CM KOREA 1950 MOD

As a side project, in my spare, spare time, I am gonna start to see what I might be able to create for portraying "The Forgotten War"...

Obviously BFC will never ever do it. Obviously I am limited for what can be portrayed.

Fake Lobster Kimchee anyone?

Does anyone have a computer wargame with Korean language combat sounds? 

We can perhaps get those sound files and process to be our voices for CM Korea.

I already started a scenario: "Task Force Smith".

CMFI is the current base platform.

US is the US.

British will be the North Koreans.

T-34/85 is the Sherman IIa.

If you want to join the mod team, give me a PM.

I admit that my brain aint that big. I have read about WW2 since being a young boy. In the 1970's, my school library had 2 books about WW2 and I checked them out constantly. My brain cannot keep all the information in there. So many things I have read and had some grasp on, I just slowly lose the details.

Korea has also drawn me to learn about it. I think a CM mod would be a lot of fun to make and play some scenarios.

So many interesting things to learn about...

https://tanks-encyclopedia.com/t-34-85-in-democratic-peoples-republic-of-korea-service/

I gotta make some Korean skins. Luckily, I have a little experience making skins when I made 1940's "negro"/black/African-American soldiers for the [buffalo] mod. It wasn't really that hard to do. I had a lot of fun with that one as I grabbed the online faces of Denzel Washington, Chris Rock, etc. I then mixed and matched eyes to noses and lips for some expansion of the number. I also changed the tone up or down to get some extras. I will just do the same I suppose. 

The NKPA summer 1950 uniform is just a slight alteration of the Red Army uniform, but in a yellowish color - except for the sneakers! And the funky cap.

I need a UI image for the portrait and branch. I need ranks. It all is probably out there on the interweb.

Final Blitzkrieg, when the module comes out, might be a better option rather than CMFI because it would be a reasonable assumption that it will include all the late Shermans and the Pershing for the US and Commonwealth forces.  Germans could be used as the North Koreans - Panther = T-34.  The Brits led a Commonwealth division in Korea so people on this side of the pond probably wouldn't mind seeing them in your project although I'm not sure how you'd cook up a Centurion because I very much doubt it will appear in the module as it just missed being fielded by the time the war ended.

Today in a few hours I go to say probably my last goodbye to a dear friend. His wife said the cancer has spread all over and he is in pain even with the fentanyl patch at 100. Del is age 90 and served during the Korean War. He never made it over to Korea but spent a couple years blowing up trees to turn Camp Stewart, Georgia into a tank training center. As a corporal, he ran the armory for his Engineering Company. A great story of his, and he has a ton, is when a young officer, butter bar O-1, was turning in a .45 and it went off INSIDE the armory. The bullet passed down through Del's pants leg. Cloth only. No blood spilled. The company commander chewed the officer out AFTER Del had his chance.

My CM Korea Mod is dedicated to Corporal Delma Ware, US Army.

12 hours ago, Combatintman said:

Final Blitzkrieg, when the module comes out, might be a better option rather than CMFI because it would be a reasonable assumption that it will include all the late Shermans and the Pershing for the US and Commonwealth forces.  Germans could be used as the North Koreans - Panther = T-34.  The Brits led a Commonwealth division in Korea so people on this side of the pond probably wouldn't mind seeing them in your project although I'm not sure how you'd cook up a Centurion because I very much doubt it will appear in the module as it just missed being fielded by the time the war ended.

I don't think the Panther would make a very good T-34. Truth is there isn't a tank in the Western Front titles that makes a good T-34, but I would favor the 76mm Sherman. Even the Sherman doesn't really have the right armor profile, since it has tougher frontal armor and weaker side armor than the T-34. But the firepower of the 76mm Sherman is about right for the T-34-85, so it's probably the best candidate overall.

The Panther is way off the mark for a T-34, though perhaps it might make a pretty good Centurion.

Asian skins are in progress. If anyone knows of any that already exist, please holler out.

333-in-prog.png

T-34/85 is substituted in as a shell over Sherman IIA. Ranks, portraits, silhoutte and branch are done for the UI.

332-in-prog.png

And the giant white turret numbers...

334-in-prog.png

Edited by kohlenklau

Lots of file renaming to get the weapons brought over from CMRT.

For the initial proof of concept "Task Force Smith" scenario I only need the WW2 bazookas. Later I will use Panzershrecks for the M20 Super Bazookas.

For the Task Force Smith 105 Howitzers I will use German 150mm infantry guns but filter away the ammo team with the MG34.

I will make a new splash screen and get some 1950 era music.

Looking forward to this

For a very long time I do feel CMFI is an excellent tool for modding Pacific theater and Korea war.

Brazilian can be converted into ROKA. 

When I first thought about this idea, I was thinking KPA and CPVA should be mod from Italian. But later I convince myself British should be a better choice. Both KPA and CPVA were heavily influenced by IJA, so their infantry tactic is focused on small fire teams maneuverer. The cannot be split Italian infantry squad will be a problem here.

BTW:

LLF has a CMBN Pacific mod 

I see current CMFI may 1945 US as remaining to be the US but can also be USMC.

I see Sherman IIA as T-34/85 and so British split off as the North Koreans. The British small arms are fortunately best to become Soviet supplied small arms: bolt-action rifles, SMG and LMG are very apples to apples.

@Chibot Mk IX Good idea - but I will leave it to others to make the Brazilians as the ROKA.

7 hours ago, kohlenklau said:

Korean surnames successfully showing.

I am downloading the Pacific Mod to see what I might utilize (with credit to original team).

It's a mod for CMBN... giant unsplittable Italian squads made no tactical sense at all for the IJA (unless they're fighting in China), so I used Polish troops. Go ahead and use whatever you can with my blessing, although I don't know if the textures still fit the wireframes.

16 hours ago, kohlenklau said:

@37mm Sir, request permission to harvest your Pacific mod for anything useful for Korea 1950.

The Pacific Alpha is mostly just a reimagining of LLF's stuff combined with some concepts developed by the H&E team alongside a few more, modern bits & pieces like @JM Stuff's Japanese helmet & @Lucky_Strike's foilage.

Harvest away.

I might look into a Heaven & Earth prequel one day (as a pseudo Korean Civil war style conflict & using CMRT as a base) so, in that case, would inevitably end up counter-harvesting.

I've recently been (slowly) working my way through LLF's Makin Atoll...

b0zFc2s.jpg

QGvPOXx.jpg

iQkxV2o.jpg

Edited by 37mm