Your contribution to CM

LGMB

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Doug Beman:

Preordered CM and still a junior member? I think Halk is the true God of Lurkers.

My role on this forum is the same as my role in real life: sit on the sidelines and throw empty beer cups.

DjB<hr></blockquote>

Doug - like the map or not? Answers on a postcard please. ;)

Raised the issue of "superior German gunnery optics"

Defender of the faith that "Live and Dead vehicles that are not smoking DO NOT BLOCK LOS" or do not provide any cover.

always interested in exploring any gamey tactic smile.gif

-tom w

[ 11-25-2001: Message edited by: aka_tom_w ]</p>

I know for a fact that I have contributed nothing even remotely substantive to this forum, unless of course you think bring up the disgraceful lack of modeling of the dreaded SS PanzerCapabara in CM should count....

You may adress me henceforth as Lord Emporer of Slacking

I made a number of whiny posts about how CM's results more closely resembled reality when people used green troops. I argued that it made more sense for most battles to be made up of regulars and greens, not regulars and vets. (I wasn't the first person to make this point, but I'm pretty sure I was the whiny-est.)

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Andrew Hedges:

I argued that it made more sense for most battles to be made up of regulars and greens, not regulars and vets. <hr></blockquote>

I've often wondered why that option (greens and regs) isn't available for QB's.

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Bog:

I am the God of Lurkers.

Bow to me.<hr></blockquote>

LOL! Sorry Bog I only bow to the real god. And then there me...what have I done, (other then make a fool of myself :D ) my first thing was bug people with the most terrible spelling in history, then the crazy green StuG and now making scenarios, oh and I got CM for $70 Cdn. Also to top it off over 2000 worthless posts here on the forum.

[ 11-25-2001: Message edited by: Panzerman ]</p>

One time, when playtesting my Canyon of Doom scenario, I noticed that although the US side did not have LOS to a concealed bunker, they still saw the hit deatail reports from the bunker when artillery hit it.

That is to say, the US was able to find out that a bunker was in an area they could not see, by reading the "Hit. No Damage" messages.

New meaning to the words "recon by fire," and quite unrealistic unless artillery shells make distinctly different noises when they hit bunkers.

I posted on the BBS about this and MadMatt said. "Hmm. Ill take a look at that."

I think thats it, really.

I have made women faint,

I have made men lose control of their bowels,

Please to meet you can you guess my name...

But what's puzzling you is the nature of my game...

Oh ya I also post the "Once whenever I feel like it Lurker" which may have brought a smile to a face or two.

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Iron Chef Sakai:

hehe, waffen ss are not hampsters!! i like ot use them and when i do there as effective as my tactics, just like any other unit. tongue.gif <hr></blockquote>

So then like your tactics...they are useless.

I convinced Madmatt in the chat room to add some doo-hicky to the game to tell you how damaged the buildings are. You can all now thank me for the little asterisks informing you of your imminent doom.

Also... remember when tanks rarely fired thier main gun at infantry? Well, I got that fixed bitchin to Steve. After they fixed that then all the tanks started shooting smoke instead. You can thank me for that too! Phhhffft!

Jeff

Well, I was the second to last person with the beta demo to order the full version of the game.

I made CM's first assault boat mod, turning it into a fishing skiff.

I learned how to build a website in about two weeks, creating The Last Defense, home of the best archive of CM threads, lots of mods that can't be downloaded by various people for various reasons (Angelfire :mad: ), and free image hosting.

I'm CM's biggest advocate of giving free copies of CMBB to webmasters and mod makers as a friendly guesture for their dedicated service -and I was just a half a second away from getting caught by my boss for posting on the forum when I'm supposed to be rebuilding a stupid website-

Where was I? Oh, yeah, but I've never written BTS about the giving away CMBB thing.

I still update The Last Defense at least once a month. Another update should happen sometime soon.

I'm the master-at-arms of the Antithicess thread, and run the scoreboard and official webpage.

[ 11-27-2001: Message edited by: 109 Gustav ]</p>

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by jshandorf:

So then like your tactics...they are useless.

I convinced Madmatt in the chat room to add some doo-hicky to the game to tell you how damaged the buildings are. You can all now thank me for the little asterisks informing you of your imminent doom.

Also... remember when tanks rarely fired thier main gun at infantry? Well, I got that fixed bitchin to Steve. After they fixed that then all the tanks started shooting smoke instead. You can thank me for that too! Phhhffft!

Jeff<hr></blockquote>

haha, care for an ip game sometime?

Started the Britannica reference work (better known as the Wine-Features Megathread) accompanied with a wine bet for Charles/Steve. Alas, server crashed before the wine wager could be fulfilled.

BTS' "Official Reply" to the above thread (read: customer care) convinced me that BTS' ideals are no fly-by-night venture. Was so impressed I send them Pinotage. Steve replies via e-mail that he thinks Charles (and his wife) are wine snobs, as they do not clean their car parts with Paul Masson wine.

That's all.

header_Winelands02.gif

------------------

Never drink bad wine out of compliment; self-preservation is the first law.

-- Charles Tovey "Wit, Wisdom and Morals Distilled from Bacchus (1878)