirreal? Half price day at the sauna? Reindeer in need of some good loving? Meatballs left unnamed and unfondled?

Originally posted by Joe Shaw:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Berlichtingen:

but since when have we ever trusted rune?

Never? Was that a trick question? </font>

Originally posted by Speedy:

Go the Dons!!

Yeh, go them with a big pointy stick.

Originally posted by Kitty:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Speedy:

Here's a real team

075614ah.gif

Yes, that's what I said. ;) </font>

For Boo, anything more complicated than keeping drool off of his chin is a trick.

WOW! ZING! You certainly nailed me with that devastating rejoinder! I am sorely wounded by your rapier like wit!

So tell me, Shecky. Are you getting all your dialogue from "1,001 Nasty Things to Think to Yourself When Someone Cuts In Line Ahead of You at the Jello Table in the Retirement Home for the Chronically Dull-Witted", you toad?

Well to hell with you sirrah! I shall not be treated in such a tawdry fashion by the likes of YOU ... I've sent a setup to Lars ... hmmm, this may be the first time we've actually played since ... did you get to play Jabo! with me?

Hmm, Jabos might be even more fun in the desert.

Then again, Shaw would consider 500 flamethrower teams in tinder dry brush with a high wind fun too.

Wonder if Shaw is as good at ambush markers as he is with TRP's?

Originally posted by Lars:

Well to hell with you sirrah! I shall not be treated in such a tawdry fashion by the likes of YOU ... I've sent a setup to Lars ... hmmm, this may be the first time we've actually played since ... did you get to play Jabo! with me?

Hmm, Jabos might be even more fun in the desert.

Then again, Shaw would consider 500 flamethrower teams in tinder dry brush with a high wind fun too.

Wonder if Shaw is as good at ambush markers as he is with TRP's? </font>

You Cretian (note the CMAK reference) ... we don't use ambush markers any more ... do we?

You're furiously looking for the manual right now, aren't you?

Speedy, did ya get that turn last night?

Oh I'll PLAY it but I won't set it up...

I find this aspect of dalem's personality fascinating (that is, if we can agree that even one thing about dalem is indicative of having a "personality").

By his own admission, he'll play anything. But he won't send a setup.

When he receives a setup, he simply clicks the "Go" button, paying little to no attention to how his troops are deployed. (I suspect he processes most of his turns this way too... A supposition I find particularly distressing, since I am currently losing to him. Then again, even chimpanzees must have their day now and again.)

So, Einstein, how much different can it be for you to send a setup than it can be to receive one?

Inquiring minds want to know.

Papa

PS

You all think I'm making this up, don't you?

Originally posted by Speedy:

Hey guys I have a new email address so send all your losing files this way... boethius@bigpond.net.au

Send me an EMail with the new address, I wont possibly remember it, Same situation with remembering you, if you dont prompt me now and again to let me know you are still breathing, I forget you exist.

*Der Kessel - When You Want To Play CM In The Worst Way.

As much as I like the free advertising, WE at Der Kessel do not want to be associated with any of the idiots responsible for Jabo! or Crodaburg (scenarios that can even make Rune's look good)

Originally posted by Berlichtingen:

*Der Kessel - When You Want To Play CM In The Worst Way.

As much as I like the free advertising, WE at Der Kessel do not want to be associated with any of the idiots responsible for Jabo! or Crodaburg (scenarios that can even make Rune's look good) </font>