Preview: First FanMade BattlePack for CM Red Thunder

Mr.X

13 hours ago, Mr.X said:

Short update about WIP:

While creating AI plans for further 24 single missions, it is the first time I am able to estimate the probable date of release for this BattlePack: it will be at the end of September 👍

5 Campaigns with 40 single missions on 33 different maps. 

Special thanks goes to @Phantom Captain who is fighting his way through the Beta-Version of TigerTrail 😎

Regards

Mr.X

Have you talked to Steve about getting this sold at the BF store? That's a lot of work on your part and I'd happily pay ten or fifteen bucks for this battlepack.

@Bearstronaut: 😂😂😂

Indeed, I have asked BF, if there was the possibility to give support without any financial interest. The result was: no reaction - but this is ok👍🏻
At the moment, this Pack is like a start up = good potential with no finished product. So, now it is my turn to provide a finished product of high quality😎

Regards 

Mr.X 

14 minutes ago, Mr.X said:

Indeed, I have asked BF, if there was the possibility to give support without any financial interest. The result was: no reaction - but this is ok👍🏻
At the moment, this Pack is like a start up = good potential with no finished product. So, now it is my turn to provide a finished product of high quality😎

Regards 

Mr.X 

Well, good on you man. I appreciate the hard work and eagerly await the full release of your battle pack.

On 6/5/2023 at 9:28 AM, Mr.X said:

Regards 

Mr.X 

Create a Patreon? I don't know if it only allows monthly subscriptions, but I'd gladly kick some money your way for your work

On 6/5/2023 at 10:28 AM, Mr.X said:

Regards 

Mr.X 

I would pay for it regardless 😉. Looks like a really ambitious project!

• 2 weeks later...

Just in time for the anniversary of „Operation Bagration“ here comes a short update for the WIP:

@Phantom Captain is still fighting bravely through the „Tiger-Trail“ Campaign and until now it seems as if the missions work fine 🙏🏻

The „Into Hell“Campaign also runs playtesting.

“Five Bridges“ and „Partisans Land“ will start with further test rounds soon.

For the „Our Father“ Campaign I am creating 4 maps of the town of Mogilew, based on historical maps/pictures - what proves to be more time consuming than expected because most of the city lay in ruins 😱

So, what‘s the next step?

In 3-4 weeks I will need a playtester for a special and huge Mission which is a defense action against a main Soviet Breakthrough Attempt on 22nd June 1944. 

That for now. More news to come.

Regards

Mr.X

• 3 weeks later...

@M.H.: 

Before the Germans occupied the City with heavy street fighting in July 1941, it had about 100000 residents - in June 1944 it was an accumulation of ruins with German supply bases, workshops and POW camps, while there were almost non of the former residents left.

Remains of German 12th ID, 31st ID and „Feldherrnhalle“Division (on their retreat from the broken frontline 40km east of Mogilev) were forced to try to defend the so called „Fortess“  from 27th till 29th June and were encircled soon by Soviet Units from North and South which had crossed the Dnjepr-River against weak resistance before. 
The dramatic hours from the evening of 27th June to the final stand will be the theme of this campaign.

Regards 

Mr.X

Edited by Mr.X

10 hours ago, Anonymous_Jonze said:

Ugh! I can't wait to play this!

Me neither. The defensive battles of Hrs.Gr. Mitte deserve a lot more attention. Fought under impossible odds they are nevertheless worth studying more. 

Same goes for the defensive battles of the second half 0f 1943 and the first half of 1944.

Superb screenies btw.

Edited by Aragorn2002

• 3 weeks later...

Short update:

Work is going on well 👍🏻
In 2-3 weeks, the Beta-Version of the Campaign „Into Hell“ will be ready for the final test run. It will consist of 8 single missions (from tiny to huge). 
So, if there is anybody who likes to play the campaign before the official release, pm me 👍🏻😎

Regards

Mr.X 

On 6/5/2023 at 7:51 AM, Bearstronaut said:

Have you talked to Steve about getting this sold at the BF store? That's a lot of work on your part and I'd happily pay ten or fifteen bucks for this battlepack.

My 2 reichs-pfennigs of thoughts are that MAYBE this awesome work here gets him noticed and down the line he is recruited and brought into their fold, signing the NDA, becoming part of the harem or stable of scenario writers. Maybe he will get to do Kursk campaign when BFC releases CM Operation Citadel in 2043 or 2044. 

• 3 weeks later...

Short update:

There are two news - one bad and one good 😉

The bad one: due to an unexpected vacation, I had to stop my work since last week...

The good one: When I´m back home on 13th September, I will continue with work powerfully 👍

As I told before, it is a huge amount of things to do AND I want to have a product with quality - so, I have to 

adjust the release date for a (hopefully) last time:

With the experience of the last months, I am almost sure, that the BattlePack will be released as a Christmas gift 😎

Regards

Mr.X

• 3 weeks later...

So, back @home and returning with CM-Work 😎

Sometimes, a little break from creating/testing AI-plans is very helpful to get new motivation and to avoid the „Combat-Mission Designer‘s Burnout“ - a serious mental disease, well known to everyone who ever has created a Campaign 😉

Regards 

Mr.X

• 2 weeks later...

„Tiger Trail“ Campaign (17 missions) and „Into Hell“ Campaign (8 missions) are now running through their final Beta testing 👍🏻
Big thank to the Testers 💪🏻

But I need more volunteers 😎

Within the next 2 weeks, the first part of the „Five Bridges“ Campaign, including 4 missions (middle sized to large) will be ready for the final test run. So, pm me, if you like to play these 👍🏻

Regards 

Mr.X