New Combat Mission game Announced. Combat Mission: Afrika Korps!!!

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

smile.gif There were several FF divisions in Tunisia too ;)

BTW, as I posted back on page 3 of this thread, I too would like to see the Indians and Yarpies. Both had significant forces (at least as much as NZ and Aust) in both Africa and Italy (where the Aussies didn't poke their head in at all).

Regards

JonS

Originally posted by JonS:

BTW, as I posted back on page 3 of this thread, I too would like to see the Indians and Yarpies. Both had significant forces (at least as much as NZ and Aust) in both Africa and Italy (where the Aussies didn't poke their head in at all).

Regards

JonS

But of course by Italy we were off playing CMBB (Buna to Balikpapan).

Something I'd like to see is basic ( nothing fancy ) winter uniform & vehicle textures included with this game ( at least for the Italian theatre part of it ). That's always been a real annoyance for me concerning the CM series of games ( especially CMBB ). It leaves us ( the customers ) not really able to play winter battles until someone releases winter mods - which can take some time.

Before anyone starts calling me a whiner, crybaby, etc.; I feel that we, the customers, are entitled to having a basically complete game. After all we're being asked to pay at least $45.00 US for it.

I do not think there were any Tiger II, and I am not sure if there were any Jagdpanthers in Italy. So you won't be able to do everything if BFC sticks to historical accuracy, as they did in CMBB with e.g. the Elefant availability.

Rob, I don't think you are being asked to pay US$45 for CMAK ;)

[ April 10, 2003, 03:34 AM: Message edited by: Andreas ]

The point I was trying to make is that the games are incomplete without winter textures. I'm not talking about extravagant textures - just basic whitewash, etc. That would tide us over until someone releases winter mods. I don't know what they'll charge for it ( they say less than $45.00 US but that's still quite a bit once you add on the exchange for US funds ).

Rob, while you can argue that the game is incompletete without winter textures (although I think that depends on what you mean by 'complete' - the game does not contain certain vehicles that were fighting on the German or Soviet side, so it is not 'complete' anyway by the dictionary definition), I think there can be no question that anyone who bought it should have been aware of what they are putting their US$45 down for.

BTW - unless you already have price information, I think arguing that after exchange rate the game will cost you US$45 is a bit premature.

People expect that modders will come along, and they should know that winter mods are not included. So I don't really see the problem, and I think saying that BFC sold you an 'incomplete' game for US$45 is not exactly a fair statement of what happened. Just my €0.02.

Originally posted by Hun Hunter:

Can we PLEASE have the Daimler Dingo in the game?

..and the Humber LRC, of which 3,600 were built.

And the AEC and Humber armoured cars. And 15cwt trucks. And Bofors 37mm anti-tank guns.

I think the thing I'm looking forward to most, next to the Humber LRC, is the Deacon 6-pdr SP, which should get lots of mis-IDs as a truck.

All the best,

John.

Originally posted by Andreas:

I do not think there were any Tiger II, and I am not sure if there were any Jagdpanthers in Italy. So you won't be able to do everything if BFC sticks to historical accuracy, as they did in CMBB with e.g. the Elefant availability.

[snips]

Likewise, I think a game that covers Italy would still miss the Cromwell, Comet and Challenger, and I can't at the moment recall having heard of Fireflies in Italy, either.

All the best,

John.

Originally posted by John D Salt:

Likewise, I think a game that covers Italy would still miss the Cromwell, Comet and Challenger, and I can't at the moment recall having heard of Fireflies in Italy, either.

All the best,

John.

Shhhhhh.....don't let on to the guys at BFC. They may still include them if you keep your trap shut and don't let on.

Regards

Jim R.

They said CMBB wouldn't be updated to include any new multi-turreted vehicles, but how about a paid upgrade? I would sure pay to see a T35. Probably not enought people that care enough about the odd multi-turreted tanks to bother with, but I want it recorded that I'd pay $20-30 to see those tanks.

Scott

Originally posted by Andreas:

Well...we had Gebirgsjäger in CMBO, too. And the only time they fought on the whole western theartre and the CMBO timeframe was once in the alps, and I guess it can be discussed if this wasn't part of the Italian theatre anyway...

Originally posted by Scipio:

Well...we had Gebirgsjäger in CMBO, too. And the only time they fought on the whole western theartre and the CMBO timeframe was once in the alps, and I guess it can be discussed if this wasn't part of the Italian theatre anyway...

You are mistaken - two Gebirgsjägerbatallione (~1,000 men each) fought in the Vosges mountain range during the September battles. Not the Alps, and definitely not the Italian campaign.

Maybe BFC's opened a bigger-than-expected can of worms here. They could get into trouble with the grogs if they DON'T include both versions of the British AEC armored car, and if they DO include Tiger IIs in Italy! What a world!

Originally posted by John D Salt:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Andreas:

[snips]

All the best,

John. </font>

I want to say there were Fireflies in Italy... but perhaps Monty fobb'd-off all his unwanted 76mm gun Shermans on Italy and kept the Fireflies for himself. Can't quite recall. Italy did have Achilles'!

But I don't want CMAK to be a warmed-over CMBO. I want to see Italian Carro Armatos; British Humbers, Dingos and AECs; South African Marmon Herringtons, and of course my personal favorite, the Staghound. I suspect the desert scenario maps in CMAK are going to be VAST!

[ April 10, 2003, 03:56 PM: Message edited by: MikeyD ]

Originally posted by Firefly:

Interesting that the 7th Armoured Div. site gives the armour thickness of the Rolls Royce as 9mm, whilst Pitt's Crucible of War gives it as 8mm. BFC need to get Rexford on the job :D .

I'd measure it in situ for the price of a train ticket to Wool, Dorset ;)