When did YOU pre-order? ( Please Contribute ) :)

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Heres a tip for those who stil have original nicknames, if you ordered around the time you joined this forum, you can roughly work out the time you ordered by clicking on the profile, it wil show you the date you nick was created, if you dont hae your original name, then check the search feature, use the search nickname option, and then repeat step one.

I ordred 01-26-2000.

July, 1999. Mine had better be in that damn 20% because having to wait ten days to get it means I need every advance possible wink.gif

------------------

I'm always in the ****, it's only the depth that varies.

Pre-ordered may '99 and another one 3 weeks ago. I'm not expecting CM soon on my doorstep though (the netherlands will take more then 10 days...believe me smile.gif

***edited***

As far as i know there has been a post like this some weeks ago...many replies, so maybe worth checking smile.gif

[This message has been edited by PanzerShark (edited 06-14-2000).]

I was one of those nuts that pre-ordered on the very first day that you could: May 7, 1999 (according to email BTS recently sent me when I updated my Credit Card info).

Phone call to CC agency confirms authorization for $53 charge was made yesterday on my account. Must have happened late last night since when I checked earlier in the evening there was no new info on my credit card purchases.

One of the lucky batards that lives here in the USA as well. Am expecting to get game by Friday (Sat. at the latest) assuming it ships out today and USPS doesn't lose it somewhere. biggrin.gif

Have been waiting for the game literally since "day one". Started reading about it back when it was still Avalon Hill's project and it was still being referred to as Computer Squad Leader or something like that. They had a blurb on it on their website and a link as I recall to Big Time Software's web page. When you went to BTS's webpage there was some more info there on the main page. Couple paragraphs about the game and a picture of the front box cover artwork from the orginal Squad Leader boardgame. There was no Battlefront.com, this forum didn't exist, and I'm not sure Steve was even working on the project at the time. My how things have changed since then.

Best part is all of us are going to "soon" be enjoying one of the best wargames ever produced. My hat is off and congratulations to Charles, Steve, and the entire CM team on a superb achievement in the history of computer wargaming development.

Mikester out.

[This message has been edited by Mikester (edited 06-14-2000).]

I believe it was October 1999. Hope that puts me in the top 20% or some of you 10 day delivery guys will have it in your hands before me because I go on vacation 6/18 for 10 days.

I also found it through Avalon Hill site and been following it ever since. The funniest thing about back then was it sent you to BTS' site where the descibed what they were doing and at the end it said "It will be done when it is done"

------------------

"To conquer death you only have to die" JC